Chozo Artifacts?

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Chozo Artifacts?

Postby Xandalf » 07.17.15 10:13am

I was playing some Metroid Prime earlier today, and I was collecting the Chozo Artifacts. Of course, I was using the hints it gave me to locate them. So when I was looking at the Artifact of Newborn, it said:
"Invaders mine the depths in their greed. Forge a path through a Tunnel of the Great Poison to claim the Artifact of Newborn."
And then there is these other artifacts.
"Invaders have claimed Phendrana as their own. A Tower sits atop their fortress. Collapse it to reveal the chamber where the Artifact of Elder is held."
"A room of Research lies within the mines. A corrupted invader is trapped there. Defeat this creature to claim the Artifact of Warrior."
My question is, how did the Chozo know this? The invaders and the Great Poison? Did they write these the second before they died? Or did the ghosts write it? Also, did the Space Pirates take the Artifacts and seal them away or something? I mean, the Chozo couldn't have just said, "Oh! And we could hide this artifact under the Phazon Elite! That ought to do the trick." It might have been stated how they did in the game but either I forgot it or didn't see it.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Chozo Artifacts?

Postby Xerkxes » 07.17.15 10:53am

One of the scans talks about the Chozo's ability "Distant Sight"
They can see into the future.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Distant_sight

It is however possibly the ghosts wrote stuff about the pirates, as only the "Worm" is referenced when they talk about Distant Sight, but still could have been predicted.

It's speculated by some that Samus' Sense Move ability from Other M is related to this.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 07.17.15 10:57am

Well that makes sense, but how did the artifacts get there? Did the Space Pirates steal them and stow them away?

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 07.17.15 12:14pm

Possibly?

The Pirates were looking for them. They had some idea that the shield around the Impact crater was related to the artifacts.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 07.17.15 12:17pm

So there's no real answer as to how some of the Artifacts got there? I think I know that one was placed in Magmoor Caverns as a test.
"The heat of Magmoor was a test for many warriors. A Shrine in their honor holds the Artifact of Strength."
But so far, that and the first Chozo artifact are the only ones I could imagine not being moved. As for the others, I have a feeling that this opens ways of theories.

Tim

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Tim » 07.17.15 9:23pm

The congregation of Artifacts that hold the Great Poison at bay still hold strong. Fearful of the potential within the Artifact Temple, the invaders known as Space Pirates tried to destroy it, only to fail in every attempt. We scattered the Artifacts across the planet for their protection, and only a few have fallen into invader hands. Failing to understand them, they now seek to unmake them. Again, they fail. They are right to fear these things. Great power sleeps inside them. Prophecy calls for their union, come the day that the unholy Worm is met by the great Defender. We can only hope the Artifacts are not destroyed by the invader, for then all will be lost. So, we do what we can to preserve the Artifacts, and to guide the Newborn to them. Time wanes with our souls, yet hope remains.
They really do read like they were written very recently, but to answer the question the Chozo hid them from the Space Pirates and the Pirates found three of them.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime