Metroid: Other M Glitches

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Metroid: Other M Glitches

Postby CapCom » 09.01.10 10:19pm

Post any glitches to the game you've found here. So far, we have...

A reportedly game-breaking glitch in Sector 3 (after defeating the scorpion monster, getting stuck past a grapple point and being faced with a red door).

A potential item-collection glitch.

And I also discovered you can do an infinite spin-jump into the corpses of the giant tree-spider mini-bosses (and likely other large enemies as well!). This one's pretty fun and non-harmful.

Lastly, not a glitch, but a little annoying: if you move too quickly through some areas, the game will hang and give you a now-loading sign. I've not heard of the game crashing when this happens, and no idea if it affects your time.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Metroid: Other M Glitches

Postby Infinity's End » 09.01.10 11:17pm

Lastly, not a glitch, but a little annoying: if you move too quickly through some areas, the game will hang and give you a now-loading sign. I've not heard of the game crashing when this happens, and no idea if it affects your time.
This happened to me once. I freaked out and thought my game froze but it eventually caught up.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 09.01.10 11:25pm

It always shows "Now Loading..." whenever I first enter the warehouse in Sector 2. It also has a tendency to show it if you skip the cutscenes during subsequent playthroughs.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 09.01.10 11:35pm

Invincible dancing enemy in hard mode in sector 2. the things that go electric, shoot purple balls and have tentacles on their shoulders I spent ten minutes fighting it because my beams kept bouncing off and my missiles kept going right through it (or it kept dodging) kept dodging, when my missiles did hit nothing happened, even when it didn't have an aura.

the area just before you discover the sheegoth thing that was eaten by a Metroid. the room with the ice platforms and water.

Also all kinds of slow loading and freezing on the second playthrough. Manual Lock on issues too O.o

I've even had Samus do the sense move AFTER being hit by an attack.
Last edited by Plas Durock on 09.01.10 11:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samus - She's the only woman I'll ever love.

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 09.01.10 11:46pm

If you can manage to lure those electric dancers into the water, they go poof... :awesome:
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 09.01.10 11:51pm

Yes I know, but all he did was go from side to side at the very edge :P

grampabird

Metroid

Postby grampabird » 09.02.10 4:08am

>.< AHHHH I have the game breaking sector 3 glitch!!! what exactly does this mean for me? Is there anyway around this or do I need to start over?

SpareChange

Zeta Metroid

Postby SpareChange » 09.02.10 6:41am

Glad I read this so I can keep away from it or bypass it or something.
Wii U S/N: SpareChnge

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 09.02.10 8:54am

We still don't know anything about how it's activated or what it actually does. Basically, if you get stuck after going across the grapple beam pit, then you've got this glitch.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

glassjaw0814

Egg

Postby glassjaw0814 » 09.02.10 4:06pm

>.< AHHHH I have the game breaking sector 3 glitch!!! what exactly does this mean for me? Is there anyway around this or do I need to start over?
I've seen a number of users over on the GameFAQS forums started over and this fixed the problem. I'm going to be doing this today and hope the issue disappears.

Descardion

Anonymous

Postby Descardion » 09.02.10 9:34pm

I think we were all sold defective copies of the game with glitched plots, and that the real awesome game is hidden somewhere in the code. Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm only half kidding. But on a serious note, I haven't found any glitches yet. If I see something interesting, you guys'll be the first to know.

Satch

Kraid

Postby Satch » 09.02.10 9:35pm

I think we were all sold defective copies of the game with glitched plots, and that the real awesome game is hidden somewhere in the code. Anyone know how to fix this?
You always make me laugh.

lmfao
Image Image
IF ADAM WANTS A GIRL TO ****ING DANCE, HE SHOULD JUST GO TO A STRIP CLUB. ~Doc Scratch

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 09.02.10 9:41pm

Damn I must have some really bad luck on hard mode with invincibility. >_> The Metroids seemed like were invincible for a little bit, that or they are able to dodge diffusion beam shots. I'd love it if somebody else ran into the problems so they could be confirmed >.>

Edit: Haha, I found a harmless glitch, only works on subsequent playthroughs. Anyway It sometimes happens if you skip a cutscene before a boss or midboss.

Sometimes the music for the battle won't play and instead the ambient music from the cutscene, or the area will continue playing. This happens in the original metroid prime when fight Metroid Prime's final form, if you skip the cutscene.

Also it seems like paraxade is already breaking the game and doing sequence breaks. cool.

mental

Ridley

Postby mental » 09.03.10 5:54pm

Please use the edit button rather than double-posting.
"The world will always be more delicious than it is useful." - Robert Capon

Plas Durock

Omega Metroid

Postby Plas Durock » 09.03.10 11:24pm

Okay, sorry mental :(

Anyway I just noticed something

I restarted right? well I skipped cutscenes and fought the first boss, then saved. None of this took more than 5-10 minutes for me. So once I saved after fighting the boss, I quit, I tested this twice. Even if you skip cutscenes they add on to your time. Right now My game time says 22 minutes. But I was watching my computer clock the entire time I played.

I wonder why they made cutscenes count towards your time, even if they're skipped?

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M