[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Metroid Database • Samus Cameo in "New" 3DS Commercial

Samus Cameo in "New" 3DS Commercial

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.
TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Samus Cameo in "New" 3DS Commercial

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 09.29.14 12:18am

I can't find a topic appropriate enough to post this in, so I figured I'd make this its own topic. It is very brief, but Samus appears in this "New" 3DS commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpQSvaduzk

I find Samus' reaction to be hilarious:

This picture does a better job at showing what Samus looks like:

I have no idea exactly what this commercial is about(outside of the interchangeable 3DS face-plates), can someone fill me in?

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Re: Samus Cameo in "New" 3DS Commercial

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.29.14 12:50am

On top of that Luigi looks like one smug asshole.
Diddy is happy, like always.
Donkey Kong's head doesn't look like a turd anymore as he is now becoming a banana.
The cartoon Zelda I hate only less than the CDi version looks like she's taking an awkward high school photo with clothes her parents picked out.
Animal Crossing sucks.
Bowser is all spiffy and going in for a job interview.
Yoshi is ready for the boat cruise back to his island.
Peach = worst mime ever.
Samus is so out of place even she doesn't know what the hell is going on.
Toad has that happy killer face on like he's about to choke someone.
And Luigi looks like such a smug asshole it makes me want to punch him in the face very very very hard.
Nice find :thumbsup:

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 09.29.14 1:38am

Hmmmmmmmmm

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Some of the character choices got me thinking. Zelda is represented in her Toon look and there are two animal crossing character. Toon Link appears as well, and Pikachu and Kirby are showcased, especially since there last games were on handhelds. And Donkey Kong and Diddy were have DKCR 3D on the 3DS. SO it seems obvious to me that majority of characters here also market handheld titles...

So I find it strange that they are even advertising Samus here, who hasn't had a handheld game in years...

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Eh, means nothing. :P
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.29.14 1:54am

I'm kinda hoping the Other M Power Suit design isn't the new universal basic Power Suit for all future Metroid games. I'll agree with :YS: saying that it looks silly with any color other than yellow/orange/red. Hell, the Light Suit and Fusion Suit colors for Samus in SSB4 look so weird.

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 09.29.14 1:02pm

This is a great promotion for all those Metroid games playable on the New 3DS.
Suckers.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 09.29.14 3:29pm

Surprised they didn't use Zero Suit Samus.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

crazyal02

Metroid

Postby crazyal02 » 10.20.14 6:48pm

As funny as Samus is here, she doesn't beat Top Hat Link, Hipster Bowser, or Luigi Death Stare.
Elephants capable of conquering earth? Vampire monkeys and crocodiles that shoot lasers out of their eyes? I think you've just created the most awesome post in the history of forever.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 10.20.14 6:55pm

I think they didn't know what to do with her.

Everyone else has a legit different costume.. they just painted her limbs a different and added stars.
The only other who didn't get that much as DK.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Return to “%s” General Metroid Discussion