Pirate Dating System

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Re: Pirate Dating System

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 02.14.16 12:20am

Well in my opinion it sounds like you just want to be right but honestly, space pirates have never been race, and never will be, they conqure planets enlist strong aliens, sometimes other evil creatures join in, the "pirate homeworld" was probably where they got theyre start and it makes sense its polluted, full of machinery, it has acid rain, aged broken machines and elevators, some of the most vicious pirates in the series, compare them from prime 1, to 2, to 3, they went form being greenish to being gray then they looked more bug like in prime 3, they are obviously not all the same species.I mean bad guys dont have to be all the same race or whatever i mean look at many other games and even movies, there is always a mix of races in everything.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 02.14.16 6:17pm

I think we're all looking too deeply into this.
This is what fanbases do. z:P
I think the idea in the Primes is that the Space Pirates always were one race (and a few of their more powerful friends, e.g. Ridley), and that the only reason we saw multiple versions was because Retro continually wanted to change their choice of "evil humanoid alien" design.
Oh I agree. It's obvious they just wanted to change the designs up to remain fresh.

I just think the concept of Space Pirates being one race is weird when Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain and Kihunters have no equal in the organization (well, there's mini-Kraid I guess). But I know some areas in metroid canon (like Sakamoto) seemed to imply in Other M that the Space Pirates were indeed all one race and I find that really bizarre and I will likely never get used to it.

Anyways I'll drop the off-topic.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Rustedsoda

Alpha Metroid

Postby Rustedsoda » 02.16.16 7:13pm

It is said that Zebesians were specifically modified for survival on Planet Zebes... though their original incarnation doesn't look that much different.

janet.op

Alpha Metroid

Postby janet.op » 02.16.16 9:50pm

It is said that Zebesians were specifically modified for survival on Planet Zebes... though their original incarnation doesn't look that much different.
What did they look like? I've never found the answer to that question.

Rustedsoda

Alpha Metroid

Postby Rustedsoda » 02.18.16 7:52pm

Manga interprets them as basically the same but with less of a bionic appearance, and visible mouths.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 02.18.16 10:32pm

isnt the manga not canon to the games other than the backstory? also you guys have to remember a game series changes with time so they couold have originally been only one species and it changed with time too

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 03.03.16 9:50pm

So the Federation Force video gives some detailed info on the clock:

12:67:82:29

The last set of digits is seconds - or rather, 1/100 of a second if you pay attention to the Golem trailer. The timer increments after 100 ticks of the clock.

So if this logic holds, the other numbers are going to increment after 100 as well.

So that means 1:00:00:00 = 10,000 minutes, or 166 hours and 20 minutes, or approximately 7 days.

126,782 minutes = 2113.03 hours, or 88.04 days.

Note the entire system will reset after 69.44 days, which is an odd way of counting.

This is also completely different than the cycles system shown in the other Prime games, which is XX.XXX.X, so it isn't going to solve this problem.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Rustedsoda

Alpha Metroid

Postby Rustedsoda » 03.04.16 4:44pm

isnt the manga not canon to the games other than the backstory? also you guys have to remember a game series changes with time so they couold have originally been only one species and it changed with time too
Arguably more canon than Other M itself, but regardless: the Space Pirates have never been depicted otherwise, outside Metroid Prime's dubious canon. Even in Other M itself, only Zebesian pirates appear. It can be readily assumed that lobster claws and other strange traits like toes that curl upward were not bionic enhancements or necessities: just normal biology for a pirate. They could also shoot plasma out of their claws even before the modifications, but this may have been a previous mod.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 03.04.16 10:43pm

So on the subject of different varieties of Space Pirates...

It's kind of hard to tell because of the art style, but it looks like MP:FF is bringing back the Prime Pirate design. As if keeping track of things wasn't already tricky enough...
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.05.16 4:12pm

after samus decides to be the "Savior of the universe" the manga stops being canon, honestly though, they could be wearing guns over theyre claws like a glove to compensate for the lack of fingers.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime