I want your honest opinion....

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
VGMStudios

Ridley

I want your honest opinion....

Postby VGMStudios » 11.12.15 6:36pm

about me.

Let see if this thread doesnt get deleted.

I know I am like the last person liked here but Id like your opinion about me (save IE - I already know what he thinks). Im not writing this so you can tear into me and bash me, but here so I can learn and maybe improve myself.

So the almighty IE has PMed me, and stated that no one here likes me, that I am have an elitism attitude, that I am condescending and a bully.

I personally don't see it. Is this true? What are your thoughts?

I perfectly know that I have not been the nicest person and my posts were usually negative. Without going into to much detail, let just say that I was not happy with my life, myself and with the world. Now Im not saying that as an excuse or for you to feel sorry for me. Its just simply the fact.
Because of this I took it out on the internet, cause as everyone knows, who cares its just the internet, right.....?

Now a few facts about me that will NEVER change:
  • I will not keep quiet if I see something wrong going on. I dont care who you are, mod or not. I am not afraid to call you out on it and/or ask questions. Too long have I let others walk all over me and try to change who I am. And I dont understand this fear-mongering going on. Just because you are a mod/admin you aren't always right. You are human too and you will make mistakes.
  • I will critic and voice my opinion, just like how everyone else has that right, on art or anything else for that matter. If you don't like it, then that is not my responsibility.
    Call me a purist and whatnot, but if I see someone using MP Samus in a SM drawing, or the cannon is on the wrong arm, for example, I will say something about it. Even if your best buddy drew it. Is that so wrong of me? But then again Ill try to say it with "rainbows and unicorns" so no one will get offended.
  • I may be blunt at times and will not sugar coat anything. But again, Ill try to say it in a nicer manner.
  • I am an emotional person, I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am hot tempered when I get pushed to far. I may say things that I do not mean and when I cool off I tend to delete those posts. Bad habit, yes I know. I am trying to rectify this.
If I am not true to myself then what am I?

Finally let me just say that I will not apologize for my posts, but I will apologize if whatever I have said in the past did offended or hurt anyone.
I am a WIP.

If you knew me IRL, you'd see that I am actually a nice and quiet person with a generous heart.

So am I really a condescending elitism bully?

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Re: I want your honest opinion....

Postby Remnants » 11.12.15 7:07pm

Since you asked me for my honest opinion, then that's what I'll give. That said, I'm sure you'll hold yourself to your own standards, specifically this part:
I will critic and voice my opinion, just like how everyone else has that right, on art or anything else for that matter. If you don't like it, then that is not my responsibility.
Okay then...

Honestly, I think you've been something of a nuisance. You always seem like the person who doesn't have anything positive to say and that can get on people's nerves if that's done incessantly. There is a reason why a specific saying has endured throughout time. That is the saying: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Aren't we all familiar with it?
If I am not true to myself then what am I?
Not a friend of ours. Only to your true friends can you be true to yourself. This is something I've had to learn the hard way so please give it careful thought. If you are thinking about befriending us as a community then let me say that I ensure you that you are making a terrible mistake. We are not all to be trusted. Perhaps a few of us or just one of us are but not the entirety. Not now, not ever. There will be vindictive, self-righteous morons no matter where you go and it's important to know how to coexist with them without it being too much trouble and they will be there waiting to find the right excuse to act out on their self-righteous and vindictive nature. We may all have human bodies but we are not necessarily the same. Rather, it is like being within an ecosystem where there are predators and prey and where relationships can be mutualistic, commensalistic or parasitic. There will be someone out there looking for something or someone to feed on and it is up to you to figure out how to survive within this social ecosystem we call a community. If there is something that you must take home from this, is that only to a true friend can you truly be yourself -- not to a bunch of random people where mutual understanding can seem pretty much impossible.

I think I'll continue on this point due to how important it is. You see, if you are going to be true to yourself, you inevitably make yourself vulnerable and when you are vulnerable, you can be wounded. However, in emotional vulnerability it becomes possible to find connection with someone as well as psychological intimacy which are all great things to experience. However, not everyone wants it from you and if you give your heart out to just anyone, it is guaranteed that someone will break either for vengeance or for lulz.

By the way, you kinda wear your elitism on your sleeve. Look at your sig:

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 11.12.15 7:39pm

-Another drama thread that I see little point of.

I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, sometimes think you can be rude and there are moments where I've found you to be not likeable in certain areas. But then again, this isn't exlclusive to you: for every forum member I've ever met on any forum I could name off something unlikeable or obnoxious about them so it's whatever. I myself am guilty of it too, I know I can be rude or brash with my opinions at times and I do it often on purpose.

But honestly, I don't have strong opinions on anyone here one way or another. So I find this to be a pointless thread, since I don't bother to care about what others think of me and feel like it just alienates people.

If you are thinking about befriending us as a community then let me say that I ensure you that you are making a terrible mistake. We are not all to be trusted. Perhaps a few of us or just one of us are but not the entirety. Not now, not ever. There will be vindictive, self-righteous morons no matter where you go and it's important to know how to coexist with them without it being too much trouble and they will be there waiting to find the right excuse to act out on their self-righteous and vindictive nature.
Always remember:

It's nice to keep a hands-off approach to everything, especially on the internet.

I like you guys well enough and don't hate anyone in particular but again I keep everyone at a distance so I don't get burned by any sort of "community". I have no strong attachments to everyone and it makes things fun.

Express opinions, argue, have a laugh, shitpost, whatever. Even if some people don't like you don't take it too seriously or personally. I sure as hell don't.

Sorry if I'm just kind of writing off your feelings right now but I don't find it that serious. Remember: we're just posting on an internet forum shitposting and bitching about Metroid. Keep it in perspective and things will go smooth.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 11.13.15 9:46am

Well thanks for your opinion. Its appreciated.
-Another drama thread that I see little point of.
No drama, not at all, just wanting to know what others thought. Also asked to prove a point. Cause I knew what I thought was right and he was just picking on me. Threatening me, but have I broken any of the forum rules? Unless there is a rule against being negative which I don't know about.
Honestly, I think you've been something of a nuisance. You always seem like the person who doesn't have anything positive to say and that can get on people's nerves if that's done incessantly. There is a reason why a specific saying has endured throughout time. That is the saying: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Aren't we all familiar with it?
I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, sometimes think you can be rude and there are moments where I've found you to be not likeable in certain areas. But then again, this isn't exlclusive to you: for every forum member I've ever met on any forum I could name off something unlikeable or obnoxious about them so it's whatever. I myself am guilty of it too, I know I can be rude or brash with my opinions at times and I do it often on purpose.
I can see that what I have concluded is true. I am no better nor worse than anyone here. I already stated that I can be a little negative at times and thats something I am working on fixing. I'm not always negative mind you. I did stand up for Federation Force when everyone was so hard on it. haha.
Anyways I will try to be more positive to make things a little more pleasant for everyone here. Again, I do apologize if I have offended anyone with my negativity.

Thanks for the insight, and the warning, but I think you misunderstood my post. I did not write that to try and be "buddy buddies" with anyone here. Acquaintance at the most. Believe me, I have already been through all that, and like you, learned the hard way. Im just here because like everyone, I am a fan.
By the way, you kinda wear your elitism on your sleeve. Look at your sig:
How do I wear my "elitism" on my sleeve? Because I have a love for SM which I hold dear, and its my favorite game above all games? Please tell me, do you not love something, weather be it a video game, sports team, food or anything else that you hold dear and no matter what anyone else say, you still think its the greatest? Then you are guilty of being elitism as well. And if you say no, then you are either lying, or saying that to spite me. Haha!

Above all I do not think I am better or smarter than anyone else here. Quiet the opposite actually. I know you guys know a hell of a lot more than I do on certain things. So how am I elitism?
Sorry if I'm just kind of writing off your feelings right now but I don't find it that serious.
No need to apologize because you really didn't write off my feelings. I thank you for honesty.

VGM out...

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 11.15.15 12:15pm

Since I've been here (and it's been years, having had the former name, Dryn), you haven't come off rude. Or at least not to me. If negative is what you are, then I must not be affected by it for also being negative.

Return to “%s” General Discussions