You know when you suck when....

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!

Moderator: Moderators

supermax1221

Egg

Re: You know when you suck when....

Postby supermax1221 » 09.02.10 6:57pm

I forget use the x-ray visor while I have the NOVA beam to kill Fusion Metroids faster. -_-;
Wii Friend Code: 5159-5916-0515-2298
Screw you Bendezium and Denzium

Lord Immortallix

Metroid

Postby Lord Immortallix » 09.02.10 7:11pm

supermax1221 wrote:I forget use the x-ray visor while I have the NOVA beam to kill Fusion Metroids faster. -_-;

I'm guilty of that, and I also always forget I can use the x-ray visor to kill pirates easier.
The Snack That Fights Back, Goldfist!

If you love Glassjaw then I love you.

darkhamsterlord

Zeta Metroid

Postby darkhamsterlord » 09.02.10 7:15pm

On multiple occasions, I've killed Hatcher Metroids the long way despite possessing both the X-Ray Visor and the Nova Beam. I'm kind of forgetful sometimes.
I heard Metroid is a girl! Is that true???

supermax1221

Egg

Postby supermax1221 » 09.02.10 9:04pm

darkhamsterlord wrote:On multiple occasions, I've killed Hatcher Metroids the long way despite possessing both the X-Ray Visor and the Nova Beam. I'm kind of forgetful sometimes.

WAIT WHAT!?!?!?!? YOU CAN DO THAT!?!?!?! >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_<

IM SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!!!
Wii Friend Code: 5159-5916-0515-2298
Screw you Bendezium and Denzium

Triforce of the Gods

Zeta Metroid

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 09.02.10 9:25pm

I only knew that worked for Pirates, not anything else.

And I just finished Corruption again...D:

PrimeTime90

Alpha Metroid

Postby PrimeTime90 » 09.02.10 11:06pm

Thardus wrote:
I don't care who you are, losing to the first boss in any game is absolutely embarresing

HEY! There's no shame in getting your ass kicked by Murai from Ninja Gaiden. x_x

Chipou

Metroid Queen

Postby Chipou » 09.03.10 11:01pm

Satch wrote:All of Metroid Prime 2.

I still haven't beat the game and I've had it since it came out. I'm on the Sanctuary Fortress now, trying to beat whatever guardian the pillbug is. That game is full of absolutely fucked up bosses. It took me 14 tries across two years to beat the Boost Guardian. The last time I played was early 2009, so I'm stuck at the pillbug.

MP2 is a NIGHTMARE.

Also, welcome aboard Chozo-ancient! Happy to have you along. :D

tbh, the bosses wernt a problem, rather it was the puzzles......alot of stuff just blended into the background and having two worlds with sometimes oneway portles just made it even harder....not to mention those damn key hunts...

Superzone

Egg

Postby Superzone » 09.25.10 1:32am

The entire Metroid Prime fight in Metroid Prime. I'll never forget that frustrating but oh so satisfying afternoon...

Gamer-e

Zeta Metroid

Postby Gamer-e » 09.25.10 1:54am

The only sorta difficult part of the MP fight for me was when it summoned Metroids to fight against you. I never did get all of the Power Bombs I could before the fight, so, if I mismanaged them, Fission Metroids would totally fuck me up if they got to me before I got to the Phazon pool.

As for Satch's problem... 14 tries across 2 years? That's a actually pretty small number of tries... Did you do most of those attempts at the same time?

Now, as for times I just sucked ass, a Phazon grenade tossing Pirate on Bryyo sent me into Corrupt Hypermode. I didn't mash 'A' fast enough.
"Work is for people who can't play video games." - Jillian Wiebe, "The King of Kong"

SpareChange

Zeta Metroid

Postby SpareChange » 09.25.10 11:06am

you die...
Wii U S/N: SpareChnge

Faybro

Gamma Metroid

Postby Faybro » 09.26.10 9:23am

PrimeTime90 wrote:
Thardus wrote:
I don't care who you are, losing to the first boss in any game is absolutely embarresing

HEY! There's no shame in getting your ass kicked by Murai from Ninja Gaiden. x_x

What if it's one of those bosses where you can only win with cheats? Like Paper Mario? You fight Bowser and he's got a magic wand and you lose regardless of skill.

ddddd

Gamma Metroid

Postby ddddd » 09.26.10 9:58am

Thardus wrote:Prime Trilogy, Prime 2, Hypermode Difficulty, Dark Alpha Splinter, me thoroulghly embarresed -_-;

That guy has killed me too, he knows where Im going to jump >_<

Oh, I have a friend and once I let him play the frigate orpheon in trilogy. If I hadnt take the control he would have died against parasite queen .....

arau

Hatchling

Postby arau » 09.26.10 10:34pm

i played the first 2 thank to years of buying and playing games. but then they came out with the 3 in one (triligy) with jump ball made a few of the bosses easer. but frist time playing one prime 3. one of the seed bosses. (the one with the 4 red areas to shoot) i died a few times befor i figerd to shoot the hands and use hypermode when they glow. working on prime 3 hypermode. beat the first 2 all ready.
I was once asked, if your friend jumped jumped off a building, would you? I said yes, it would be there falt if they forgot there parachute.

Beccathestrange

Alpha Metroid

Postby Beccathestrange » 09.28.10 5:25am

Prime 2.Sanctuary Fortress.KICKING MY ASS.
goddamncyborgsandtheirspinnyattacksthatarehardtoavoidFUUUUUUUU

Sanctuary Fortress has to be my favorite area of the game, though. I just hate the enemies and suck at fighting them and I can't find my way around half the time.

CRtheMighty

Metroid Queen

Postby CRtheMighty » 09.28.10 2:36pm

Thardus wrote:I don't care who you are, losing to the first boss in any game is absolutely embarrasing
I know I've mentioned my difficulties with Rundas in Corruption. I must've died five times to him. On Normal. And didn't die once on any other boss in the game. -_-;
Metroids are not pets.
Metroids are not to be used for target practice.

Friends don't let friends massacre civilians, Jim.

PreviousNext

Return to Metroid Prime