Other M Q&A

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
Jesse D

Former Staff - Lead Engineer

Other M Q&A

Postby Jesse D » 08.27.10 1:16pm

As you you may have already read from our news feed, our very own CapCom has played Other M to completion and written for us a spoiler-free review.

We would like for this thread to be used if you have any questions you'd like to have answered by somebody who has played Other M from start to finish.

Please bear in mind that we cannot divulge details about the game's story, items, revelations, etc from beyond the first two hours. Also bear in mind that this thread MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS so please read at your own risk!
-Jesse DImage

Satch

Kraid

Re: Other M Q&A

Postby Satch » 08.27.10 1:26pm

I'm not sure if this coincides with the "only first two hours rule" or not, but it's nothing plot or game mechanic related. Just ignore it if it can't be answered.

If Cap has tried going through a second time, is it possible to skip the longer cutscenes that don't have a quicktime event attached to the end?
Image Image
IF ADAM WANTS A GIRL TO ****ING DANCE, HE SHOULD JUST GO TO A STRIP CLUB. ~Doc Scratch

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 08.27.10 2:04pm

Is the ending time based, collection based, or fixed? Also, like in all the other games are there multiple endings?
Samus - She's the only woman I'll ever love.

Xemnas89

Metroid

Postby Xemnas89 » 08.27.10 2:23pm

Satch wrote:I'm not sure if this coincides with the "only first two hours rule" or not, but it's nothing plot or game mechanic related. Just ignore it if it can't be answered.

If Cap has tried going through a second time, is it possible to skip the longer cutscenes that don't have a quicktime event attached to the end?

One of the reviewers that posts at neogaf confirmed cutscenes can be skipped after the first playthrough.

Mushroom Hopper

Zeta Metroid

Postby Mushroom Hopper » 08.27.10 2:27pm

Is your final clear time processed like the other Metroid games, where all of your deaths are negated as counting as playtime, and where you are not on the clock during cutscenes, loading times, map studying, reading scan data, etc?

Also, how would you rate the level design? There hasn't been much comment on it in reviews, other than one that said it was mediocre.

nhg92

Zeta Metroid

Postby nhg92 » 08.27.10 2:39pm

Have you tried playing the game in Spanish? Do the voice actors have Spaniard accent, or is it neutral?
Image Image

ark

Metroid

Postby ark » 08.27.10 2:56pm

Are there any unlockables beside the thearte mode?

MegaByte

Egg

Postby MegaByte » 08.27.10 3:15pm

This is sure to infuriate some people:

The game disc itself contains English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, and Italian subtitles, and English and Japanese voice.
However, language options are region-locked, so for instance, in the US version, you can only choose English, French, and Spanish subtitles, and English voice.

nhg92

Zeta Metroid

Postby nhg92 » 08.27.10 3:18pm

my question is not valid anymore :(
Image Image

Balkoth

Omega Metroid

Postby Balkoth » 08.27.10 4:01pm

Replay value?

Any visible potential for sequence breaking yet? (I love sequence breaks if they aren't too easy. Shame on Retro Studios for fixing many in Prime rereleases.)

Art galleries? If so, how many pics?
When somebody tells me he doesn't believe in violence, I punch him in the face to inform him of its existence.

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 08.27.10 4:05pm

gametrailers revealed art galleries in their review vid
Samus - She's the only woman I'll ever love.

Justin_Bailey

Alpha Metroid

Postby Justin_Bailey » 08.27.10 4:25pm

MegaByte wrote:This is sure to infuriate some people:

The game disc itself contains English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, and Italian subtitles, and English and Japanese voice.
However, language options are region-locked, so for instance, in the US version, you can only choose English, French, and Spanish subtitles, and English voice.

Couldn't you just switch the console's region settings to Japan, then? I don't know any Wii games where this has worked, but on SSBM it changed some of the region-specific features, such as trophies, to their Japanese counterparts.
Justin Bailley
------ ------

smallville boy

Alpha Metroid

Postby smallville boy » 08.27.10 4:46pm

Capcom:
Awesomeness scale: 85% - respectable, but not mind-blowing.

Pros

Third-person controls smooth
Great Exploration
Excellent atmosphere
Surprises and fan service
Cons

Plot is a little hokey
Over-the-shoulder is clunky
Some frustrating battles
Constrained, linear gameplay

Thanks for this review capcom, I think I will cancel my pre-ordered copy and rent this game for a weekend :)
Nobody can live without company, the pain of the isolation, she is the only one that has been able to live with it.

Justin_Bailey

Alpha Metroid

Postby Justin_Bailey » 08.27.10 5:02pm

smallville boy wrote:
Capcom:
Awesomeness scale: 85% - respectable, but not mind-blowing.

Pros

Third-person controls smooth
Great Exploration
Excellent atmosphere
Surprises and fan service
Cons

Plot is a little hokey
Over-the-shoulder is clunky
Some frustrating battles
Constrained, linear gameplay

Thanks for this review capcom, I think I will cancel my pre-ordered copy and rent this game for a weekend :)

Don't act like the reviews coming for this game influenced your decision to cancel your preorder copy. If you can still cancel in light of the fact that it currently has an 80% Metacritic rating with 11 positive reviews only 4 mixed ones, then your mind was already made up long ago.
Justin Bailley
------ ------

smallville boy

Alpha Metroid

Postby smallville boy » 08.27.10 5:14pm

Justin_Bailey wrote:Don't act like the reviews coming for this game influenced your decision to cancel your preorder copy. If you can still cancel in light of the fact that it currently has an 80% Metacritic rating with 11 positive reviews only 4 mixed ones, then your mind was already made up long ago.

I think that a 80% metacritic rating game don't worth $69 dlls,it isn't a bad game but it is a game that you should rent for a weekend.
Nobody can live without company, the pain of the isolation, she is the only one that has been able to live with it.

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M