**SPOILER** MP3: Thoughts on the ending

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!

Hunters 2?

No way.
28%
Of course!
13%
We'll see.
59%

Total votes : 99

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: **SPOILER** MP3: Thoughts on the ending

Postby Xerkxes » 03.11.14 12:57am

Not including Other M because I think it ain't canon, and anyway I have a good replacement plot, with it taking place between Zero Mission and Prime.
Would still require script editing, removing any and all talk of "The Baby" , then nice things like having Adam have a real meaningful death, besides the dumbdumb one he had that was in vain, redo the whole PTSD with Ridley thing too include flashbacks about why the fuck it's happening in the first place, and more.

by the time your done salvaging the game's story, you've practically got a whole different game.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

KazerBeam

Gamma Metroid

Postby KazerBeam » 03.11.14 1:21am

Not including Other M because I think it ain't canon, and anyway I have a good replacement plot, with it taking place between Zero Mission and Prime.
Would still require script editing, removing any and all talk of "The Baby" , then nice things like having Adam have a real meaningful death, besides the dumbdumb one he had that was in vain, redo the whole PTSD with Ridley thing too include flashbacks about why the fuck it's happening in the first place, and more.

by the time your done salvaging the game's story, you've practically got a whole different game.
Yeah, but it would be worth it :P .
Looking for ways to glitch Metroid Games into oblivion.
This makes me remember when Samus didn't talk and there were dinosaurs and black and white TV
I accidentally Zebes. Was that dangerous?

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 03.18.14 10:52am

Yeah, but it would be worth it :P .
Yeah. Anything is better than that.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

KazerBeam

Gamma Metroid

Postby KazerBeam » 03.18.14 12:08pm

Okay, Here's what would be different in Metroid Other M if it took place after Metroid Zero Mission:

Opening Cutscenes: instead, Samus being nearly killed by then beating up Mother Brain (I know that Mecha Ridley was the final boss, but I think Mother Brain Should be in the beginning too.) No talk of the Baby, so a lot of monologue must be cut ( :awesome: ). Report given: "The Space Pirate Base on Zebes was annihilated, and all stolen Metroids were exterminated." Distress signal shouldn't be called Baby's cry.

In bottle ship: Samus is not shocked with the Galactic Federation using Metroids because they are extinct, but because she thought they would've learnt from the Pirate's mistakes. Metroids were not cloned from Samus' suit, but taken from stolen Space Pirate frigates. Samus's PTSD moment happens, but after Ridley 'kills' anthony she gets over it, and starts to monologue less. (I was thinking of this as the incident that changed Other M samus into Prime Samus.)

Any ideas for the rest of it? I have some but would like outside opinion.
This makes me remember when Samus didn't talk and there were dinosaurs and black and white TV

Chozo Guardian

Zeta Metroid

Postby Chozo Guardian » 05.07.14 5:07pm

Common theory is that it's Sylux, as the ship pares some likeness to his ship from prime hunters.
It doesn't really look all THAT much like it. And even if it does, you have to remember that that ship, the Delano 7, was a GF prototype he stole. The ship in the 100% ending of Prime 3 could be the production model, piloted by anyone.
Switch Friend Code: SW-5924-9758-5866

KazerBeam

Gamma Metroid

Postby KazerBeam » 08.06.14 3:09am

Common theory is that it's Sylux, as the ship pares some likeness to his ship from prime hunters.
It doesn't really look all THAT much like it. And even if it does, you have to remember that that ship, the Delano 7, was a GF prototype he stole. The ship in the 100% ending of Prime 3 could be the production model, piloted by anyone.
Yeah, I see where to go from that. Perhaps the Galactic Federation is now tailing Samus, thinking the Phazon permanently affected her mind, (I obviously mean the branch of the GF led by General Douchebag) or Dark Samus stole a ship? IDK.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 08.06.14 8:48am

Well, staff at retro did say they'd bring back Phazon and Dark Samus if the fans wanted it.
plausability of it being Dark Samus? actually the ship also bears SOME resemblance too Samus gunship in the same game, if vague.
She's got a phazon copy of her armor, why not a ship?

Still to this day seems more like Sylux ship to me that was remodel.

If it was supposed to be vaguely the GF chasing her, they'd have likely used a more "GF" looking ship to give you the impression it was the GF. the Delano 7 doesn't look like a GF ship.
Unless it's supposed to be a red herring or they're terrible to story telling? unlikely.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.06.17 6:33pm

It's Syluxes ship from prime hunters.. and its one of the teasers for a future game , in federation force you see sylux steal a metroid
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Sylux take a look

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime