DAMN MUTANT EMPOROR ING HELP

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!

Moderator: Moderators

YamI

Metroid Queen

Re: DAMN MUTANT EMPOROR ING HELP

Postby YamI » 08.16.11 12:58pm

Um....Wow.

Dude, no offense or anything, but....You suck. If you can't beat Emperor Ing. He's the easiest boss in the game. You don't need to watch YTV's, or you fdon't need 100% items, even without 100% Items, I kicked it's ass. I'm doing a low% run soon, and I'm sure, I'll kick it's ass.

Just scan the damn thing, find it's weak point, and use Light beam on Dark, and Dark beam on Light. and Power beam on Red Energy.

Also, heads up, Emp. Ing, ain't the final boss. Dark Samus 3 & 4 are.

Angel of fire

Gamma Metroid

Postby Angel of fire » 08.16.11 1:19pm

InoFan1385 wrote:Um....Wow.

Dude, no offense or anything, but....You suck. If you can't beat Emperor Ing. He's the easiest boss in the game. You don't need to watch YTV's, or you fdon't need 100% items, even without 100% Items, I kicked it's ass. I'm doing a low% run soon, and I'm sure, I'll kick it's ass.

Just scan the damn thing, find it's weak point, and use Light beam on Dark, and Dark beam on Light. and Power beam on Red Energy.

Hehe, spoilers!
MZM Hard mode 15% status: Complete

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.16.11 1:26pm

Angel of fire wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:Um....Wow.

Hehe, spoilers!

lol, yeah,, I know, I just felt like making him have more to focus on....[spoiler]so he dies at Emp. Ing again, just for the lulz. :umad:[/spoiler]

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 08.16.11 3:06pm

Spamming Annihilator beam will help.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.16.11 3:45pm

Toxsyl wrote:Spamming Annihilator beam will help.

This. Annihilator is one of the strongest Prime series Beams, Behind Phazon, and Nova.

But I prefer to just Sonicboom its ass.

SageMage

Metroid

Postby SageMage » 08.16.11 10:26pm

It's gotta be one of the easiest bosses, if not.

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 08.17.11 2:44pm

InoFan1385 wrote:

This. Annihilator is one of the strongest Prime series Beams, Behind Phazon, and Nova.

Sonic boom never did anything really for me when I use it.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.17.11 9:54pm

Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:

I know, same for me. I just liked how it looked like you were spawning a warp tunnel.

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 08.18.11 12:48am

InoFan1385 wrote:
Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:

I know, same for me. I just liked how it looked like you were spawning a warp tunnel.

Darkburst was sexy.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.18.11 2:39am

Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:

Darkburst was sexy.

Jesus Christ, you make me laugh. That's what, the 5th time today? Give or take a little, ofc.

Sunburst was quite energetic if I do say so myself...

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 08.18.11 12:48pm

InoFan1385 wrote:
Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:

Darkburst was sexy.

Jesus Christ, you make me laugh. That's what, the 5th time today? Give or take a little, ofc.

For the Sunburst I always go "AHHHHHHHHH!" in a high note.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.18.11 5:53pm

Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
Toxsyl wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:

Darkburst was sexy.

For the Sunburst I always go "AHHHHHHHHH!" in a high note.
I would always Get Happy, shoot at something. Watch it go slow, then I'd go "Aww." in a dreadful voice.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.18.11 8:32pm

To InoFan and Toxsyl: quoting isn't exactly necessary when you're obviously replying to the integrity of the post right above yours. Because, y'know, you're wasting precious pixels of our screens. Not to mention you're off-topic. ;)

Fire Samus, were you able to beat Emperor Ing yet?
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 08.19.11 1:26pm

Emperor Ing protip bunnyhop on the 1st and 3rd forms.

Dryn

Zeta Metroid

Postby Dryn » 09.03.11 11:46am

It does not appear anyone helped you. I recently took the time to finally complete the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy by searching for the Sky Temple Keys and defeating the Emperor Ing and Dark Samus. (I've had this game since 2009, and I finally completed it. Pathetic.) I had only 96%, and this was on Hypermode difficulty. I was missing one Energy Tank because I just didn't care. This was the only thing I had to complete because I completed Normal, Veteran, and Hypermode difficulties for Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Anyway, what I am going to tell you is beneficial for Hypermode difficulty. Veteran and Normal modes don't need this strategy.

In the first battle, you will want to pay attention to the Phazon behind you. There are three locations that you can stand at to avoid stepping so far back that you come in contact with the Phazon and the Emperor Ing's tentacles. You will want to lock onto the tentacles and fire your missiles. When the tentacles gather together to charge that dark energy ball, do not stand and fire at the tentacles. Instead, use your Boost Ball to roll to the other safe location. When you reduce the number of tentacles, the Emperor Ing will take longer to charge his dark energy ball.

When the tentacles are removed, the Emperor Ing will expose its weak point, which is shielded. Use your Light Beam here and charge it up. Make every hit count because light energy is valuable. When you hit the Emperor Ing with the Light Beam, he will rotate the shielding in the opposite direction each time. Watch out for the laser as well. To avoid it, be sure to implement your side dashing, as Samus will leap over it. Continue this process until the Emperor Ing takes his second form.

In the second battle, you obviously will be using your Spider Ball. If you need to collect energy and missiles, get into a position where you won't get hit by the tentacles. Inglets will come your way, but you can kill them with bombs. Collect energy and missiles. I believe sometimes light energy will appear, so you can acquire those as well. When you feel you've stored up enough, you can begin defeating the second form. Try to kill two birds with one stone. In other words, kill two tentacles with a Power Bomb.

One of the things you need to be aware of while you're doing this, however, is that the gas below will raise when you destroy the tentacles. And, one of the other things you need to be aware of is that even if you don't destroy these tentacles, the gas will rise up every now and then, and then lower down. As you destroy more tentacles, though, I think the gas will eventually just remain very high, so you want to dispatch these tentacles methodically.

On the third battle, you want to preserve your light and dark energy so you can use the Annihilator Beam. The Emperor Ing will shift the colors of his "mouth." When it's orange, you need to destroy that in order for the "mouth" to turn white or purple. When it's white or purple, you can use rapidly fire your Annihilator Beam, but make sure you're not hitting the Emperor Ing's leg. When the Emperor Ing's "mouth" is orange, there are two ways you can effectively remove this.

In Hypermode, it will take two super missiles to make the Emperor Ing's "mouth" turn white or purple. The two ways you do this is when the Emperor Ing is just about to fire the light beams at you, or when he's going to jump or run at you. You can tell by his animation. Repeat this process until the Emperor Ing is dead. After that, you will fight Dark Samus, and if you still have light and dark energy for your Annihilator Beam, you can use this against Dark Samus. It'll do a fairly good amount of damage.

When Dark Samus begins to float up and surrounds herself with the Phazon energy, you just need to avoid her "missiles." You will notice that the Phazon energy surrounding her will expand in size, and it's at that point she will fire Phazon particles at you. You'll need to use your Charge Beam to absorb those, and then fire it at Dark Samus. She will do this two or three times. When she doesn't have the Phazon shield surrounding her, use a super missile to effectively cause her to bring up her Phazon shield again. This is especially useful in Hypermode difficulty, as it saves you time.

If you haven't defeated Emperor Ing, I hope this will help you.

Next

Return to Metroid Prime