What was your Favorite Beam in the Prime Series ?

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
metroidhunter183

Alpha Metroid

What was your Favorite Beam in the Prime Series ?

Postby metroidhunter183 » 12.10.10 6:30pm

Well the prime series had a lot of cool beams you could switch to, so i was wondering what beam seemed more popular in each series.

Beams From Metroid Prime:
Power Beam
Wave Beam
Ice Beam
Plasma Beam
Phazon Beam

Beams/Weapons From Hunters
Missile Launcher
Shock Coil
Imperialist
Battle Hammer
Magmaul
Judicator
Volt Driver

Beams From Echoes:
Power Beam
Dark Beam
Light Beam
Annillator Beam

Beams in Corruption:
Power Beam
Plasma Beam
Nova Beam
Hyper Mode
Last edited by metroidhunter183 on 02.15.11 10:24pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently playing: Metroid Prime Trilogy

metroidhunter183

Alpha Metroid

Re: What was your Favorite Beam in the Prime Series ?

Postby metroidhunter183 » 12.10.10 6:33pm

Well heres mine :)

Prime: Plasma z:)

Echoes: Annialator :cool:

Corruption: Hyper Mode :phazon: :dark:

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 12.10.10 7:13pm

Nothing can quite beat how the Ing melted away into photon particles every time you used the Light Beam.

Yeah, boring gun, but man oh man did it feel like you were doing damage.

Same with the Plasma beam.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 12.10.10 8:06pm

The Wave Beam. I just love the animation for it, and the way it shocks enemies is invaluable when you first get it. Plus, purple is pretty.
Suckers.

Azure Dragonius

Kraid

Postby Azure Dragonius » 12.10.10 8:28pm

Prime: Ice Beam. I can freeze these asses. Boo. Yah.

Echoes: Light Beam. BURN, FUCKERS, BURN!

Corruption: Nova Beam. X-Ray Visor plus Nova Beam equals zoh my God, I'm one-shotting these guys by shooting them in the head.
DEATH COMES RIDIN' ON A MIDNIGHT TRAIN

King Metroid

Hatchling

Postby King Metroid » 12.11.10 10:13am

The Wave beam. So pretty.

I'd really love to see Prime's rendition of the Wave beam in a future game.

Gamer-e

Zeta Metroid

Postby Gamer-e » 12.11.10 12:55pm

Dark Beam. I used it the most in Echoes. One charged shot plus a missile or two usually equals a dead enemy, even if they're Dark, just so long as they're possessed and not an actual Ing. Then there was the Darkburst, which creates an incredibly awesome looking black hole that sucks anything around it into an alternate dimension so long as they're not too large, a boss, or phasing between dimensions.

The Annihilator beam would be my second pick. Auto-homing normal shots and Sonic Boom looks pretty cool.

My third favorite would probably have to be the Wave Beam. I loved the homing ability of that beam and I think it did it regardless of whether or not it was charged. Also, like with the other two, I really like the way the Wavebuster looks when used. It also has an extremely long reach, could, home in on enemies, and stay locked on. Out of all of the Prime Charge Combos, I felt this one was the most lethal. On top of that, "Wavebuster" is really cool sounding to me for some reason.
"Work is for people who can't play video games." - Jillian Wiebe, "The King of Kong"

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 12.11.10 12:59pm

Prime:Ice beam. What is cooler than seeing your enemy disintegrate? Seeing your enemy shatter into thousands of tiny ice shards!

Didn't beat the other two yet.....
Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

At least from the perspective of the Space Pirates.

metroidhunter183

Alpha Metroid

Postby metroidhunter183 » 12.11.10 1:21pm

Dark Beam. I used it the most in Echoes. One charged shot plus a missile or two usually equals a dead enemy, even if they're Dark, just so long as they're possessed and not an actual Ing. Then there was the Darkburst, which creates an incredibly awesome looking black hole that sucks anything around it into an alternate dimension so long as they're not too large, a boss, or phasing between dimensions.

The Annihilator beam would be my second pick. Auto-homing normal shots and Sonic Boom looks pretty cool.

My third favorite would probably have to be the Wave Beam. I loved the homing ability of that beam and I think it did it regardless of whether or not it was charged. Also, like with the other two, I really like the way the Wavebuster looks when used. It also has an extremely long reach, could, home in on enemies, and stay locked on. Out of all of the Prime Charge Combos, I felt this one was the most lethal. On top of that, "Wavebuster" is really cool sounding to me for some reason.

Yeah its fun using the Wave Beam for enemies out of reach its sorta funny watching them getting electicuted. lol

Troid

Metroid Queen

Postby Troid » 12.11.10 1:53pm

Prime Plasma - burn baby burn. Plus the best cannon design.

I also like Light and Nova. What I'd really love, though, is an Ice Beam that's an actual beam. Like, Plasma Beam-style but ice.
Image Melissa Image

Gamer-e

Zeta Metroid

Postby Gamer-e » 12.11.10 1:57pm

Aside from the color of the beam itself, don't the Plasma and Annihilator share the exact same design?
"Work is for people who can't play video games." - Jillian Wiebe, "The King of Kong"

Maetch

Zeta Metroid

Postby Maetch » 12.11.10 2:39pm

Prime 1: Wave Beam
It's swift, tracks enemies, and has the most fun Charge Combo around. The Wavebuster almost reminds me of Ghostbusters when I use it (don't cross the streams!).

Prime 2: Annihilator Beam
There's a reason why they had to set this weapon for limited ammo. It's fast, powerful, enemy-seeking, and altogether cheap. Best use for it: amplifying a Light Beacon to turn it into a fatal Ing trap that they can't help but fall for, perfect for destroying those annoying Hunter Ing.

Prime 3: Nova Beam
Since the Beams are stack-type models instead of switch-types, there's really no options to pick from, but the Nova Beam is still a fun add-on. Makes killing Pirate Commandos a breeze with its one-hit headshot feature (but not in Hyper difficulty).

Hunters: Shock Coil
The game may be weak, but it still has "Prime" in the title, so it counts. Like with the Wavebuster, the Shock Coil is fun because you can get in close and deep-fry anything that ails you. No wonder the Federation made it illegal.
:metroid: = Ultimate Warrior
8) = Ultimate Warrior
Therefore, 8) = :metroid:

Now you know why they call it Metroid.

---

This is the song, written for the chase scene!
This is the song, Samus and James!
He tri-ied to kill me with a forklift! (Ole!)

Troid

Metroid Queen

Postby Troid » 12.11.10 4:03pm

Aside from the color of the beam itself, don't the Plasma and Annihilator share the exact same design?
Just the cannon.
Image Melissa Image

JeKartaN1

Mochtroid

Postby JeKartaN1 » 02.05.11 12:59pm

My Favorite beam in Prime was: Phazon Beam

My Favorite Beam in Echoes was: Dark Beam

My Favorite Beam in Corruption was: Nova Beam (w/ X-Ray Visor)

crazyal02

Metroid

Postby crazyal02 » 02.05.11 3:05pm

Prime: Plasma Beam. BURN, YOU CREATURES, BURN!!!
Prime Hunters: Shock Coil. Constant damage allows for easy kills. When fighting Gorea, I usually caused the most damage when it was vulnerable to the Shock Coil.
Prime 2 Echoes: Annihilator Beam. Why have just Light or Dark when you can have both!?
Prime 3 Corruption: Hyper mode. Phazon weaponry was only touched upon in the other 2 games, and neither Phazon nor Metroids in Hunters. Here though, you can really use Phazon as a potent weapon for most of the game!
Last edited by crazyal02 on 07.12.13 9:51am, edited 1 time in total.
Elephants capable of conquering earth? Vampire monkeys and crocodiles that shoot lasers out of their eyes? I think you've just created the most awesome post in the history of forever.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime