Sector 3 Glitch? What should I do?

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
Samethard

Zeta Metroid

Re: Sector 3 Glitch? What should I do?

Postby Samethard » 09.27.10 9:50pm

By the time you you got your SD card back, you could have finished the game twice so that's quite a fail actually :thumbsdown: .
Only twice? The game can be completed in just over 4 hours and that bug takes place halfway through. Waste 2-3 hours playing back to that point or 2 weeks waiting for an SD card? Some solution!

sirboulevard

Gamma Metroid

Postby sirboulevard » 09.27.10 9:55pm

By the time you you got your SD card back, you could have finished the game twice so that's quite a fail actually :thumbsdown: .
Only twice? The game can be completed in just over 4 hours and that bug takes place halfway through. Waste 2-3 hours playing back to that point or 2 weeks waiting for an SD card? Some solution!
Likely, later releases will have resolved it.
What are you talking about, Mother Brain is such a MBILF. I tapped that before it was a cute asian girl.
Adam: The cake is only a lie because I did not authorize it.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 09.27.10 10:22pm

Good, now I don't have to upload a save. (Or ok, maybe someone who gets the save could e-mail us a copy and we could stick it up on the site for people who don't want to wait a week to get it from the big N). Not that anyone sent us a save file anyway... (and no, I don't have the two hours it takes to play through the game to get to that point)
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Arrow

Alpha Metroid

Postby Arrow » 09.28.10 5:24pm

According to Nintendo, the glitch isn't caused by backtracking after beating Rhedogian the first time. It's caused by backtracking way before that, at the moment you get the Ice Beam. If you get the Ice Beam, beat the enemies in that room, go into the next hallway leading north, beat the enemies in there so that the door in that room opens, and then go back to the Ice Beam room, the glitch kicks in. If you go through the newly open door in the second room BEFORE going back to the Ice Beam room (or just never go back to the Ice Beam room at all, though you'll miss an Accel Charge if you do that), you'll never encounter the glitch.

EDIT: Why in the world did I not assume that this site's front page wouldn't already have this info? lol, I'm so slow. Or maybe it's because I don't visit the front page as often as I should.

barlitone

Alpha Metroid

Postby barlitone » 09.28.10 5:48pm

According to Nintendo, the glitch isn't caused by backtracking after beating Rhedogian the first time. It's caused by backtracking way before that, at the moment you get the Ice Beam. If you get the Ice Beam, beat the enemies in that room, go into the next hallway leading north, beat the enemies in there so that the door in that room opens, and then go back to the Ice Beam room, the glitch kicks in. If you go through the newly open door in the second room BEFORE going back to the Ice Beam room (or just never go back to the Ice Beam room at all, though you'll miss an Accel Charge if you do that), you'll never encounter the glitch.
You can get that Accel Charge without returning to the room if you get it before leaving the room.

Arrow

Alpha Metroid

Postby Arrow » 09.29.10 9:43pm

You can get that Accel Charge without returning to the room if you get it before leaving the room.
Well of course, but I wasn't paying that much attention my first time through that room, so I missed it. :P

Metroid Huntress

Anonymous

Postby Metroid Huntress » 02.03.11 10:52am

Go to Metroid.com, and go to the bottom of the screen and click. :metroid:

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.16.11 1:10pm

You wanna know about a REAL Sector 3 glitch?

I was going to face a Goyagma, and get my Varia suit, when, but at the part with the Zebesians, I jumped, and the screen just randomly turns black, and I was under the place, because it wasn't loaded.

I was dying of heat, and I stepped in the magma. I couldn't see a thing, the screen was black, all I saw was Samus and the HUD.

stepping in the magma, to level lifting or anything, and the gravity/jumping never changed, like I wasn't even in the magma.

THAT is a REAL glitch. I'm sure there is a way to get past it. Because all the times I've went through there....wait, we're talking about the Refinery? before you get asked to go to the Geothermal powerplant, and kill ridley? Ridley's moves to one hit kill, if your on hard. and I beat him within 1:15.

anyways, yeah, thats a glitch.

1upD

Omega Metroid

Postby 1upD » 08.16.11 2:43pm

You wanna know about a REAL Sector 3 glitch?

I was going to face a Goyagma, and get my Varia suit, when, but at the part with the Zebesians, I jumped, and the screen just randomly turns black, and I was under the place, because it wasn't loaded.

I was dying of heat, and I stepped in the magma. I couldn't see a thing, the screen was black, all I saw was Samus and the HUD.

stepping in the magma, to level lifting or anything, and the gravity/jumping never changed, like I wasn't even in the magma.

THAT is a REAL glitch. I'm sure there is a way to get past it. Because all the times I've went through there....wait, we're talking about the Refinery? before you get asked to go to the Geothermal powerplant, and kill ridley? Ridley's moves to one hit kill, if your on hard. and I beat him within 1:15.

anyways, yeah, thats a glitch.
That glitch isn't game breaking, though, right? It never saved. The serious Sector 3 glitch ruined people's save files.

DarkSammy313

Hatchling

Postby DarkSammy313 » 04.29.12 7:42pm

It happens in the begging of the game,on YouTube some guy said when you meet the sidehppers in the long corridor when you first go to Sector 3,DO NOT SAVE after you get the ice beam and kill all the sidehoppers. If you did,you could bring the Wii to a game fixxing place or restart the game.
Phazon,you can run from it,but you can't hide from it.

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M