What's Your Favorite Boss From The Metroid Series?

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.
Xan Kriegor

Omega Metroid

What's Your Favorite Boss From The Metroid Series?

Postby Xan Kriegor » 07.26.10 3:57pm

Admin Edit: Merged topics. Please use this thread for "Favorite Boss" discussion from now on.

I think that the first form of Metroid Prime is the best cause there's so much build up to this creature and it ends up being a fun boss fight.

What are your favorite bosses? 8)

(Sorry if there's another thread like this.)
Image Thanks CC For The Sig!
"Statement: Oh, do shut up, you beeping little trash compactor." ―HK-47 to T3-M4

Mushroom Hopper

Zeta Metroid

Re: What's Your Favorite Boss From The Metroid Series?

Postby Mushroom Hopper » 07.26.10 4:41pm

I really enjoyed fighting the Hunters in Prime 3. Good old dodging and shooting... and oh my god the music... I wish they would of had more of these types of bosses in the Prime series as opposed to the more puzzle oriented ones (though Quadraxis was awesome).

I pretty much liked all the boss fights from Fusion too. Some of them were really tough the first time through. Not too big a fan of the bosses in Metroid or Super though. Much too easy.

Maetch

Zeta Metroid

Postby Maetch » 07.26.10 5:14pm

Gandrayda from Prime 3, hands down. Tense music, sexy character, and an attack pattern that requires you to keep changing as she does. I almost never use Hypermode when fighting Gandy, so that I can savor the feeling of fighting her.

On the flip side, Rundus dies in less than two minutes (assuming you play your Hypermode onslaughts well). At least Gandy and even Ghor have more involving fights, but Rundus felt like a joke, even for an early-level boss.
Last edited by Maetch on 07.26.10 10:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
:metroid: = Ultimate Warrior
8) = Ultimate Warrior
Therefore, 8) = :metroid:

Now you know why they call it Metroid.

---

This is the song, written for the chase scene!
This is the song, Samus and James!
He tri-ied to kill me with a forklift! (Ole!)

Mr. McIHOP

Gamma Metroid

Postby Mr. McIHOP » 07.26.10 5:19pm

the parasite queen was pretty cool.
okay, so you put the lime in the coconut...now what?

fox mulder

Ridley

Postby fox mulder » 07.26.10 5:39pm

Mine is Omega Ridley.
deviantART Profile
It's not much, but any comments and/or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 07.26.10 6:41pm

Mushroom Hopper wrote:I wish they would of had more of these types of bosses in the Prime series as opposed to the more puzzle oriented ones (though Quadraxis was awesome).

I guess I'm the opposite. I prefer bosses that require you to perform a complex series of actions in order to damage them and that require a certain number of hits to kill, rather than bosses with big health meters that you just shoot a lot (not to say that those can't be enjoyable too when done correctly). Zelda bosses, basically. But to each their own.
i like it when people sig me

Mushroom Hopper

Zeta Metroid

Postby Mushroom Hopper » 07.26.10 6:52pm

Steamlord wrote:
Mushroom Hopper wrote:I wish they would of had more of these types of bosses in the Prime series as opposed to the more puzzle oriented ones (though Quadraxis was awesome).

I guess I'm the opposite. I prefer bosses that require you to perform a complex series of actions in order to damage them and that require a certain number of hits to kill, rather than bosses with big health meters that you just shoot a lot (not to say that those can't be enjoyable too when done correctly). Zelda bosses, basically. But to each their own.

Oh I love the "puzzle" bosses too. To be honest the Zelda team should be looking more closely at the bosses of the Prime series. Zelda bosses are weaksauce for the most part (there are a few exceptions), offering next to no challenge.

Xan Kriegor

Omega Metroid

Postby Xan Kriegor » 07.26.10 7:01pm

I personally like the bosses that look big and menacing and pose a challenge.
"Statement: Oh, do shut up, you beeping little trash compactor." ―HK-47 to T3-M4

Mr. McIHOP

Gamma Metroid

Postby Mr. McIHOP » 07.26.10 7:19pm

Mushroom Hopper wrote:
Steamlord wrote:

Oh I love the "puzzle" bosses too. To be honest the Zelda team should be looking more closely at the bosses of the Prime series. Zelda bosses are weaksauce for the most part (there are a few exceptions), offering next to no challenge.

F*CK GOREA
okay, so you put the lime in the coconut...now what?

CalMc123

Egg

Postby CalMc123 » 07.26.10 7:24pm

Favourite boss... Well, I'd have to conclude with Dark Samus 2. Awesome backdrop, improved Dark Samus arsenal, and her 'death' scene is pretty epic. That is all.
I have little imagination when it comes to signatures. >.>

Satch

Kraid

Postby Satch » 07.26.10 8:28pm

Dark Samus. People always talk about how Samus moves like a tank in the Primes, but fighting Dark Samus makes me feel like some kind of Super Saiyan Dragonball Z character. I move my fastest and am the most aware of my surroundings when fighting her.

She means more to me as an enemy than SA-X simply because of the fact that she's a whorebag version of Samus, not just a shell of Samus at her stongest. Dark Samus became a character; she wasn't just an enemy that wanted to kill you. Hell, she didn't care. She had an agenda of her own that didn't include Samus. If you'd have just left her alone, she wouldn't have personally taken issue with you, but if you got killed in passing, then whatever. Dark Samus is a powertripping heifer and I love that about her. :dark:

And then the aftermath when fighting her the first time - you get to revel in the fact that you and your doppelganger just shut down EVERYTHING like Madagascar during a pandemic.
Image Image
IF ADAM WANTS A GIRL TO ****ING DANCE, HE SHOULD JUST GO TO A STRIP CLUB. ~Doc Scratch

Xan Kriegor

Omega Metroid

Postby Xan Kriegor » 07.26.10 8:31pm

I Loved the Dark Samus fights aswell.

They were so, "Epic".

I just loved to move around fast and dodge Dark Samus's attacks.

R9WiLdShOt

Alpha Metroid

What's YOUR hardest Metroid Boss? & what's your favorite?

Postby R9WiLdShOt » 08.12.10 7:44am

There's no right or wrong in this. I just never posted a topic with anyone at all agreeing with me on anything! Converse about what your hardest Metroid Boss was and your top reasons for it. Then, tell us all what's your FAVORITE Metroid Boss.

My hardest Metroid Boss:

Metroid (NES) - Kraid:

-This guy was hard to even GET TO.
-Once you're there, you die sooner than you can even damage him.
-I couldn't beat him without using the NAR password.
-I thrashed my gamecube controller from this boss.

My Favorite Metroid Boss:

Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime 3 - Dark Samus:

-It's cool to fight somebody evenly matched to you.
-She was a psycho phazon loaded enemy.
- She wasn't "nigh impossible" to beat (other words, challenging and not pissingly-hard).
-SHE HAS AN AWESOME SONG.
I didn't really notice until now, but when did you become a furry?
OH MY GOD HE'S TRANSFORMED INTO ONE OF THEM!!
*ruffles your wolf characters fur between his ears*

Azure Dragonius

Kraid

Postby Azure Dragonius » 08.12.10 10:43am

My favorites are as follows in no particular order:
Dark Samus (especially the final one in Prime 2)
Omega Ridley (also any version of Ridley because he's that epic)
Rundas (he was easy as hell, but he's my favorite Prime 3 Hunter, and his boss music can't be beat)
DEATH COMES RIDIN' ON A MIDNIGHT TRAIN

Thardus

Alpha Metroid

Postby Thardus » 08.13.10 12:05am

My namesake. No matter the difficulty, or how badly I'm screwing up, he's a blast to fight.

From the 2D games, Torizo was crazy fun to fight as well.
Thank you infinitys End for the avvy
(I never put Infinity Ward here. You don't know what you're talking about)

Now, I just need to check my e-mail more often, so I notice these things

Return to “%s” General Metroid Discussion