Metroid prime 1/2 trilogy- upgrade mapping

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Millie girl

Mochtroid

Metroid prime 1/2 trilogy- upgrade mapping

Postby Millie girl » 10.21.15 5:23pm

I am currently playing metroid prime 1 trilogy and Was wondering if there was a map location system samus can activate to reveal all the locations of items such as missiles and energy tanks I forgot, like in MP3 when you use the chozo satellite. I want to 100% all items, this would be helpful as I may have to go back and revisit areas.

Apothem

Re: Metroid prime 1/2 trilogy- upgrade mapping

Postby Apothem » 10.21.15 5:35pm

Unfortunately no, there isn't such a feature for either game. That was exclusively a Prime 3 thing. Further frustrating is that none of the Prime games mark what you've already found leaving it up to memory to figure out what you're missing. Luckily, we here at the MDb have a rather exhaustive collections of maps for both Prime 1 and Prime 2 which'll show you exactly where everything is. If you're hung up on specifics and the maps aren't helping, each game has its own FAQ section as well.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 10.21.15 5:58pm

Off topic, but Prime would have benefited from a mechanic of being able to write notes in the separate rooms. Of course, I just had to use a notepad on my computer but still.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 10.21.15 10:43pm

Seriously. That seems so minor and superfluous but would help in so many games, especially Metroidvanias. For an entire genre largely dedicated to exploration and discovery to generally not offer any meaningful tools with which to chart and track progress is baffling. Drives me nuts, and on systems like the 3/DS and Wii/U there's no excuse. It'd be easy enough to mark with symbols or short notes with a controller, but a touch screen and/or pointer trivializes the process, to say nothing of a friggin' keyboard and mouse. At least some games will mark items you've obtained - or yet to obtain - on the map in some fashion, but that still doesn't tell you what exactly you've found and where making true completion a royal pain.

This is one of those things that should've been far more common place by now.

MerlinDrazziw

Hatchling

Postby MerlinDrazziw » 10.22.15 5:42am

Unfortunately no, there isn't such a feature for either game. That was exclusively a Prime 3 thing. Further frustrating is that none of the Prime games mark what you've already found leaving it up to memory to figure out what you're missing. Luckily, we here at the MDb have a rather exhaustive collections of maps for both Prime 1 and Prime 2 which'll show you exactly where everything is. If you're hung up on specifics and the maps aren't helping, each game has its own FAQ section as well.
Those maps sure helpt me finding the last 2 missile upgrades that kept eluding me when I replayed MP1 on Wii U earlier this year. Both were in Chozo Ruins and didn't have that sound you hear when passing an item. Only used a faq when I first played MP1 on NGC and was missing a lot of scans, don't know if I ever got 100% scans.
Grt. Merlin

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime