SPOILERS!! Metroids in Other M Theory

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
metroidfan345

Gamma Metroid

SPOILERS!! Metroids in Other M Theory

Postby metroidfan345 » 11.21.15 4:11am

As I sit and listen to the rain against my roof and pump to the usual sounds of today's hip-hop and rap at damn near 3 AM CST, I remember a conversation my girlfriend and I had whilst sitting in a convenience store about Other M. I just recommended it to her since it's a bit easier for her to play since the Prime series' first person prospective gives her motion sickness. Needless to say, she enjoyed the game and loved all the subtle references to past titles as well as the series as a whole.
All bullshit aside, I bring this to you, maybe the fan base can help me with a discussion. Naturally there will be plot spoilers, so if you don't care for it (Like the 99.9% of the fan base as a whole) or enjoyed the game wholeheartedly, please join in. Otherwise, go pick up the game for like, $3 bucks at a retailer, it's worth it.
So SPOILERS!! You have been warned.
In the beginning of time the game, we see the fully rendered 3D ending to Super Metroid, with the Baby Metroid carrying Samus in the air (Which I dunno why it'd do that? Mother Brain, ironically being dumber than shit despite being a brain, could have killer her then and there. If it was true to SM, the Metroid would have used it's mass to cover Samus while she recovered and then realized the power of the same beam Mother Brain tried to kill her with. Yada, yada, yada, shoot her with the beam, teabag her withering corpse as she turns to dust and get the hell off of the planet Zabes (but not before saving the animals.) before it explodes.

Cut to a few months later, Samus wakes up after her coma, and she gets up off a med bed and limps with her atrophied legs and yet still voluptuous buttocks to a chamber where (the player learns the tutorial and game mechanics) she shakes the rust off of her power suit and then proceeds to the worlds shortest meeting but not before the kicker in this argument, the guy behind the glass says he gave her suit a polish. (Which may I add is still shiny even though it's got alien blood and lava and decaying plant matter all over?) That line sets up a plot point that becomes clear in a cutscene later where Melissa tells Samus that they took the remaining fragments of the Baby Metroid DNA off the suit. Which leads to a plot point, They can't just waltz up to Ridley, prick him with a needle to get his DNA, where did they get the Ridley in OM? Off Samus suit with what I am guessing is every alien creature but maybe a select few, like Nightmare and Voraash, the one thing in the volcano, and possibly the Desbrachians. in Fusion, one of the final scenes Adam is seen stating that they cloned the metroids that were on the station. Its also stated that the Metroid Vaccine that saved Samus of an X Parasite infection is from the same Baby Metroid.

Now for my theory, The Metroid DNA. At one point in the game it says that "Only Certain baby's have genetic coding to become Queen." It also says that the Queen in the game was just a control experiment. Which leads me to believe that the Queen in Other M could have been what the Baby Metroid we know and (kinda) love could have been a Queen after the old Queen passed away, if Samus had not been the catalyst toward the Semi extinction of the species.

That is what I think about that. Please feel free to dismantle my theory or add fuel to the theory fire.
Battle For The Universe and The Elements of Power Coming Soon!!

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: SPOILERS!! Metroids in Other M Theory

Postby Zynux » 11.22.15 7:24pm

Which leads me to believe that the Queen in Other M could have been what the Baby Metroid we know and (kinda) love could have been a Queen after the old Queen passed away
If the Queen was the first result of the Metroid cloning program then maybe I can see it possibly implying that the Baby may have been a queen.

But do we know that for sure? A thousand Metroids could have been cloned before and then one of them could have so happen to grow up to be the Final Boss Queen in Other M, which wouldn't really do anything to let us know whether the Baby Metroid was a queen or not.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

metroidfan345

Gamma Metroid

Postby metroidfan345 » 11.22.15 9:32pm

But do we know that for sure? A thousand Metroids could have been cloned before and then one of them could have so happen to grow up to be the Final Boss Queen in Other M, which wouldn't really do anything to let us know whether the Baby Metroid was a queen or not.
It's a clone, a carbon copy. This was the control experiment for the program, as far as I know. They didn't expect it to grow.

To play devil's Advocate, I am not gonna deny that the Feds didn't try to play god and screw with the DNA. Because they created the unfreezable Metroids. Maybe they found the gene to the Queen mutation and activated it on accident, perhaps?
Battle For The Universe and The Elements of Power Coming Soon!!

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 11.25.15 10:20am

Duh. That's not a theory. That's what the devs expected everyone who played the game to know.

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M