About the Other M board icon

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
The Worm

Alpha Metroid

About the Other M board icon

Postby The Worm » 08.12.14 10:55pm

All the other Metroid boards have images of metroids, but the Other M board has Other M's cover art, so I thought I'd take the liberty of taking a screenshot from Other M of a Sector Zero metroid and removing the background from it. Here's what I came up with:

I can understand if you guys don't like it and, in fact, I encourage you all to come up with something better. But I think we need to do away with that cover art.

Edit: Version 2

Image I may be a leviathan, but I'm also a Metroid Construction worker!

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: About the Other M board icon

Postby Zynux » 08.13.14 3:53pm

I've actually been meaning to address this for some time, but kept forgetting.

Anyways I agree 100%, Other M only having the boxart irritated the hell out of OCD in me. So inconsistent with everything else! :P
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Tim

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Tim » 08.14.14 12:15am

Well, the person whose realm this usually falls under prides themselves on not reading this particular forum. So I'm afraid this can never be remedied. If it could though, I'd totally vote for this: Image

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 08.14.14 2:45am

Well, the person whose realm this usually falls under prides themselves on not reading this particular forum. So I'm afraid this can never be remedied. If it could though, I'd totally vote for this: Image
That would be the best option, since the Metroids you actually fight look like that instead of the more roundish Sector Zero one from the OP.

It also looks great!
Suckers.

The Worm

Alpha Metroid

Postby The Worm » 08.14.14 1:39pm

We could get a moderator to move this thread to MdB News. Then they'd have to see it.
Image I may be a leviathan, but I'm also a Metroid Construction worker!

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.24.14 12:27pm

I've not been here for more than a month so I'm assuming the newest Metroid gets spotlight as an entire sector of its own as seen with Metroid: Other M. Here is an idea of mine in which it will make the icon unneeded or at least needed in a different area as well as making room for future Metroid games:

When the new Metroid games come out, could Metroid: Other M be fused or merged into Metroid Prime to form "Metroid Modern" and how it is focusing on 3D Metroids as a whole or some name/concept of that nature working in a similar fashion to Metroid Classic and how it relates to the 2D games as a whole(Which is basically pre-Prime)? If further differentiating is needed then the Metroid Prime area, now known as Metroid Modern in this hypothetical situation, could be branched to Prime or Other M. Just an idea.

(I learned how to do the URL name thing thanks to reverse engineering/dissecting one of Apothem's posts. That's also how I learned colors. Thanks Apothem.)

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.28.14 2:47pm

Humpty Dumpty, Frumpty Bumpty!

Bump since the Other M icon is still inconsistent with the design of the other boards and still bothers me :'(

[/first world problems]
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M