Metroid: Other M Art Gallery Translation Thread *Spoilers*

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
YamI

Metroid Queen

Re: Metroid: Other M Art Gallery Translation Thread *Spoiler

Postby YamI » 08.25.11 5:31pm

The Artwork I'd have to say was great, but not as good as the game itself, but the Artwork ALMOST reaches that mark. Also.
I loved the Other M artwork.
:facepalm:

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 08.25.11 5:37pm

The Artwork I'd have to say was great, but not as good as the game itself, but the Artwork ALMOST reaches that mark. Also.
I can have my opinion too. I always love it when a game has a gallery of some sort to look at.

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 08.25.11 5:48pm

I think he means the Gallery that we see is not be entirely genuine. Usually with concept or promotional art you get what was done in Prime, with each individual piece on its' own page. Not to mention that there are several story points in the Concept Gallery that don't make it into Other M or are done extremely poorly.
No man, that's not what I meant at all. Here's what I meant to say: 1) I think it's funny how a serious game has goofy concept art, and 2) Of course they drew more than 96 pictures over the course of developing the game.
I think, AT MINIMUM, the game gets a re-write in terms of dialog and some things are re-worded to remove some of the burden a Metroid 5 would have to do in order to right some kind of ship here, so you don't have to get insane in terms of explanations.
Bombs and Missiles namely, shortening some dialog, re-writing one-liners to not sound cute and clever, etc.
I don't know what you're trying to say here.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.25.11 5:51pm

I can have my opinion too. I always love it when a game has a gallery of some sort to look at.
That started at the Prime series, I don't know about any other Game but Prime series, it started.

Also I was facepalming the fact that it was.....nevermind.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 08.25.11 11:20pm

ok, then. moving on.

The other m artwork certainly looks like concept sheets to Metroid: the Anime.

Which, lol, Other M kind of is.

I would have liked to see more of a Prime-esque gallery along with what we got, but I guess Retro just did things differently. It's nice to learn some cool things from the concept art that we would have never known otherwise. I mean, inconsequential stuff, like mating rituals of the enemies, but cool stuff nonetheless.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

KingBroly

Ridley

Postby KingBroly » 08.26.11 1:12am

I think he means the Gallery that we see is not be entirely genuine. Usually with concept or promotional art you get what was done in Prime, with each individual piece on its' own page. Not to mention that there are several story points in the Concept Gallery that don't make it into Other M or are done extremely poorly.
No man, that's not what I meant at all. Here's what I meant to say: 1) I think it's funny how a serious game has goofy concept art, and 2) Of course they drew more than 96 pictures over the course of developing the game.
I think, AT MINIMUM, the game gets a re-write in terms of dialog and some things are re-worded to remove some of the burden a Metroid 5 would have to do in order to right some kind of ship here, so you don't have to get insane in terms of explanations.
Bombs and Missiles namely, shortening some dialog, re-writing one-liners to not sound cute and clever, etc.
I don't know what you're trying to say here.
I was talking about what Chris was saying, not you.

If the arc isn't dropped, some things in Other M are going to have to be cleaned up to make them more believable, less convoluted and easier to explain.
Even the strongest of people can have their faith broken. Mine has.

Chris

Kraid

Postby Chris » 08.26.11 3:37am

ok, then. moving on.

The other m artwork certainly looks like concept sheets to Metroid: the Anime.

Which, lol, Other M kind of is.

I would have liked to see more of a Prime-esque gallery along with what we got, but I guess Retro just did things differently. It's nice to learn some cool things from the concept art that we would have never known otherwise. I mean, inconsequential stuff, like mating rituals of the enemies, but cool stuff nonetheless.
They probably do have similar stuff to what Retro did, that's what I mean by the art we get in game maybe fabricated to some extent.

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.26.11 10:15am

Well, you know, they did exclude the promotional art for the game.

Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Postby Will Keaton » 10.14.16 3:30pm

I have a minor issue withe a couple scans. On page 5 we have a scan that is labeled as "Battle Rifle" and a scan labeled as "Assault rifle.'' Except they're both images of the same gun, one just has a grenade launcher attached. Were the titles for the scans thought up by the people who translated the scans? Because I don't think the scans are actually labeled in the game itself and while the assault rifle is referred to as an assault rifle in the text, the battle rifle is not named in the accompanying text. I think we should change the "Battle rifle" to say "Assault rifle" and "Assault rifle" to say "Assault rifle with grenade launcher attached." Also, I think the machine gun is actually a submachine gun.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

sith

Alpha Metroid

Postby sith » 11.02.16 8:22pm

I wish we got lore on Kraid, Ridley, and Mother Brain the way we did on Phantoon and the Wrecked Ship.

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M