You know you're obsessed with Metroid when...?

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.
Zevroid

Metroid

Re: You know you're obsessed with Metroid when...?

Postby Zevroid » 08.14.14 1:36pm

We're not really trying to debate it here, we're just discussing it.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 08.14.14 1:42pm

We're not really trying to debate it here, we're just discussing it.
I know, just pointing out that this exists...and has been dead for awhile.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 02.02.15 9:59pm

When you wonder why Fire Emblem characters are available in CODE NAME S.T.E.A.M and not Samus.

I realize that Fire Emblem probably got chosen due to recent popularity boost and that it's another stratagy combat game... but the above was my immediate first thought upon hearing Amiibo's let you play Marth and Ike in Steam.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 02.19.15 5:34pm

When you have a weird dream about Metroid.

It was a game, playing as Zero Suit Samus, exclusively 3rd person, except she' was armed with an RPG
Kind of like this one, but blue with pink highlightsI think there was writing on the back end, but I couldn't read it.
And the Paralyzer, but it had a small box on the side of it with a wire attached to an extended barrel, projectiles were faster than normal, and lethal.

Not much happened other than running around and shooting.. what looked like to me Lizalfos from Zelda.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 04.25.15 7:26am

Lately, I've been humming the classic Brinstar theme, mostly in my head, just to drown out the music, and the BS, at work. >_>
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 06.17.15 2:06pm

Now that I look back at it, I was really obsessed with Metroid when I was younger. I use to beleive Phazon was a real substance. If I were right we'd all probably be dead right now :P. Actually I believed a lot of things from Metroid Prime were real, probably because of the graphics. I might have believed Sheegoths were too but I don't remember, all I remember was being extremely scared of them.

One time, I pretended that the boulders in my back yard were Thardus one time. Also I created a paper Varia suit when I was... some age between six and nine? It was an itchy suit that was dismanteled because the tape fell off, but pretty cool especially considering I was so young. I remember it happening years ago, but I don't remember what age I was.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 07.04.15 2:00pm

When you rebuild scenes from Metroid out of Lego, and do it well.

http://kotaku.com/now-thats-a-detailed- ... 1715737066

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.05.15 7:50am

I just saw that yesterday! It's incredibly well done.

I myself made several Metroid creations out of LEGO... mostly out of Bionicle pieces. I tried making an action figure scale Samus and at one point I made Ridley.

Just now I decided to go find my old gallery on Brickshelf... and found that someone shared it on a French website Bionifigs! Lol I guess some people liked it. I made this probably 5 years ago and then scrapped it once I had the Samus Figma.

Here's the gallery for Samus.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 07.06.15 6:57pm

If I had enough LEGO pieces I'd probably try to make some Metroid stuff. But that's really good. I wonder how long it took to build and how many pieces it's made of?

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 07.07.15 4:09pm

I tried recreating the Meta Ridley battle from Prime 1 in Halo 3 in the Sandbox sky area with banshees but it failed miserably because the 'Samus' players kept hijacking the banshees. I also tried recreating the Metroid Prime battles in the basement of Sandbox with scorpions and hornets but that too failed horribly because the 'Samus' players kept jumping on the scorpions and hijacking everything. Plus sometimes the player that was supposed to be the boss didn't know what the hell they were doing.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 12.20.15 11:16am

You guys think your obsessed? back before metroid prime hunters was made some guy took the time to mod a pc version of halo into metroid prime graphics, made ALL the abilities work like metroid prime and made multiplayer for it.

craigrobbo

Alpha Metroid

Postby craigrobbo » 12.22.15 1:16pm

You guys think your obsessed? back before metroid prime hunters was made some guy took the time to mod a pc version of halo into metroid prime graphics, made ALL the abilities work like metroid prime and made multiplayer for it.
any links?
If you cant get past a boss, throw the pad at the screen as hard as you can. That will kill it!!

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 12.22.15 5:18pm

Huh, I never knew about that. Looks like it works decently well too.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

superhuman7

Hatchling

Postby superhuman7 » 11.11.16 1:14pm

You can quote the Prime trilogy log entries....

Return to “%s” General Metroid Discussion