The DS Metroid Games....

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
GodzillaKraid

Hatchling

The DS Metroid Games....

Postby GodzillaKraid » 10.17.10 11:01am

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this forum, and it's pretty cool , isn't it?

Anyway, I've played and beaten every Metroid game except the original (It's hard!) and the two Nintendo DS games. I haven't played Hunters because everyone here says that it sucks. I really don't know why because I played the First Hunt demo and it was pretty fun. People also say that Pinball is just a cash-in and is not worth it either. My question is- Are they really that bad? Are they at least worth my time?
WARNING:
Do Not Feed Choogle After Midnight.
Unless You like Chickens.

Chipou

Metroid Queen

Re: The DS Metroid Games....

Postby Chipou » 10.17.10 11:05am

i heard pinball was actually a pretty good pinball game, but i cant offer my opinion on it cause i never played it

although hunters....its a fucken labyrinth with the constant teleporters. theres two bosses that you fight (well 8 of the same two, minus gorea), auto death if u fall, and there isnt a huge verity of enemys. yet i still enjoyed it...although...most of the fun is in the multiplayer which is plagued by hackers

fox mulder

Ridley

Postby fox mulder » 10.17.10 11:06am

Metroid Prime Hunters is quite the strange thing. I honestly think it has its strange moments of funness, but overall it isn't that great.
Metroid Prime Pinball was surprisingly fun to me. It's strange, but an interesting concept, however I wouldn't buy it at full price.
deviantART Profile
It's not much, but any comments and/or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

DNAx

Hatchling

Postby DNAx » 10.17.10 12:04pm

I never got myself to finish Hunters 'cause I just really didn't find it that much fun.

Pinball is quite a nice pinball game, of course it's no real metroid but it's still fun to play.
:metroid:

Troid

Metroid Queen

Postby Troid » 10.17.10 12:49pm

If this was four years ago and there were people you could chat and mess around with online on Friends mode, I'd say yes, but the single-player isn't worth much.
Image Melissa Image

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 10.17.10 1:18pm

You can find pinball new for 20 bucks or less, which is well worth it because it's a fun game.

The demo for Hunters was plenty of fun, but the main game itself was really fucking terrible, with boring enemies, boring bosses, mostly boring levels, boring weapons, and kinda cool music being the only thing to its credit.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

fox mulder

Ridley

Postby fox mulder » 10.17.10 7:19pm

You can use D-Pad and buttons, but you turned around like a tank, you moved like a tank, and you spontaneously pop out of fucking nowhere when exiting your ship when you arrive somewhere for the first time.
deviantART Profile
It's not much, but any comments and/or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

King Metroid

Hatchling

Postby King Metroid » 10.18.10 8:22am

I played the First Hunt demo and it was pretty fun.
That's just how they get you.

The final game is somehow alot less fun than the demo... It was just so dull and monotonous, I don't know why I still have it.

fox mulder

Ridley

Postby fox mulder » 10.18.10 10:48am

Hm..................it did didn't it? It was kinda fun though. Survival got boring though.
deviantART Profile

King Metroid

Hatchling

Postby King Metroid » 10.18.10 11:30am

How is the demo more fun than the final game? Ammo is completely forced on you and is connected as every weapon runs on the same ammo. Every mode aside from Survival is timed. There are only 4 enemy types: Zoomers, Metroids, Mochtroids (what appear to be) and then a recolor of Samus. The only environmental theme is a techy ship type area. Both the enemies and environmental elements of MPH:FH makes a statement on MPH being dull in comparison void. The repetitive nature of MPH really should be a non-issue for anyone who liked the demo more than the final game, as you are dealing with same enemies in every area and basically every mode (multiplayer is questionable sense a human player chances things up).

Let's be honest, you only liked the demo more because it had the Metroid as an enemy.
No, really. I just couldn't enjoy Hunters no matter how much I wanted too. I had to force myself to finish the single player mode, and the multiplayer was borderline unplayable at times. I expected something much better.
First hunt had nothing to live up to, however, and didn't cost anything- so it couldn't have dissapointed me anyway. And I've probably wasted more time with the demo than I have Hunters, which I've recently hidden inside the desk in my room. I can't even look at anymore without becoming slightly enraged. It's that bad.

Ech0ez

Gamma Metroid

Postby Ech0ez » 10.19.10 4:46am

The multiplayer was not "unplayable" by any stretch of the imagination.

As for the topic, not much point owning Hunters these days. The community is mostly gone and although it was awesome back in the day now it's pretty much deserted besides handfuls of hackers and people that still play for the novelty or nostalgia or whatever. Not really worth bothering with unless it's really cheap (Like less than $5/£5 cheap) and you have friends that own it.

Pinball however is completely kickass and I will hear no argument to the contrary.
Rayman (Even if technically speaking the Rabbis are practically their own franchise now)
I didn't know Rayman was Jewish.

garbin

Metroid

Postby garbin » 10.19.10 2:27pm

Metroid Hunters is not a bad game by a loooong way. Good graphics and sound and a half decent story. It's just the control mechanism that lets it down in my opinion. I find I can't play the game for more than half an hour without developing severe hand cramps, which makes the whole experience unenjoyable. I should point out that I am an older gamer (wrong side of 40's) and have big hands which probably makes playing the game all the more harder. Currently I have left the game in a part finished state just needing to beat the final version of the slench and the other boss before moving onto the final boss but at the moment I just can't rustle up the enthusiasm to go through the discomfort of playing the game for an extended period.

As for the pinball game whilst it is a cash-in, it is a very well implemented pinball game with lots of Metroid Prime character. I do enjoy the odd blast on it.
"Wargle!"

Mushroom Hopper

Zeta Metroid

Postby Mushroom Hopper » 11.04.10 3:47am

Nintendo has released two Metroid games per platform for the last two handhelds and home consoles... Unfortunately as great as the DS is, it got the shaft when it comes to Metroid games... Not that they aren't enjoyable, but they're definitely two of the weaker entries in the series.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime