What was your Favorite Beam in the Prime Series ?

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Re: What was your Favorite Beam in the Prime Series ?

Postby Xandalf » 05.29.15 2:53pm

Just gonna throw this in here - I love how Trilogy made non-locked shooting easier, but locked shooting more difficult since it doesn't lock your beam on them only your camera. Gamecube version didn't have the best controls anyway, but they weren't extremely difficult to respond and really bad like the old Intellivision controls and such. Probably the only reason I'm bad at Intellivision games.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 05.29.15 3:34pm

Just gonna throw this in here - I love how Trilogy made non-locked shooting easier, but locked shooting more difficult since it doesn't lock your beam on them only your camera.
There's an option(I know it's there for Prime 1, haven't checked the others) where you can lock your aiming cursor on an enemy, yet also select visors and such while locked on using the Wiimote.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 05.29.15 3:42pm

Oh, I didn't notice that. Is it in the main menu for Trilogy? I would prefer it the no cannon lock, for more of a challenge. Maybe that'll change when I do my hypermode replays.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 05.29.15 3:47pm

Oh, I didn't notice that. Is it in the main menu for Trilogy? I would prefer it the no cannon lock, for more of a challenge. Maybe that'll change when I do my hypermode replays.
It's in the options of the individual games themselves. For example, if you want to lock your cannon in Prime 1, you need to start up your Prime 1 file and look for it in the options menu for Prime 1.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 05.29.15 4:05pm

Wow... I had the game for over twelve years and never noticed that. How does it work in the Gamecube version though?

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 05.29.15 4:54pm

It's not in the GCN version, there are lots of Trilogy-specific options like sensitivity. I prefer the free-look method, it gives you more options like locking to a large enemy to maintain awareness of its positioning while taking out weaker ones. In hindsight Wiimote controls sort of break the balance of the first two games.
Hello.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 05.29.15 4:57pm

Oh, sorry. The 'individual games' part kind of messed me up there. I thought he meant the games separately, in Original/Motion Control/Trilogy.

Inyo

Mochtroid

Postby Inyo » 08.02.15 12:25am

I really like the wave beam in MP1.

PhaazeWillRiseAgain

Mochtroid

Postby PhaazeWillRiseAgain » 10.03.15 12:57pm

For me personally, the ice beam felt great in prime with all of its cooler uses to freeze flamejets in magmoor or just wreckign frozen enemies with a follow up missile. :phazon:
Echoes' annihilator beam hands down. Surprisingly unique feeling in the Metroid series as well as just being fun to just spam it into everything. :darksuit:
Prime 3 favorite is the Nova beam. Another unique and new beam that had more to it than just killing space pirates. Loved being able to one shot powerful enemies with the nova being combo'd up with the x ray visor. :mp3:

Volans

Mochtroid

Postby Volans » 04.27.16 3:00pm

Prime: Phazon

Prime 2: Dark Beam

Prime 3: Haven't Completed Game Yet

superhuman7

Hatchling

Postby superhuman7 » 05.09.17 5:18pm

Wave beam is the best! It autolocks onto enemies like a missile does, and it has unlimited ammo! :D

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime