Which metroid game would you say is the hardest to 100%

For discussing ideas and thoughts on the Metroid franchise in general.
metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Which metroid game would you say is the hardest to 100%

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 08.23.16 6:24pm

Self explainatory

I'd have to say fusion just because so of them are just so frustrating way more than anything zero mission can dish out for completion difficulty Then again I had the gameboy player and gamecube controller advantage so yeah.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Which metroid game would you say is the hardest to 100%

Postby Zynux » 08.24.16 11:00pm

I wouldn't know

>_> Never actually 100% a Metroid

EDIT: Nevermind I lied, I have 100% the Prime Trilogy, not on my first playthrough but years later.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 08.25.16 1:35am

Despite having barely played the original trilogy, I can say with reasonable confidence that it's either 1 or 2 since there's no way to know where anything is hidden beyond just messing around with the environment.

I'm not sure it's possible to 100% Fusion unless you beat the game first and continue on afterwards, simply because it isn't structured to allow for full map access most of the time, and by the time you get all the suit upgrades you need, you're locked into the final path. Once that's done, they're still pretty tough to find.

The Primes have an audio cue (and Prime 3 has a map guide), and of that bunch Prime 2 is probably the hardest. Areas aren't as easy to remember to get back to, making it easy to skip over a section over and over again.

Like Fusion, Zero Mission is much easier to 100% after you've beaten the game once, but it's much more doable on a first attempt. They're not too difficult to locate, but of the games I've played, Zero Mission definitely has the hardest upgrades to actually obtain since there's a lot of critical timing involved. There are also some cases of hidden rooms within hidden rooms.

Other M is impossible to 100% until you've cleared the main story since you don't have access to Power Bombs, but actually obtaining all the upgrades is pretty easy.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Luke Aran

Gamma Metroid

Postby Luke Aran » 08.25.16 3:58pm

Despite having barely played the original trilogy, I can say with reasonable confidence that it's either 1 or 2 since there's no way to know where anything is hidden beyond just messing around with the environment.

I'm not sure it's possible to 100% Fusion unless you beat the game first and continue on afterwards, simply because it isn't structured to allow for full map access most of the time, and by the time you get all the suit upgrades you need, you're locked into the final path. Once that's done, they're still pretty tough to find.
You can't beat the game and continue on after with Fusion. You're expected to use that slightly esoteric network of tunnels between sectors to pick everything up before returning to the main deck.
"It is a beautiful thing when two strangers become friends, and a very sad thing indeed when two friends become strangers"~Anonymous

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.25.16 6:01pm

You can't beat the game and continue on after with Fusion. You're expected to use that slightly esoteric network of tunnels between sectors to pick everything up before returning to the main deck.
If I remember right, beating Fusion and then continuing from that save opens up the areas that were previously locked off.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 08.26.16 10:06am

Yeah, that's exactly what happened on my last session.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.26.16 1:07pm

I honestly never knew that was a thing in Fusion, and I've been through that game so many times...

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.26.16 1:26pm

AM2R deserves a mention. Sure, you're handed 90% of upgrades on a plate because you're sort of required to have a lot of missiles to deal with Metroids but finding the remaining 10% was very difficult for me. I think the hardest game I've ever had to 100% is Metroid Prime 2 Echoes but I find the beam ammo expansions to be more rewarding than missiles ever really were in most other Metroid games. Once you have 100~150 you're good. 250 Beam ammo still isn't enough for me...

Slaran

Metroid

Postby Slaran » 02.02.17 11:22pm

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes because of having to get everything from both light and dark Aether that games is so easy for me to get lost and forget how to get things.

Return to “%s” General Metroid Discussion