Unused areas and scenarios in other m.

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Unused areas and scenarios in other m.

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 06.03.14 12:23pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYzpq7hTso has anyone ever seen this? it makes me feel like other m could have been very different with flashback gameplay to her federation days and sr388...it makes me feel like it could have been a wii u game if the wii u wasn't delayed till the end of 2012.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Unused areas and scenarios in other m.

Postby Xerkxes » 06.03.14 12:44pm

Other M isn't a game the Wii U could've used ATM.

Not a lot of that was actually unused stuff... if any. the only thing I didn't recognise the the Landscape with a lot of elements, but the video itself says it was likely the Flashback with Samus doing combat while she was still apart of the GF.
Otherwise I recognised everything else.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 06.04.14 5:30pm

well still, it seems like every single Metroid game ever made has unused data they just lock with code, it makes me wonder what the games all would have been like if they didn't have time restraints and data limits..

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 06.08.14 12:07am

A lot of games have a lot of unused data. It's not that uncommon at all.

Sometimes decent chunks are just content from different games.
I believe it was even Fusion that had the Crystal from warrior land 4.

Or Ocarina of time, had a fully functional Arwing from Starfox + AI to make it work.

Though, I have to say Twilight Princess is the WORST game for cut content that I'm aware of. their first few trailers of the game is LOADED with stuff that you never see in the actual game.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Rustedsoda

Alpha Metroid

Postby Rustedsoda » 06.08.14 5:58am

Wasn't Fusion built off of Wario Land 4?

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 06.08.14 12:51pm

Most probably.

it's a corner cutting way to develop any working product code-wise. take another similar project use it as a base. Saves time to create stuff from scratch.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 06.08.14 7:58pm

Yes, Fusion and Zero Mission was most likely built on Wario Land 4's engine based on the leftover data.
Makes sense, since all of them were directed by Sakamoto as well.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 06.14.14 3:44am

well either way, its interesting to see left over items, enemies, stages, and game elements hidden with code, its interesting to imagine how the games could have been different if they didn't have data, time, and monitary constraints.

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M