Metroid Other M- Retsupurae

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!

Moderator: Moderators

Warhead

Zeta Metroid

Metroid Other M- Retsupurae

Postby Warhead » 03.16.12 10:03pm

Well, it finally happened. Slowbeef and Diabeetus has produced a video making fun of the game, and it is glorious. It's of theater mode(thus, it's more like a traditional MST than their usual fare), but it's still one of the funniest Other M-related videos in a while.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Re: Metroid Other M- Retsupurae

Postby Emperor Ing » 03.17.12 4:18pm

I've been waiting for this one for a long time.

I've only watched the first two parts so far, but I'm really loving it so far - some pretty funny stuff.

DUR HUH HUH THUMBS UP DATS SO FUNNY

OH WAIT HER THUMBS DOWN
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Daya

Gamma Metroid

Postby Daya » 03.17.12 5:44pm

Here's the whole thing:

And I, too, was waiting for this to happen.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 03.20.12 1:24am

All in all, it's a pretty funny retsupurae (though there is no actual play). Ha ha, I never watched theater mode, so I never got to see for myself how terribly the whole thing is edited. You just zip around all over the damn place!

It was nice to watch with my older brother, who got Other M the day it came out as well but never finished it. A nice sense of catharsis.

I swear I cracked up every time they mentioned ADAM MALKOVICH THAT PERFECT MILITARY MIND because as the game progressed it sure as hell got harder to justify that line.
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Zynux

Omega Metroid

Postby Zynux » 03.20.12 4:57pm

This started out pretty mediocre, but picked up as it went along. All in all, pretty funny although they pointed out and made fun of everything that has already been pointed out about a bazillion times.

Emperor Ing wrote:I swear I cracked up every time they mentioned ADAM MALKOVICH THAT PERFECT MILITARY MIND because as the game progressed it sure as hell got harder to justify that line.

Haha same. Also, I never realized just how long that one cutscene was (where MB is exposing the entire project of the BOTTLE SHIP to Samus). Damn, that is one long-ass cutscene. I don't remember there being gameplay in-between either.

Also, had a kick out of the whole Deleter thing: "And so the Deleter was installed as a member of Adam's team..." I Can't believe that's the actual monologue.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 03.22.12 12:14pm

Well, the only way for one to properly understand and appreciate Other: M is to have the "Perfect Military Mind" just like Ad-Yoshio Sakamoto. Also, I love the lack of subtly that Slowbeef used when introducing Baby Ridley.

Edit: I think this is technically "Wrongpurae," but I guess using "Restupurae" would help others know who made this.

Return to Metroid: Other M