Questions to Ask Samus:

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.
The Worm

Alpha Metroid

Re: Questions to Ask Samus:

Postby The Worm » 04.30.14 6:09pm

Samus, do you have hollow bones? Is that why you are able to jump so high and move so quickly even without your power suit?

A lot of bird species have hollow bones, which enables them to fly, so maybe the Chozo do too.
Image I may be a leviathan, but I'm also a Metroid Construction worker!

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.30.14 12:11pm

Found this somewhere:

"Samus grew up on Zebes.

According to this site:
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjec ... Mass.shtml

The pull of Gravity can be determined by the formula if you know a planet’s Mass and Radius and the Gravitational Constant: GM/r^2=a

G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass of the Zebes, r is the radius of the Zebes, and a is the acceleration due to the force of gravity.

So we substitute the Mass and Radius of Earth with the Mass and Radius of Zebes and we get:
((4.35448675 × ((10^27) kilograms)) * (6.67300 × ((10^(-11)) (m^3) (kg^(-1)) (s^(-2))))) / ((5850 km)^2) = 8490.75611 m / s^2

Which means:8490.75611m/s^2 (1 g on Zebes) /9.81m/s^2 (1 g on Earth) = 865.5

That anyone who lives on Zebes is use to an 865.5 g environment and when introduced into a 1 g environment would be increadibly strong.

We know that Samus weighs 198 lbs. This is assumed in a 1 g environment. If this was her weight on Zebes then on Earth she would weight 0.2 lbs... I think it is safe to say that 198 lbs is her 1 g weight.

On Zebes this meger 198 lbs would turn into 85.6 tons, and Zero Mission showed us that Samus is capable of lifting her own weight without assistance on Zebes, so in a 1 g environment she should be more than capable of lifting 85 tons.

Now this also means that because of that insanely high gravity every jump Samus preformed would have a massive amount of energy behind it, which is yet another thing she just got use to during her childhood there. But when it comes down to Hand to Hand Combat this would mean that the impacts from each punch that John-117 lands on her would be negligable because it just wouldn’t have the multi-ton impact strength that she casually shruggs off from growing up on Zebes. On the other hand she is going to be dishing out tens of tons of force per punch because her arm strength is just so rediculously acclimated to the 865 g environment of Zebes.

The only way John could kill Samus through hand to hand is by breaking crittical bones. But Samus is more agile than him. She should be more than capable of jumping to a height that would keep her airborn for a few minutes because of the strength of her legs in an 1 g zone.

Math: In order to gain height in a jump you must surpass the force of Gravity, but since Gravity is constantly applying presure it pulls you back down, but you don’t stop gaining altitude until the pull of Gravity has matched your initial jump force. Since Samus can jump on Zebes without her suit she must be able to match its G pull so:
8490.75611 m/s (Samus’s jump force) / 9.81 m/s^2 (1 g) = 14.4 minutes.

In a single jump Samus could launch herself so far into the air she would hit the ground again for nearly a quarter of an hour later (assumes a straight vertical jump)."

Why is my Samus not punching anyone sooner?

ginjirou17

Hatchling

Postby ginjirou17 » 09.15.15 3:29am

My quesiton is how does your arms fit in the suit. They are too far apart for your shoulders. (The art in nintendo famicom does not count since the bodytype her armor has has changed in the prime series and other M. Her arms could never fit.

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 09.18.15 1:16am

My quesiton is how does your arms fit in the suit. They are too far apart for your shoulders. (The art in nintendo famicom does not count since the bodytype her armor has has changed in the prime series and other M. Her arms could never fit.
Yeah, the shoulders are too wide.
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Liz Lemon

Egg

Postby Liz Lemon » 02.27.16 9:31pm

Samus, do you have hollow bones? Is that why you are able to jump so high and move so quickly even without your power suit?

A lot of bird species have hollow bones, which enables them to fly, so maybe the Chozo do too.
I don't think Samus has Avian Bone Syndrome. Her bones would be breaking constantly, especially in MZM when she loses her power suit.

janet.op

Alpha Metroid

Postby janet.op » 02.28.16 10:18am

Samus, how much of your bank account goes to Lithium?

Taelin Aurel

Alpha Metroid

Postby Taelin Aurel » 02.29.16 11:36pm

Samus, why do you take so much time to decide on what mission you accept? As a bounty hunter, do you make enough bank between missions that you can take a 5-10 year hiatus between them?

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 03.01.16 8:16am

I don't think it's a matter of Samus choosing missions, but the GFeds declassifying them. :dane:
...or someone manages to leak them to the public. :higgs:
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Return to “%s” General Metroid Discussion