Bizzare change in floor sceneary in hydra lab

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Bizzare change in floor sceneary in hydra lab

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 01.28.16 10:35am

I have played through metroid prime probably about 100 times at least now and in the hydra lab ive NEVER seen the floor being busted open with bars in it before...i am playing the metroid prime trilogy version and a while back i had gotten around to having a file with all 3 difficulties beat on all 3 games then i decided to play and i was like"what the hell? thats never been there before" and saw this.
Now im wondering, Do some in game scenary change when you've beatan all difficulties for all three games in one file And if so what else could have changed?
Attachments
Picture 35.jpg

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Re: Bizzare change in floor sceneary in hydra lab

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 01.28.16 10:43am

and since i cant post two images in one post, heres a looking down view from the platforms above. it looks like theres a cave down there... or that something forced a big hole there and like maybe they put bars there to keep it in there.
Attachments
Picture 36.jpg

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 01.29.16 12:19am

Huh. I've never seen that before in all my dozens and dozens of Prime playthroughs. However, I've only played the Trilogy version once, so it could have easily slipped by.

Is that supposed to be, perchance, the hole left behind when Metroid Prime escaped from the Space Pirates? I thought they wrote that plot point out in the Trilogy version.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 01.29.16 12:57am

It's moreso the fact that it 100% wasnt there, ive spent hundreds of hours between all my playthroughs of the games and that was NEVER EVER there, not once, and i even reset my game to see if it was there and it was still there, i must have triggered some unused data or something by accident.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 01.31.16 1:24pm

Looks like a bug to me.

Where you able to walk on it as normal?
It's hard to tell from the pick, did those bars look solid or like energy?

I thought they wrote that plot point out in the Trilogy version.
Even if they wrote it out, the physical game was pretty well left unchanged save for some balance issue and adding ONE attack to Ridley.

It could be though, it looks unfinished to me.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 01.31.16 2:59pm

yeah i could walk on it like it was solid, hell if i look straight down i could see a HUGE super deep cavern below the bars, i could walk on it all i wanted and it doesnt break...though im wondering if i shoot it if itel break..probably not though...but its just another example of possible unusused game stuff they didnt have time to use...like how theres several decorations in the chozo ruins that look like exit to morph ball puzzles but theyve been blocked off by bars and ordnates also, the cave underneath is textured properly so its actaul data not just a glitch

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 02.09.16 11:25pm

No one else finds this weird? I mean what if other metroid games had something like this we didnt even know about like..what if there is blocked off rooms in some games that if you somehow got into would be solid?

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 02.10.16 6:59am

Nope.
Almost all games have unused content, rooms, items, graphics, and other assets floating around the game's code or hidden just off the normally visible map. It's quite normal.

Metroid was actually a bit famous for it with the original game and it's "Secret Worlds", where if you managed to break out of the normal map you could find other versions of some areas that feel unfinished and some inescapable when entered.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 02.10.16 7:16am

Yeah but this is diffrent, sceneary doesnt just blatently change like that in a metroid game and stay changed even after resetting the game... its nuts that this hasnt happend to me in hundreds of playthroughs over 14 years untill now

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 02.10.16 5:06pm

I would like to check this out but I don't have Trilogy version.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 02.10.16 5:52pm

its not a secret world glitch for sure , secret worlds consists of unused data areas that trigger wheny ou somehow pass through the wall into them this...the whole floor is altered...as for how to reproduce it i have no idea it just happend on random and..if you have wii u its a download for 20...but its value for used finally droped on amazon, you could get one for 40 if you want the disc version.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 02.10.16 8:40pm

Yeah but this is diffrent, sceneary doesnt just blatently change like that in a metroid game and stay changed even after resetting the game... its nuts that this hasnt happend to me in hundreds of playthroughs over 14 years untill now
No, it's entirely what I'm talking about.

Glitches can be one in a million chances, in fact most of them are. and what you saw is likely just some scrapped graphics they just covered up instead of outright removed, and the one time you passed through then X Y and Z circumstances occured to bug out the visibility of the normal floor.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 02.10.16 9:21pm

I still think its pretty signifigant considering i havent had this happen in 14 years of playing the game

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.20.16 7:53am

Soo...my file that changed the floor in the hydra lab seems to have changed something in the pirate base too, in the phazon mines where you encounter your first elite pirate that you have to kill to get that force field down, there is now 4 grates with liquid phazon underneath them instead of a solid floor, the grates also look to be a much lower quality than the rest of the scenary too

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime