Unpopular Metroid Opinions

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.
sith

Alpha Metroid

Unpopular Metroid Opinions

Postby sith » 07.09.13 4:32pm

Here's two of mine:

1. Sakamoto no longer considers Zero Mission canon.

2. Mother Brain, Kraid, Ridley, and the Space Pirates have been working for the Federation (or both have been working for the same group and/or individual) all along.

Feel free to post your unpopular Metroid opinions in this thread.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Unpopular Metroid Opinions

Postby Zynux » 07.09.13 8:22pm

I didn't like Phazon too much. It seemed like it was just everything. Highly radioactive, so it mutated everything to how it pleases. Can create living, sentient creatures out of inanimate objects. It had its own flora. In Prime 3 it showed it had its own Fauna as well. The force of the leviathan seed was able to split an entire planet into two alternate dimensions. And to top it off, it was a fricking planet.

Yeah, I dunno. I kinda hate a super substance that can just accomplish everything somehow :/
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

sith

Alpha Metroid

Postby sith » 07.09.13 8:55pm

I didn't like Phazon too much. It seemed like it was just everything. Highly radioactive, so it mutated everything to how it pleases. Can create living, sentient creatures out of inanimate objects. It had its own flora. In Prime 3 it showed it had its own Fauna as well. The force of the leviathan seed was able to split an entire planet into two alternate dimensions. And to top it off, it was a fricking planet.

Yeah, I dunno. I kinda hate a super substance that can just accomplish everything somehow :/
I agree about the dimension-splitting thing, because it makes no sense.

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Postby TheBlackCat » 07.10.13 4:55am

1. Sakamoto no longer considers Zero Mission canon.
Saying whether you consider it canon is one thing, but I personally don't much like when someone claims to speak for someone else.
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 07.10.13 6:39am

Metroid 2 is the most atmospheric game in the series.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy needed better movement and combat systems.

Other M was the product of desperate pandering, and it isn't the game anyone wanted to make.

Zero Mission should have been a DS game.

Maetch

Zeta Metroid

Postby Maetch » 07.10.13 5:10pm

I want Gandrayda to get a spin-off.
:metroid: = Ultimate Warrior
8) = Ultimate Warrior
Therefore, 8) = :metroid:

Now you know why they call it Metroid.

---

This is the song, written for the chase scene!
This is the song, Samus and James!
He tri-ied to kill me with a forklift! (Ole!)

sith

Alpha Metroid

Postby sith » 07.11.13 4:47pm

Zero Mission should have been a DS game.
I don't see why the idea that a game should have been on a newer console and/or handheld would be unpopular.

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 07.11.13 6:07pm

I don't see why the idea that a game should have been on a newer console and/or handheld would be unpopular.
Touch screen gimmicks.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 07.11.13 9:50pm

Yakuza is such a terrible and boring boss. Its attack patterns are so simplistic and silly looking that it literally made me question what the designers were trying to do with him. I'm surprised so many fans like him.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 08.23.13 1:25pm

I don't like how Samus slowly went from "bounty hunter" to "planet destroying savior of the galaxy".

Miketroid

Gamma Metroid

Postby Miketroid » 08.23.13 2:18pm

The dimension split was because of Aether's unstable planetary energy, I believe.

I'm completely opposite. The fact that it is essentially a super organism makes it seem far more threatening and unique. If it was just some radioactive substance, then what would be special about it?
At least in my opinion. But hey, different strokes for different folks, right?
I don't like how Samus slowly went from "bounty hunter" to "planet destroying savior of the galaxy".
Why can't she be both? A "Planet destroying bounty hunter who is a savior of the galaxy".

I think the Spider Guardian is a joke. Seriously, He's not that fucking hard.
"Happiness is the only good. The time to happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so." - Robert Green Ingersoll

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 08.23.13 3:38pm

Mother Brain, Kraid, Ridley, and the Space Pirates have been working for the Federation (or both have been working for the same group and/or individual) all along.
Is this thread 'unpopular opinions' or 'crack fan theories'? Confused over here. :-?
:YS: projecting on to Samus.
Other M was the product of desperate pandering, and it isn't the game anyone wanted to make.
Oh I can think of one person that wanted to make it...

Here's my guaranteed-replies opinion:

Zero Mission is slow-paced and padded out with boring filler. Nearly every 'new' thing added to the game bogs the game down in not-fun busywork.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 08.23.13 7:31pm

I liked the Beam Ammo system in Echoes
*runs for cover*

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 08.23.13 10:03pm

Problem.. I think there's like... only one game she actually hunting some type of bounty? and that was hunters.

all the rest she's been effectively a mercenary.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Miketroid

Gamma Metroid

Postby Miketroid » 08.23.13 10:35pm

Yakuza is such a terrible and boring boss. Its attack patterns are so simplistic and silly looking that it literally made me question what the designers were trying to do with him. I'm surprised so many fans like him.
People like Yakuza? I thought he was just kind of... there.

Metroid II has terrible physics.

I like the Light world/Dark World mechanic in Prime 2.
"Happiness is the only good. The time to happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so." - Robert Green Ingersoll

Return to “%s” General Metroid Discussion