Metroid Auctions/For Sale Thread

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.
VGMStudios

Ridley

Metroid Auctions/For Sale Thread

Postby VGMStudios » 06.07.09 3:06pm

I seriously think we should have a sticky posting cool and strange Metroid auctions. It doesnt have to be for ebay spicifically.

Check this one out. I actually bought one. hehe!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RETRO-WII-FUNNY-DIS ... 7C294%3A50

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Metroid Auctions

Postby Infinity's End » 06.07.09 9:34pm

Sorry VGM... but that is the most retarded thing I have ever seen in my life. I'm sorry you decided to waste your money on that.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 06.07.09 11:04pm

well i have always wanted a equalizer shirt. I dont know why. So since this has a Metroid theme I said why not... Its not like im ever going to wear it. Its for my Museum! :)

VGM out...

Lazarius

Super Metroid

Postby Lazarius » 06.07.09 11:23pm

Oh my freaking god win.

Samethard

Zeta Metroid

Postby Samethard » 06.08.09 1:43am

What happens when it rains while your wearing that thing? :?

Reconite

Metroid Queen

Postby Reconite » 06.08.09 5:46am

Samethard wrote:What happens when it rains while your wearing that thing? :?

He said he won't wear it, it's for his Museum... :wink:

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 06.08.09 7:29am

I find it awesomely amazing and would 'waste' my money on it to. It's one of those, that's so ridiculous it's awesome things in my opinion :P

you get a win from me :D
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 06.08.09 9:35am

Museum or not, it's unofficial, knock-off merchandise. Nintendo could sue their friggin' balls off if they wanted to. Guess they can get away with it being in Hong Kong, eh?
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 06.08.09 9:37am

aww thanks guys for your support! :)
yes I think its a win too.

tho the price is crazy! Ill prolly wear it once, just to show it off, but then off it goes into my collection!

as for Samethard's question. If it rains nothing will happen. It is powered by a battery pack wich goes into your pocket. So it will stay dry. Also there is a protective layer over the picture so it can get wet and nothing will happen to it. Beside dont you wear a coat or use an umbrella if it rains?? ;)

Yes it is unofficial, I agree, but its still a win! Maybe if Nintendo produced cool things like this in the first place we wouldnt have to buy knock off's! hint hint! :P

VGM out...

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 06.08.09 12:30pm

Infinity's End wrote:Museum or not, it's unofficial, knock-off merchandise. Nintendo could sue their friggin' balls off if they wanted to. Guess they can get away with it being in Hong Kong, eh?

why yes, yes they could, but they won't. As long as fans are not directly infringing on profits from items that they currently sell, they usually don't care. I can't think of a place that has metroid shirts for sale besides hot topic that has already clearenced them all off. And could you imagine if Nintendo did that? No more awesome fanart, no more fan games, no more nothing, just officially licensed Nintendo stuff, they would be committing suicide to the fans (at least in my opinion).

give the fans merchandise that is worthwhile and then maybe i'd say otherwise :)
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 06.08.09 12:51pm

That shirt is pretty cool, no matter how useless it is.

Also, Nintendo sure could make MUCH more money out of us if they sold the right stuff. T-shirts is a great example. How many of you would have official Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash, etc. T-shirts if they weren't only given away through contests (even though those aren't all that official)?

And there are all the other useless stuff we would buy just for having a Screw Attack logo on it.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 06.08.09 1:04pm

Darth Naner wrote:

Also, Nintendo sure could make MUCH more money out of us if they sold the right stuff. T-shirts is a great example. How many of you would have official Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash, etc. T-shirts if they weren't only given away through contests (even though those aren't all that official)?

Actually again, Hot Topic use to sell officially licenses metroid T-Shirts. There were three of them. The retro Metroid 8 bit shirts. The Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Shirt (white) and the Prime 3 Corruption Black shirts. They also sell the wallets (which can still be found).
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Samethard

Zeta Metroid

Postby Samethard » 06.08.09 4:57pm

Darth Naner wrote:How many of you would have official Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash, etc. T-shirts if they weren't only given away through contests (even though those aren't all that official)

Actually, if you ever stop by Manhattan the Nintendo World Store has a clothing section where they sell everything you just mentioned and more. I buy the latest games and Nintendo products from them too because they always give away bags full of free goodies with your purchases.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 06.08.09 5:17pm

Samethard wrote:
Darth Naner wrote:How many of you would have official Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash, etc. T-shirts if they weren't only given away through contests (even though those aren't all that official)

Actually, if you ever stop by Manhattan the Nintendo World Store has a clothing section where they sell everything you just mentioned and more. I buy the latest games and Nintendo products from them too because they always give away bags full of free goodies with your purchases.

Of course, it's just a few thousand miles north. That can't be reached by land (because the US doesn't permit it, it's physically possible).

Even though... My cousin lives in NY... Hmm...
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 06.08.09 5:41pm

It would suck if they sued people that made fan games. I bought my Metroid Prime 3 wallet online. :D

Return to “%s” General Metroid Discussion