Other M Max Factory/Figma figures Thread

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
fs_feedback

Gamma Metroid

Re: Other M Max Factory/Figma figures Thread

Postby fs_feedback » 02.07.16 4:01pm

I agree with you on the whole "anything can change". Figma Snake's proto looked a lot like Snake from MGS2 in the gray proto, but when he was released he ended up looking more like Brawl's version of snake. Brawl's version of snake was basically MGS3's Snake (Big Boss) on the MGS 2 body. Also the proto seemed univerasally loved, but when it was released people were disapointed. The same kind of think happened for Indian Jones too. I am kind of hoping the opposite is true here, but most seem to like the ZSS figma so far.

The Metroid Prime 3 suit is also awesome. I am no the biggest fan of Prime2/3 designs, but it does give me hope we may see an awesome figure of the basic Power Suit one day.
Mission 1: Apothem's Cookie Quest
Rank A
Cookies :cookie: x 7

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 02.07.16 10:53pm

The Metroid Prime 3 suit is also awesome. I am no the biggest fan of Prime2/3 designs, but it does give me hope we may see an awesome figure of the basic Power Suit one day.
For Power Suit, I'd want to go with the MZM version.

I'd be up for a Fusion suit sculpt at some point. Action-figure wise, it would pose a lot of the same problems as human figures since it's more seamless than the Varia, but that could work too. I just don't see it happening anytime soon because the game is 13+ years old and isn't enough of a standout to be considered a classic.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

fs_feedback

Gamma Metroid

Postby fs_feedback » 02.08.16 5:32am

For Power Suit, I'd want to go with the MZM version.

I'd be up for a Fusion suit sculpt at some point. Action-figure wise, it would pose a lot of the same problems as human figures since it's more seamless than the Varia, but that could work too. I just don't see it happening anytime soon because the game is 13+ years old and isn't enough of a standout to be considered a classic.
Yeah the MZM suit is pretty good. I would personally love the Power Suit from the Metroid II RoS or Super Metroid. The shoulder design on those two versions are awesome imo. I have never really had an issue with the joints on human figures to be honest. I guess I am just happy articulation has come such a long way.

These pics also show the road that some Figmas go through when it comes to face sculpts and such.

First up is the reveal of the MGS2 Solid Snake Figma.

The cheek bones seem uber pronounced, the areas on the left and right between the mouth and chin seems droopy and the eyes are blacked out pretty much. A fine example of a gray proto showing off details in an odd light.

Next is the painted reveal.

Face is pretty much a dead ringer for Brawl Snake, and to a lesser extent MGS2 Solid Snake. Paint details (pay attention to the beard and eye areas in particular) are very clean and crisp.

Next is an example of a pretty good final product. Also I have to give my condolences to those who bought this and got a messy one.

The beard is kinda splotchy (this is still a better one than a lot of the ones I've seen), and the eyes have a good bit of shadowing more compared to the proto. Infact the eye area is so dark on the one I own that I feel it looks more like Yoji Shinkawa's art of MGS2's Solid Snake than the in game model (thats a plus to me).

Either way this is gonna be a fun road to watch for development. They have only shown one face and the gun. I am sure there are gonna be more faces for this too (never known a figma to have less than 3 total faces), multiples hands, possible effect parts, and there may even be Goodsmile company exclusives if you order from them direct. They may also go in the direction that they did with ALBW Link where they had a standard package and a deluxe one with a bunch of accessories.

Standard http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Deluxe http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Rank A

fs_feedback

Gamma Metroid

Postby fs_feedback » 02.09.16 8:20pm

Sorry it would not let me edit my post. Inc double post.

A new clearer full shot of the Figma ZSS take by Tomopop.

Rank A

Varia31

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia31 » 02.09.16 9:38pm

The Zero Suit Figma looks beautiful! Seriously considering that one. But man... the Corruption version of the Varia Suit? I'm still geeking out about that one. lol
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it.

fs_feedback

Gamma Metroid

Postby fs_feedback » 06.02.16 5:38am

So what accessories do you think it will come with? I am hoping for the pistol + shot effect and plasma whip like in Smash Bros. I bet however cause it is a Other M figure and not a Smash figure it will have the gun and shot effect and maybe Adam's helmet. I hope it also come with a Metroid.
I called it! (not that it was difficult to predict)

Can't wait to have Figma Motoko, Ryuko, Satsuki, Snake, and later Deadpool (and maybe even Ted) kicking that helmet around like a soccer ball.
Rank A

fs_feedback

Gamma Metroid

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M