Sector 3 Glitch? What should I do?

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
glassjaw0814

Egg

Sector 3 Glitch? What should I do?

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.01.10 7:32pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hi!

Has anyone else run into an issue in Sector 3 East? I'm in the lava area after taking an elevator down from the sand area. There are 3 Grapple points and a door on the other side. If you grapple over to this door, you CANNOT grapple back out. On ever guide I've checked, this door is supposed to be green allowing you to enter. The door on my game is red. There are no terminals to scan, nothing to bomb or missile. I searched on some other forums and see that some other people are having this issue. Do I have to start all over?

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Re: Sector 3 Glitch? What should I do?

Postby Plas Durock » 09.01.10 7:40pm

I don't know, I ran into grapple glitches too, but the glitches threw me into lava instead of having me land on the platform, forcing me to restart... fromt he save room.

It might help if you say where you are on the map. Sector 3 is littered with grapple points.
Samus - She's the only woman I'll ever love.

SuperGamecube64

Metroid

Postby SuperGamecube64 » 09.01.10 7:45pm

Shouldn't this be under gameplay discussion?

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.01.10 7:50pm

I just defeated the "Tusk Monster" (the thing that shoots what appear to be Seeker Missiles at you). I took the elevator down to the area with the 3 grapple points. There's a missile expansion below them that you can't get to. According to the walkthrough, I'm just a few more rooms before entering the Geothermal Power Plant.

On the video walkthrough I watched, the door was green, and the player didn't have to scan anything or activate a terminal. The problem is once you grapple over to this area with the door, you can't grapple back out - there's a wall blocking the grapple point. Because the door is locked, I'm effectively stuck there. I restarted from my last save and had the same problem. I certainly don't want to restart the whole game.

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.01.10 7:51pm

Shouldn't this be under gameplay discussion?
I didn't want to go through there for fear of spoiling the entire game. I'm only about 5 or 6 hours in.

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 09.01.10 8:15pm

Oh I know where you are then.. Yeah that door is supposed to be green. Does it stay red if you restart from the save room?

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.01.10 8:17pm

Oh I know where you are then.. Yeah that door is supposed to be green. Does it stay red if you restart from the save room?
Yes. I powered off, removed the disk, checked for another Wii update, heh. Short of casting some type of spell, I've tried everything. I don't want to restart the whole game only to have it happen again.

ddddd

Gamma Metroid

Postby ddddd » 09.01.10 8:25pm

Not much of a help, but you may have to contact nintendo for these kind of glitches...

TOV88

Mochtroid

Postby TOV88 » 09.01.10 8:28pm

I have the exact same problem. I definitely don't want to start over since I spent over 7 hours getting to this point. I'll do some backtracking and find out this weekend.

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 09.01.10 8:42pm

I just checked the area myself.. yeah I don't know what's wrong :( try exploring sector 3 for a while maybe you'll find an alternate route :(

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.01.10 8:52pm

I just checked the area myself.. yeah I don't know what's wrong :( try exploring sector 3 for a while maybe you'll find an alternate route :(
Just tried backtracking, and you can't get past a few rooms behind where this area is due to invisible walls. So, there's officially nowhere for me to go. :-?

edit: On the phone with NOA right now - basically, I have to ship the disc to them so they can test it. This can take up to 3 weeks. :(

TOV88

Mochtroid

Postby TOV88 » 09.01.10 9:52pm

Just tried backtracking, and you can't get past a few rooms behind where this area is due to invisible walls. So, there's officially nowhere for me to go. :-?

edit: On the phone with NOA right now - basically, I have to ship the disc to them so they can test it. This can take up to 3 weeks. :(
I did the same thing you did, and it seems there's no way out of this problem. I tried other tricks too, like saving like crazy and trying to make the game load levels. Sounds stupid, but at this point I'm trying whatever seems doable, in order not to lose those 7 hours I put in this game.

If you decide to ship the disc, good luck with that. Thanks for letting us know about your talk with NOA. Let's hope that something is done about this glitch because a lot of people are having this problem. I won't be surprised if it becomes publicized news.

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.01.10 10:18pm

I did the same thing you did, and it seems there's no way out of this problem. I tried other tricks too, like saving like crazy and trying to make the game load levels. Sounds stupid, but at this point I'm trying whatever seems doable, in order not to lose those 7 hours I put in this game.

If you decide to ship the disc, good luck with that. Thanks for letting us know about your talk with NOA. Let's hope that something is done about this glitch because a lot of people are having this problem. I won't be surprised if it becomes publicized news.
Yeah, I've seen it on the Gamespot forum as well. I still have my receipt from Wal-Mart, I'm going to exchange the disc tonight to see if that makes a difference.

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.02.10 12:49am

Updated with some other sites where people are having this issue.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... r-M-glitch

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960554-m ... m/56172858

....annnnnd a video playthrough which shows the area at around the 3:00 minute mark - http://www.gamerfuzion.com/LaserBolt/vi ... h-part-37/

I will let you all know whether replacing the disc tonight makes any difference.

edit: someone on the GameFAQS forum started over from the beginning with a new file and the door worked normally.

edit numero dos: The new disc I got from WalMart made no difference, so I'm restarting the game again tomorrow.

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.02.10 11:52pm

Alright, last update from me on this.

I started a new file today, and lo and behold, the door was a beautiful green. So, if you run into this glitch, it looks like you'll be starting over, I'm afraid.

I have more missiles and Accel Charges than I did last time, so win for me anyways. Maybe the glitch happens when you have a certain amount of items once you reach this spot, I'm not sure. Once I finish the game, I may still send it in to Nintendo so they can figure it out, and hopefully find a way to fix it for everyone.

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M