Pay tribute to the 25th Anniversary of Metroid

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Naner

Dark Samus

Re: Pay tribute to the 25th Anniversary of Metroid

Postby Naner » 05.19.11 8:00am

I think I'll participate. I'll get my Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid: Other M swag, put it somewhere visible and film in front of it.

Speaking of which, I think I'm arguably the biggest Metroid fan in Latin America. :awesome:
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Darren

Gamma Metroid

Postby Darren » 05.19.11 11:31am

Great Naner! That would be most welcome. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

There might be fans that aren't aware this project is going on so do feel free to tell people and spread the word!
Webmaster of Shinesparkers! Home of the latest Metroid news and exclusive content and features! http://www.shinesparkers.net

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 05.19.11 11:51am

Darth Naner wrote:I think I'll participate. I'll get my Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid: Other M swag, put it somewhere visible and film in front of it.

Speaking of which, I think I'm arguably the biggest Metroid fan in Latin America. :awesome:

great idea. I was thinking of doing something similar. Do you know what you are going to say? I have no idea yet. Got any pointers?

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Varia31

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia31 » 05.19.11 12:12pm

VGMStudios wrote:I really would love to contribute as being the worlds biggest Metroid fan, but I dont want to show my face so Im stuck between a rock and a hard place. :/
I wish there was some other kind of thing I can do other then showing my face. :(

^This. I, too, would love to make a tribute to Metroid myself (20 seconds or not), but I choose to keep my face to myself. If there was a way to do a short tribute without doing that, I would gladly make a contribution of some sort. :)

EDIT: @VGM Oh, no masks? Darn, there went hopes of masquerading. That, I could have done. :phazon:
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.19.11 4:37pm

VGMStudios wrote:
Darth Naner wrote:I think I'll participate. I'll get my Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid: Other M swag, put it somewhere visible and film in front of it.

great idea. I was thinking of doing something similar. Do you know what you are going to say? I have no idea yet. Got any pointers?

VGM out...

I'm still thinking... Probably something about how South America loves Metroid too and how the games influenced my life.

Also: 10th June! Guess I'd better film it before Judgement Day this Saturday. :P
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 05.19.11 5:48pm

Since you're already getting together a project on the OCR website, Darren, I wouldn't hesitate to bring this up to the people over at OCR, where I am sure there are plenty of Metroid fans.
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Darren

Gamma Metroid

Postby Darren » 05.19.11 7:20pm

Emperor Ing wrote:Since you're already getting together a project on the OCR website, Darren, I wouldn't hesitate to bring this up to the people over at OCR, where I am sure there are plenty of Metroid fans.

Hey that's not a bad idea! I will certainly put that to them! :)
Webmaster of Shinesparkers! Home of the latest Metroid news and exclusive content and features! http://www.shinesparkers.net

Chris

Metroid Queen

Postby Chris » 05.25.11 7:02am

I'll try get my quarantine officer cosplay done for this but I'm off to Thailand soon, lack of money and time.

Mewtwo and Zadra need to submit in my opinion!

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.25.11 7:50am

Chris wrote:Mewtwo and Zadra need to submit in my opinion!

I agree. We could also try getting Yuki, then we'll have a great suited Samus, a great Zero Suit Samus and a great young Samus! Yuki's costume might be with Video Game Reunion now, though.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 05.25.11 8:42am

Darth Naner wrote:

I agree. We could also try getting Yuki, then we'll have a great suited Samus, a great Zero Suit Samus and a great young Samus! Yuki's costume might be with Video Game Reunion now, though.

Pretty sure they just commissioned her to make them one, instead of using hers. ;)
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
Xerkxes wrote:A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Darren

Gamma Metroid

Postby Darren » 05.25.11 9:32am

Darth Naner wrote:

Yuki is already on board ;)

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 05.25.11 11:29am

Is Jenni Källberg on board too?? That would be most awesome as well!!

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Varia

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia » 05.25.11 2:37pm

<3 I can't wait to see some of your cosplays guys. Chris, that Quarantine officer is one epic dude. I cheerfully laughed when he came on screen, can't wait to see the finished product.

I would enter if I wasn't so shy. Is there ANYTHING Darren we can do for you....? Buddy? XD
(Aside from sending in videos)
ImageImageImageImage

Darren

Gamma Metroid

Postby Darren » 05.25.11 6:09pm

Varia wrote:<3 I can't wait to see some of your cosplays guys. Chris, that Quarantine officer is one epic dude. I cheerfully laughed when he came on screen, can't wait to see the finished product.

I would enter if I wasn't so shy. Is there ANYTHING Darren we can do for you....? Buddy? XD
(Aside from sending in videos)

If you can't contribute to the video there are still plenty of ways you can help the project. You can be sure to advertise and tell your friends to spread the word for example. Plus, we're working on a Metroid album to mark the occasion.

Bidoman

Mochtroid

Postby Bidoman » 05.26.11 12:05pm

Hi everyone !

I'm the webmaster of the french website Planète Zebes (http://www.planetezebes.com) and I wanted to say you that project is a great idea ! What a tribute !

I'm interrested in participate, but I have a question : can I say my message in French or is it better to say it in English ? My English isn't very good and my accent is crap but I can try to do that... and be ridiculous all over the web :D

Whatever, it's a great project and I will be proud to be part of it. And forgive my mistakes...

PreviousNext

Return to General Metroid Discussion