You wouldn't guess this about me but...

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

You wouldn't guess this about me but...

Postby TheBlackCat » 03.31.11 5:49pm

Anything interesting, unusual, cool, or downright weird about you that people wouldn't suspect?

A few things for me:

I am highly asymmetrical. My left leg is about half an inch longer than my right, my left foot is half a shoe size larger, while my right hand is about a quarter inch longer

I get a five o'clock shadow by about noon.

My vision is 20/15 in one eye and 20/13 in the other. The latter is close to the limits of human vision. I also have excellent night vision

I am right-handed, but write like I'm left-handed (with my hand curved inward).
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

doc O. Mire

Omega Metroid

Re: You wouldn't guess this about me but...

Postby doc O. Mire » 03.31.11 6:13pm

I show a few symptoms of DID (Dissocietive Identity Dissorder) and OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Dissorder). I hate aquatic mythological creatures (mermaids, sea serpents and the like). And I'm wearing three pairs of underwear right now! (a :cookie: to whoever gets the joke)
"Writing is easy. You just stare at a blank page until your forehead starts to bleed." - Douglas Adams

Balkoth

Omega Metroid

Postby Balkoth » 03.31.11 6:18pm

I'm a pretty cool, laid-back guy. Nobody would ever suspect I'm on probation for assault.

I have size 15W feet (Aka HUGE!), and my middle toes are my second shortest toes.
When somebody tells me he doesn't believe in violence, I punch him in the face to inform him of its existence.

LifeIsOtherM

Gamma Metroid

Postby LifeIsOtherM » 03.31.11 7:04pm

My hands don't sweat...that's why my guitar strings stay clean for so long...yeah
Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim wrote:I'm in Lesbians with you.

AngusRidley

Metroid

Postby AngusRidley » 03.31.11 7:45pm

I FUCKIN HATE RIDLEY AFTER MY 15% RUN
I WANNA CHANGE NAME IF POSSIBLE
but anyway irl
My adult bottom incisors are as big as my baby ones o_O
Eh..... ill probably think of more.....
Give a hoot. Save Ridley. Join the RCPA(Ridley cruelty protection agency) :P

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Postby TheBlackCat » 03.31.11 9:54pm

Oh yeah, that reminds me: I had six wisdom teeth removed.
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

GodzillaKraid

Hatchling

Postby GodzillaKraid » 03.31.11 10:51pm

I text in complete sentences and I use proper grammar.

I can't snap. O_O
WARNING:
Do Not Feed Choogle After Midnight.
[spoiler]Unless You like Chickens.[/spoiler]

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Postby TheBlackCat » 03.31.11 10:54pm

GodzillaKraid wrote:I text in complete sentences and I use proper grammar.

I can't snap. O_O

Same here on both counts.
-NASA in 1965

metroidhunter183

Alpha Metroid

Postby metroidhunter183 » 03.31.11 11:16pm

I may seem like a loner in high school but, I'm a talkative type of person to my friends and family.
I have stubby, short toes

Thats about it for now...
Currently playing: Metroid Prime Trilogy

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 04.01.11 1:25am

When I am speaking publicly about something I am not familiar with, I get stage fright. However, when I am talking publicly about something I am familiar with, I talk as though there isn't a crowd in front of me at all.

I say sorry at an average of 22 times a day. (A lot more in front of people who make me a bit nervous)

Schrau wrote:Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

At least from the perspective of the Space Pirates.

Jesse D

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 04.01.11 2:18am

I'm 27 and still in college.

-_-;
-Jesse DImage

Apothem

Kraid

Postby Apothem » 04.01.11 2:35am

I can snap my toes as most can their fingers. I can also snap all four fingers on both hands in rapid succession. Sounds crazy when I'm snapping enerything all at once. I also have the curious ability to pop my wrists and ankles at will, which probably isn't healthy... -_-; If I go several hours without popping my ankles, when I inevitably do, the audible ~CRACK!~ is often so loud as to startle most people, leading many to believe I've actually broken something. It's lead to some very humorous situations. :awesome: Beyond my freakish mutations, I am a very large man (read: tall, broad) which often leads to a misconstrued sense of intimidation, although I've been told by those close to me that I am, more or less, a "gentle giant." I never did aprecieate my highschool nickname of "Shrek" though... -_-;
Okey wrote:In the next game Samus will have clown make-up but it'll be ok because the clown make-up will double as thermal camouflage. It'll be practical.

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 04.01.11 4:00am

Apothem wrote:I can snap my toes as most can their fingers. I can also snap all four fingers on both hands in rapid succession. Sounds crazy when I'm snapping enerything all at once. I also have the curious ability to pop my wrists and ankles at will, which probably isn't healthy... -_-; If I go several hours without popping my ankles, when I inevitably do, the audible ~CRACK!~ is often so loud as to startle most people, leading many to believe I've actually broken something. It's lead to some very humorous situations. :awesome:
Ha! I'm the same way, only I can pop nearly anything and everything on my body. Most notably: the neck, elbows, ribs, jaw, and hip bone (yes, the pelvis can be popped, and it feels soooooooooo~ good to pop it [kind of like when popping your back]). Those have the propensity to be very loud when popped. My brother can pop his knees (something beyond my capabilities), and it looks and sounds horrifyingly painful every time I see him snap those legs back. This coming from the guy that once kicked himself in the back of the head... -_-;

Something else about me: I can make my eyes move in two different directions at once. For an idea of what it looks like, imagine if the two Metroids in my sig were a person's eyes. 8B I've both scared people off and gotten dates with that ability.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 04.01.11 5:10am

Zeroº wrote:I've both scared people off and gotten dates with that ability.[/color]
Dude, that is the funniest thing I heard all day! XD

Schrau wrote:Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

At least from the perspective of the Space Pirates.

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 04.01.11 10:47am

I can wiggle my second toe (after the big one) without moving any of the others......let's see you do that :P

It took me 2 years to figure out which muscles to use that coordinate just that toe, and lots of toe/foot cramps. Why did I learn this!? I can't remember, but it's a great beach trick :P
:adam: "I authorize full use of the Report Button on the MDb Message Boards."

Next

Return to General Discussions