Your username

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
RedMage

Anonymous

Your username

Postby RedMage » 05.20.08 7:55pm

Ei came up with a good suggestion. What does your username stand for?

Herald of Nurgle is from WH40000k (amg no crap! you aint got nothin nice to say, dont say it!)

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspace ... /typhus/1/
Last edited by RedMage on 05.20.08 7:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 05.20.08 7:56pm

Fav boss in the Prime trilogy. From the best game in the Prime trilogy.

Oh, and U STOLLL MY IDEA N0000000BBB STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

RedMage

Anonymous

Postby RedMage » 05.20.08 8:00pm

Emperor Ing wrote:Fav boss in the Prime trilogy. From the best game in the Prime trilogy.

Gotta be quick :) , besides Ei your spam wars have taken you down a notch :(

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 05.20.08 8:03pm

Herald of Nurgle wrote:
Emperor Ing wrote:Fav boss in the Prime trilogy. From the best game in the Prime trilogy.

Gotta be quick :) , besides Ei your spam wars have taken you down a notch :(

You mean my epic spam wars against myself?

Good times.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Sylux

Anonymous

Postby Sylux » 05.20.08 9:01pm

Eh, it won't be so epic when you get your ISP b&.

I chose Sylux as my moniker because he/she/it is mysterious and badass, much like myself.

The Illusion

Zeta Metroid

Postby The Illusion » 05.20.08 9:06pm

In the Sonic Adventure 2 song "Supporting Me", one of the lyrics mentions "An Illusion".
I don't even know what it was, it just sounded cool at the time.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 05.20.08 9:22pm

Sylux wrote:Eh, it won't be so epic when you get your ISP b&.

I chose Sylux as my moniker because he/she/it is mysterious and badass, much like myself.

Wrong. That's when it gets even MORE epic.

illusion, that seems like a pretty random way to choose your username.
not bad.

Road

Omega Metroid

Postby Road » 05.21.08 12:03am

Mine shall remain a secret. Makes it more interesting that way.
Woman are not sexual objects they are people too. And most of them could kick your ass too. I would if i could find you
Woman don't belong in the kitchen. They have lives. Just because your too self centered to see that doesn't make you better then woman

RedMage

Anonymous

Postby RedMage » 05.21.08 12:08am

Road wrote:Mine shall remain a secret. Makes it more interesting that way.

Come on? You were always movin from state to state?

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 05.21.08 5:29am

I already posted my explanation in the manga thread a bit ago but I fill like being repetitive.

Sharonlover - My first anime love was Sharon Apple from Macross First and my first fanfiction was based on Yang Neumann from the same series who was the number one sharon fan. I related a lot to him and so I chose Sharonlover as my pen name for fanfiction writing.

My fanfiction turned quickly to Metroid, though I never changed my name and it stuck with me since. I joined the MDb before that and went with the name metroidmaster but didn't like the sound, so back in *thinks* 01, I think I changed it to 'sharonlover' I had posted a few times under my 'mm' name but hadn't done much beyond that and coulda be ruled as a lurker then. It wasn't till i changed my name to sharonlover that I became an active member.

CCHHunter - is the name I use everywhere else. Stands for Capt Cobra Hawk Hunter. Or just Hunter for short. This is a real life nickname my father gave me as a kid when I use to do the whole "OMG we gots to build an uber fortz and protect it'. I was second in charge beside him 'General Rambo' and I ruled my two brothers and two cousins, Sgt Running Bear, Lt Screaming Brat, Capt Sharpe and I can't remember my other cousings name right now. Anyhow...those were back in the day. You'll notice I use CCHHunter in my scanlations and MSN for those who have me added.

I was debating changing my name here from sharonlover to CCHHunter, but I enjoy the nostalgia every now and then ^_^; plus all my metroid fanfiction fans know me as sharonlover so that's how I will keep.

I also use Moriko Oomiki for my night elf in warcraft. Translates from Japanese roughly as Child of the Forest (first name) and Big *tree* trunk (as last name). She also has a daughter named Tsukika OOmiki (Child of the Moon) and a mother Karyuudo-chan (wanna say that meant Huntress).

More then you wanted to know I'm sure :P
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Postby Will Keaton » 05.21.08 10:36am

In grade 9 I played the role of Willy Wonka in our school play. I decided if, for whatever reason I needed an alias, it would be Will. People who try to come up with an alias on the spot usually ends with things like Tom Ato and I wanted to be prepared. Keaton is the name of the yellow multi-tailed kitsune inspired creature from the Legend of Zelda Ocarania of Time and Majora's Mask.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

Sub-zero

Metroid Queen

Postby Sub-zero » 05.21.08 11:04am

When I was like 7-9 years old, my friend bought a Sega Genesis and a few games along with it. One of them was Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
We LOVED the game!
We played it for days, weeks, MONTHS without stopping, until we had to go to school.
That friend always had some crazy ideas about, well... Everything. He wanted to make movies and he had a HUGE-ASS camera, we were filming all kinds of mindless s@#$.

Other than that, we gave each other nicknames from UMK3:
He was Reptile
Another friend was Scorpion
His cousin was Ermac

And, of course, I was Sub-zero.

It was all just a game of words and childish thoughts, but we sticked to our names.
I'm known as Sub-zero EVERYWHERE on the internts (except for YouTube-AJADZI)
Reptile uses his name for his email address
And I haven't seen Scorpion or Ermac for the last 5 years.

So there: my name came from playing too much UMK3 and hanging out with crazy people. :twisted:
I know how to spell GENIOUS nowbaremyarcticblast
Adam Malkovich authorises you to play your copy of Metroid Prime.

Silver Skree

Anonymous

Postby Silver Skree » 05.21.08 1:11pm

I was 6, i think, and i needed an AIM screename, so i ripped off my brother's, to some extent. his was:

DFPercush
initials + percussion

DAVmn23
Dav(id), man (i played ff6 at the time and started to remove vowels from things to abbreviate them :P) and that one was taken, so enter random numbers 2 and 3. voila.

DAVmn232@gmail.com is my email, I used DAVmn23 before but it had been so long that i had fogotten my password and the answer to the security question i had written out. so, DAVmn23. two. >_> i know.

AerialBlast is my YouTube username; i was crazy about FFXI at the time and that's an FFXI reference to a Summoner's ultimate Air-type attack.

let's see...

tht's all.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.21.08 2:23pm

It's quite a long story, so I'll quote myself from another thread.

Lord Darth Naner wrote:
Metroid wrote:Thx again :) , by the way what does Nanner stand for?

Hmm... I've been waiting the day someone asked me this...

It's a long story. I all happened a few years ago playing Need for Speed. My friend and I were creating nicknames to put in the game. Then I had the idea of putting my own name backwards. Hence, I became Naner. About a year later, I got broadband Internet and discovered it. It was that time I met some sites like YouTube and created my first e-mail account, mainly for the MSN messenger. I put a "Brasil" after the Naner to explicit my nationality, becoming NanerBrasil. Then, some time later, I met Star Wars. I was fascinated by the Force, specially by the Dark Side. Then, in a tribute to the Sith Lords of the galaxy, I became Darth Naner, dark lord of the Sith. The additional Lord added later is just for the looks. I still prefer only Darth Naner. I believe the first time I used "Darth Naner" was, coincidentally to this thread, Battlefront I or II.

So yes, my real name is Renan. And Brazil is written with a S in Portuguese.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 05.21.08 2:29pm

Redwing refers to the book I am writing. The main character has red wings, an anomaly and the mark of a warrior, even if he doesn't feel like one. Of course, there are a few more secrets behind this anomaly as well... but you might learn of them once I finish the second draft and it's good enough to show people.

My alternate username (believe it or not, Redwing is often taken) is usually Fallenarms3, referring to the trilogy the book starts. Fallen Arms is a double meaning; the dropping of arms (weapons) in recognition of the foolishness of war, and the cursed (fallen) weapons that come into play.

:P

Oh, and my previous name (DeoWulf) actually is the name of a superhero I made up who is like an anti-werewolf. He transforms into a wolf of light during the day, hangs out in shady bars at night. I get too much flak for "OMG yur like Beowulf that movie sux lol" so I decided to make a dedicated switch to my book.

Return to “%s” General Discussions