Samus is Fugly... [but looks good in Other M]

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
mehe

Gamma Metroid

Samus is Fugly... [but looks good in Other M]

Postby mehe » 09.14.10 2:11am

In other games don't you think?
In this game she's astonishing and pretty hot to look at(Her face-all incarnations of her body are hot).

I mean let's compare...

And then we have....

Very nice...

Not about gameplay or anything but at least it hasn't been touched on yet...right?
"As your commander I forbid wearing anything but the Zero Suit in this next Sector. You must also wear a blindfold and crawl on all fours until I authorize bipedal movement."

Zeroº

Ridley

Re: Samus is Fugly...

Postby Zeroº » 09.14.10 2:33am

The way this topic was titled just reeks of riling people up before they even look into it. Tsk, tsk... :choogle:

I liked her look in Prime, even though she looked like she was in her late 20s/early 30s, when she supposedly should have been much younger.

Her look in Prime 2 & 3 looked like someone trying to take a cartoon and translate it into some quasi-realistic, quasi-cartoonish 3D form. It's like several people were trying to edit the same figure at their own whims, and nobody looked at the final product until after the game was released. It just didn't work...

The Hunters look, I have no problems with.

That last one, it's from Smash Bros. Brawl, right? She looks like a female version of Twilight Princess' Link... Not bad, just weird... She also reminds me someone else, but I just can't put my finger on it...

Other M really managed to nail the look, though. I have few, if any, qualms with her appearance in Other M.

Also, the way her hair is in Prime 2 & 3 and Brawl is just so... so... augh. >_<
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

SpareChange

Zeta Metroid

Postby SpareChange » 09.14.10 2:37am

Whats the pic from below Prime 3?
Wii U S/N: SpareChnge

Mewtwo

Omega Metroid

Postby Mewtwo » 09.14.10 2:41am

I really quite like her look from Corruption/Brawl, because its not really as traditionally beautiful, she has a more masculine look to her face. On the other hand though, I really like her in Other M ( especially in that last scene!) She's a lot more feminine, but really pretty. Hence why I based my zero suit makeup on hers xP

Her other looks aren't strictly ugly, but I'm pretty apathetic towards them.

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 09.14.10 2:58am

Uh. Is that my Avatar? XD

Anyways, I like the many looks of Samus, but Young Samus is definitely my favorite, along with Pre-Credits Other M Samus (In my Avatar). I don't really mind her other looks either.

sirboulevard

Gamma Metroid

Postby sirboulevard » 09.14.10 3:31am

I definetly like the new look and I have only heard complaints about the Zero Suit really as far as her appearance goes. Honestly, Samus is definetly found the style to stay. I actually looked at it and its very much Zero Mission meets Fusion Samus appearances so they did a good job. This model better be reused in later Metroids.
What are you talking about, Mother Brain is such a MBILF. I tapped that before it was a cute asian girl.
Adam: The cake is only a lie because I did not authorize it.

Ech0ez

Gamma Metroid

Postby Ech0ez » 09.14.10 3:33am

The Echoes and Hunters versions looke terrible, although the others look good even if she seems to be slowly transforming into a doll. Actually now that I say that looking at the designs it looks like she gets younger with every game.
Whats the pic from below Prime 3?
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Rayman (Even if technically speaking the Rabbis are practically their own franchise now)
I didn't know Rayman was Jewish.

Mewtwo

Omega Metroid

Postby Mewtwo » 09.14.10 3:47am

Here have a big photo! *drools*

Yummy Samus!

bottler0cket

Metroid

Postby bottler0cket » 09.14.10 7:16am

I love what she's wearing at the end of the game so much. It's really nice to see her in some actual clothes haha.

mental

Ridley

Postby mental » 09.14.10 8:52am

Hmm, the only ones that really bug me are Prime 2 and Prime 3; the original Prime is even something like my ideal vision. But I'm pretty happy with the job they did in Other M, as far as her face goes.
I love what she's wearing at the end of the game so much. It's really nice to see her in some actual clothes haha.
Me too. It's not a bad outfit.
"The world will always be more delicious than it is useful." - Robert Capon

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 09.14.10 9:03am

The ones in Prime, Hunters, and Brawl all look good. Actually, so too does this Melee tropy:

It's interesting - looks almost like a 1950s hairstyle, or maybe like a doll.

Other M is the best though. Kind of funny how Sakamoto said that Samus had a beauty mark (albeit in jest) back in 1994!

I will say though that Prime 3 seems to get across the 'emotionless Samus'.

Then, of course, we have this.
The way this topic was titled just reeks of riling people up before they even look into it.
Agreed. I didn't want to open this thread, expecting another rant about Samus' mole. Topic title has been altered.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Xscapist

Alpha Metroid

Postby Xscapist » 09.14.10 10:20am

Then, of course, we have this.
That purple-haired version of Samus in that Nintendo Power comic was my introduction to the character...my brother and I started playing Super Metroid not long after that.
"Isn't that the whole point of playing a game? To feel empowered?" - AVGN

Phazon Ridley

Gamma Metroid

Postby Phazon Ridley » 09.14.10 10:21am

the original Prime is even something like my ideal vision.
omg samezies
Who would expect Metroid: Other M to borrow concepts from Super Princess Peach?

sirboulevard

Gamma Metroid

Re: Samus is Fugly... [but looks good in Other M]

Postby sirboulevard » 09.14.10 10:57am

Her face is really expressive though in this game and it never really was before.
I mean check out this pic from
when samus found about the queen metroid

How can that read anything but "REALLY? REALLY GUYS?" Samus eye roll for the win~
What are you talking about, Mother Brain is such a MBILF. I tapped that before it was a cute asian girl.
Adam: The cake is only a lie because I did not authorize it.

mental

Ridley

Re: Samus is Fugly... [but looks good in Other M]

Postby mental » 09.14.10 12:03pm

Her face is really expressive though in this game and it never really was before.
I loved the facial animations in Other M in general.
"The world will always be more delicious than it is useful." - Robert Capon

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M