MP3 Leviathan timeline

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Millie girl

Mochtroid

MP3 Leviathan timeline

Postby Millie girl » 11.03.15 8:40pm

I was playing MP3 amd realized something about the storyline of the game. I know that dark samus sent 3 leviathans to the 3 planets (norion, bryyo, elysia) but were they all sent AT THE SAME TIME? At the start of the game, we witness the Norion meteor coming and everyone tries to stop it and samus succeeds.

I understand the pirate homeworld already had been hit ages ago, as it states in their lore

I then read all the bryyo lore once I scanned it all and the Bryyonians left their story behind saying how the female Primal, the Prophetess, saw visions of "a starborne" object coming for Bryyo. I'm assuming she was talking about the same one dark samus sent when she was aiming for all 3 planets at the start of the game's events.

After samus and the other hunters are attacked by dark samus, samus is in the infirmary on the Olympus for A MONTH to recover and learn about the phazon suit and all that. So...it took only a MONTH for the leviathan seed to corrupt Bryyo's inhabitants as well as affect Elysia?

Please clear me up on this, thanks :)

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: MP3 Leviathan timeline

Postby Xerkxes » 11.04.15 6:24am

Might be that unlike Tallon IV, where the core of the corruption was shielded off by the Chozo Temple, or Aether where the core seemed to be in Dark Aether, these other planets didn't have anything to slow the tide.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Millie girl

Mochtroid

Postby Millie girl » 11.04.15 10:34am

Maybe, but I was wondering about if the meteor that corrupted the bryyonians was the same leviathan the prophetess was talking about. in the story they talk about devolving to a less intelligent state. So this all happened in a month? when the prophetess left the lore text on the walls, the ones that samus scans, I guess that was left only a few weeks ago. same goes for Skytown. when the robots talk about their meteor crashing in their lore.

I was going to guess dark samus sent the leviathans to bryyo and elysia a long time ago, but why would she? If she was planning a phazon attack, it makes more sense to send them all at once so she could gain power faster.

metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 01.15.16 10:40pm

To answer the question yes the celestial body and the seed are the same. Unlike the seeds sent by dark samus with the help of a worm hole (which everyone seems to forget about) during prime 3 the seeds that hit Tallon and ather were sent a long time ago not just a year or so but like ... 50 or +100 years. [its known that where ever phazze is it is extremely far away]

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 02.12.16 2:12pm

According to the MPT manual, Phaaze fires a seed once every 100 years. Tallon IV was struck 50 years ago, and Aether at 'about the same time', and the Prime 3 logs state it was 'five decades ago'. Since there are two seeds arriving at the same time, the seeds must travel by a method other than wormholes.

http://www.metroid-database.com/mpt/mptbook2.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/928517-metr ... faqs/50012

By the time Prime 3 rolls around, Dark Samus has harnessed a Leviathan and opens up wormholes to Phaaze. She sends a Leviathan seed to the Pirate homeworld, then to Norion. She probably just found a way of growing Leviathans faster, or found ones already in transit.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 02.18.16 9:11pm

Well ... you're not wrong I said what you said but you just explained it a bit more in depth. Though I did end up missing that the natural time frame so thanks.

metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 02.18.16 9:31pm

I somehow missed this earlier but

Not necessarally mille. There events could have happened a very long time ago. proof? They were visited by the chozo long ago but it's said that there golden age didn't last long. One could argue the war lasted many many years But those who have visions are not limited to months The vision was assumingly years in the future. There is also no proof that when the federation found bryyo that it was inhabbited by intellegent life at the time of discovery and even hints there there wasn't.

Now in terms of the elylisia bots being corrupted ... AI, consciousness and phazon controlling that ... Or complete bull ... Yeah complete bull sounds about right.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime