What could the hyper beam possibly be made of?

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!
Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

What could the hyper beam possibly be made of?

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 12.25.15 12:26pm

The Super Metroid Player's Guide referred to it as a laser, but I'm not going to regard that for the simple fact that I don't know what any of the creators of the game would have said. In Metroid: Other M, when the beam is fired from Mother Brain's eye, there is a sudden burst of blue energy spreading outward and this is seen at least twice. The beam looks like it's molten energy, but I'm not sure what it could be. I thought perhaps based on the way the Baby was killed could possibly give us an idea. When the beam is seem from Samus' arm cannon, there are nodes in a circular fashion that launch these beams right into the center before being fired outward. As it proceeds to leave the cannon, the surrounding area is extremely hot based on the heat haze surrounding this energy. All I can think of from this is that it looks like a star. So then I begin to wonder if this beam is firing nuclear energy of some sort. If it's hitting an object like the Baby, causing it to explode into particles, it makes me wonder if it is a particle beam of its own, or if it's causing nuclear fission. No matter what the beam might be, it has to be some form of energy.

Return to “%s” Metroid: Other M