Your username

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
Mako Crab

Egg

Re: Your username

Postby Mako Crab » 08.27.14 4:11pm

Mako- taken from Final Fantasy 7. All the materia in the game is made up of condensed mako energy. Therefore, to my thinking, mako energy was inherently the most powerful thing, because it contained the properties to make any type of materia.

Crab- Inspired by my love of crab mechs. First began with the GD-42 Genki Battlemover in "Bubblegum Crisis 7: Double Vision." Continued on throughout various anime, when I began noticing more and more crab-themed characters and mechs. Really kicked into gear with "Beast Wars" and the Predacon named Rampage, that turned into a massive king crab. From there I became interested in all things crabby.

scoutception

Hatchling

Postby scoutception » 09.25.14 9:30pm

I play Scout in TF2 way too much.
13500000000 BCE
The Big Bang creates the universe as we know it. The protons, neutrons, and electrons that will eventually compose Transformers are formed, ruining it forever. A Thursday.

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 11.07.14 9:59am

My username history is enough to write a damn book. A sad book about an unoriginal mind that can do anything but come up with a name. I'll give the shorthand version. You'll find that my identity is mostly centered around my Xbox Live account.

Xbox Live, fall of 2007. Halo 3. My favorite character is 343 Guilty Spark. "Guilty Spark" is taken, but my babysitter who introduced me to Halo, her husband, and her husband's brother, all having Gamertags such as "RealArtemis" and "RealMaximus" as the versions sans the "Real" were taken, I was "RealGuiltySpark."

A few months later, I get Super Paper Mario. Always a huge fan of the series. I was introduced to Dimentio, the most pimp-ass mofo ever. Dimentio is taken by now, of course, so I resort to "Dim3ntio." Unfortunately, many people pronounce it as "Dimmy-three-entio," but not much can be done.

A year later, Halo 3: ODST is announced. The Superintendent, the iconic AI from the game, enamors me. Superintendent is, again, taken, so after much deliberation, I find that "Souperintendent" is a nice choice. Free of arbitrary leetspeak and other such numbers to detract from the authenticity of the name, it remains this for a long time. Reactions vary from genuine enjoyment from the stupid pun to people thinking I'm retarded.

About two and a half years later, I changed it to Symthic. Explaining this is a whole other sad story that I'll only explain should someone want to hear it.

A year after that, I change it to PenitusOculatus, against my will. The Penitus Oculatus are the badass CIA guys from Skyrim, and it's Latin. I love Latin, Penitus Oculatus meaning "Thorough Eye."

Sometime after this, I find a love of the Mandalorians from Star Wars. Their culture, their fleshed-out identity, everything. I'd explain more if I didn't just remember this after I finished everything else and had to go to class soon. I became "T Mandalorian T" for a while, plain "Mandalorian" being taken, and the "T" being the shape of a Mandalorian visor. Looked too weird after a while, though.

June 6, 2014. E3. A bit of an afterthought, but the new Halo had been officially announced a month prior. On the cover, a mysterious new character working for ONI was revealed, but his name unknown. I came up with the clever idea to wait until the character's name was revealed, and then take it as my own, acquiring some prime Xbox Live real estate. I nearly missed it, but in one of the trailers that day, his name was revealed. But because Keith David was hard to understand, no one really knew for sure. "Agent Clark?" "Agent Clock?" "Agent Clarke?" I researched like a madman until I could confirm that it was "Agent Locke." Quickly tried to change the name, but "Agent Locke" was taken by some guy from Germany four years ago during the Modern Warfare 2 boom. So I settled for ONI Agent Locke, which I liked. Not ten minutes later I get a friend request from some brand new Xbox Live account, no doubt someone who had tried to make a new account to claim the Gamertag without paying the $10 fee to change their own. The following couple of months would see "Jameson Locke" and "Agt Locke" and other such individuals messaging me over my Gamertag.

August 2014. I still like my current bit of Halo history, but I feel discontent for a couple of reasons. One, it's not quite as anonymous as I'd like. It's a specific character, and a huge buff black guy at that. I'm a small skinny white guy. Two, it, like all my previous identities, is not very original, if at all. After a renewed interest in Metroid sprung up for me in April, and after seeing the YouTuber "VaatiVidya" have a name both unoriginal and original at the same time, Vaati being the character from LoZ: Four Swords, I tried to find a similar identity.

Ended up looking to Metroid rather than Zelda, of course, and found some affection for the Luminoth. Metroid Prime 2 holds a special place in my heart. The Luminoth are a race that are both wise and powerful, and also have very interesting designs in their anatomy, architecture, culture, and alphabet. This website is the first place I act upon this idea, becoming "Luminoth Prime." Simple "Luminoth" for the anonymity, and "Prime" because it makes it more distinguished and related to Metroid Prime, though I'm unsure of whether or not "Prime" will change to something else. The second advantage to this identity is that, should I wish to further build upon it for my YouTube channel, I've ideas to use the motifs in Luminoth architecture as well as the Luminoth alphabet to make it more pronounced. Problem is, my understanding of Luminoth word construction is very poor, and I've yet to find a good explanation on how to use it. The third is that their culture and wisdom is appealing to me; their creed of "Through vigilance and strength, we create peace," denotes a dedication to diligence and might as a means to achieve peace and wisdom is most honorable.

In the present, I'm still weighing which of these two last identities to become final. Halo: Nightfall, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and Halo 5: Guardians will be the debut of Agent Locke, and from there I'll determine how much I like the character and whether or not to keep my prime Xbox Live real estate, or change to my Prime real estate. Hopefully then I can be at peace.
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Cryptid10

Alpha Metroid

Postby Cryptid10 » 11.07.14 2:18pm

Cryptid because me and my friends had code-names when we were younger, and since I liked supernatural stuff, I went with cryptid and it stuck. 10 because it's my favorite number. :X:
Samau5 - "For Lack of a Federation Platoon"
Featuring tracks such as: "Phazon n' Stuff", "Metroid Problems", "BSL", and more!

Khyron

Gamma Metroid

Postby Khyron » 03.16.15 6:44pm

Mako- taken from Final Fantasy 7. All the materia in the game is made up of condensed mako energy. Therefore, to my thinking, mako energy was inherently the most powerful thing, because it contained the properties to make any type of materia.

Crab- Inspired by my love of crab mechs. First began with the GD-42 Genki Battlemover in "Bubblegum Crisis 7: Double Vision." Continued on throughout various anime, when I began noticing more and more crab-themed characters and mechs. Really kicked into gear with "Beast Wars" and the Predacon named Rampage, that turned into a massive king crab. From there I became interested in all things crabby.
Mako Crab, Any FFVII reference is a good one! Since you're into crabs, did you ever play Secret Of Mana? There are several different crab enemies in that game, including a mechanical one. Let me see if I can dig up an image and attach it to this post.

** Regrettably, the only images I can find are super small ones in some of the on line beastiaries.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 05.29.15 11:39am

Uh, well lets see here...

Gandalf - G (which = andalf) + X = andalfX. ...wait a second...

DJ Majette

Mochtroid

Postby DJ Majette » 06.01.15 11:04am

Its my DJ name, which is my last name Image

MerlinDrazziw

Hatchling

Postby MerlinDrazziw » 06.02.15 7:42am

I've used this nickname online for a long time. Used other nicknames when I first got online and started playing Quake TF. Used Merlin most of the times when I guest played at a clan called Knights of Camelot and decided to stick with it. Netscape 4.x was out at that time with AIM integrated, when registering with AIM I had to add something to Merlin. That was the time I started using MerlinDrazziw (wizard backwards with an extra z).
Still use Merlin to sign posts/mails/etc., but use the longer nickname most of the time to register with when needed.
Grt. Merlin

Return to “%s” General Discussions