Favorite Dinosaur.

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Re: Favorite Dinosaur.

Postby TheBlackCat » 01.06.11 4:27pm

It has a space near the base of the tail where the nerves run through, but since these are just bones it is hard to tell what it housed. It was originally thought to house a nerve bundle, but it could be something else. It wasn't a brain though, a brain is a lot more than just a bundle of nerves.
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

SpareChange

Zeta Metroid

Postby SpareChange » 01.06.11 7:50pm

My favorite Dinosaurs...

Wii U S/N: SpareChnge

Godot

Hatchling

Postby Godot » 01.07.11 7:53pm

SpareChange wrote:My favorite Dinosaurs...

Yes good sir, that is the correct answer to this thread. XD
"No matter the man, we all wear masks... Either on our faces or over our hearts" -Godot

SpareChange

Zeta Metroid

Postby SpareChange » 01.07.11 8:03pm

Infinity's End wrote:Triceratops. BUT WHAT'S THIS? THEY DON'T EXIST!?

Oh come on...let it be a dinosaur.

Oh come on, let pluto be a planet.
Wii U S/N: SpareChnge

Godot

Hatchling

Postby Godot » 01.07.11 8:28pm

I was raised to believe Pluto is a planet, and then a few years ago they go and demote the poor fella. Pluto should keep his title simply because he's held it for so long. dont forget the hate mail museums get from angry preschoolers. however that is all beside the point. I did not know about the triceratops is fake brouhaha... NO! the scientific community is conspiring to kill my childhood z8O
"No matter the man, we all wear masks... Either on our faces or over our hearts" -Godot

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 01.07.11 10:20pm

Godot wrote:I was raised to believe Pluto is a planet, and then a few years ago they go and demote the poor fella. Pluto should keep his title simply because he's held it for so long.

Sadly, there's no "Grandfather Clause" in science. <3
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Postby TheBlackCat » 01.08.11 12:19am

Godot wrote:I was raised to believe Pluto is a planet, and then a few years ago they go and demote the poor fella.

Took them long enough, too.

Godot wrote:Pluto should keep his title simply because he's held it for so long.

Interestingly, the sun and moon both held the title of "planet" for thousands of years. There were once a couple of dozen planets in the solar system, before scientists realized that asteroids were a new class of object and they were just going to keep finding more and more of them (just as they did with Pluto and other Kuiper Belt Objects). Ceres, the largest asteroid, was considered a planet for about half a century, and several others were in the same boat for almost as long. So if we want to be consistent, we would have to consider the Sun, the Moon, and over a dozen asteroids as "planets" as well. Thankfully, scientists rank consistency above history in most cases.

"Outside intelligences, exploring the solar system with true impartiality, would be quite likely to enter the sun in their records thus: Star X, spectral class G0, 4 planets plus debris."
— Isaac Asimov
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

Previous

Return to General Discussions