Other M Q&A

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Re: Other M Q&A

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.28.12 3:52pm

Yeah, that's his diamond in the rough.

The rest of the 99% of his theories were about being raped, Adam being in control of EVERYTHING, even the Space Pirates, etc.

So one tiny average idea in a sea of shit isn't much.
Now I'm imagining Adam walking out of the shadows and giving Ridley a suitcase full of money.
That's actually pretty spot on.
Doesn't compare to Gorea being the source of all Phazon, though, which was one of the things during the IUniverse years.
I think the Gorea thing is actually less awful. It's just one of those stupid fan theories that get posted all the time. KB went ALL OUT in sheer stupidity.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.03.14 12:48am

I read the last 2 pages as well as viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4508&start=60 and uh... What did I just walk into?

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 09.16.14 6:49pm

I read the last 2 pages as well as viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4508&start=60 and uh... What did I just walk into?
A thread that's been dead for 2 years and the musings of King Broly. Post Other M he'd constantly write about how the game needed to be retconned because it didn't fit his warped vision of the Metroid story but fit Sakamoto's warped vision of it instead. Overall he was a nuisance, though he was almost kind of entertaining to have around.
But not really.
Hello.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.16.14 9:30pm

Think of it as highly descriptive fanfiction.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 09.16.14 10:11pm

That's almost an insult to fanfiction.

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.17.14 12:46am

Ah, shall I track King Broly down and revive him?

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 09.17.14 2:21am

I'd prefer you didn't, and I can't think of anyone else here who'd disagree.

Tim

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Tim » 09.17.14 10:17am

He's on tumblr. I've seen his posts in some of the tags on rare occasion. Did you know he likes Pokemon X/Y, but Black 2/White 2 didn't hold his attention. It's pretty riveting stuff.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 09.17.14 10:27am

To be fair, I can understand that. INCOMING TANGENT: I grew bored of Pokemon long ago but many of the changes made to X & Y have greatly intrigued me. Seems like GameFreak have fixed many of the things I so disliked over the years. Of course, I have no idea what the consensus on Generation 5 is as I don't follow the community, but I see it as an overall positive move in the right direction. Once Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire drop I can pry X away from my younger brother and finally give it a proper shot. Still likely wont hold my attention for long but I expect I'll enjoy it a good deal more than most of its predecessors.

Also, we should probably lock this thread. Seems as though it's long since served its purpose: Other M remains a divisive game and King Broly - much like his name sake - is genuinely crazy.

Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Postby Will Keaton » 02.03.16 5:22pm

On our Translated Gallery for Other M, specifically on page 5, we have a scan that is labeled as "Battle Rifle" and a scan labeled ass "Assault rifle.'' Except they're both images of the same gun, one just has a grenade launcher attached. Were the titles for the scans thought up by the people who translated the scans? Because I don't think the scans are actually labeled in the game itself and while the assault rifle is referred to as an assault rifle in the text the battle rifle is not named in the accompanying text.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M