pirate home world in the same galaxy as federation system?

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Millie girl

Mochtroid

pirate home world in the same galaxy as federation system?

Postby Millie girl » 02.27.16 10:11pm

I was wondering this, as the Elysians state that it was in another galaxy when it got hit by the leviathan. On the map when you're in samus's ship, it shows the unknown solar system as the star nearby the fed system so i assume it's the next star over.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Re: pirate home world in the same galaxy as federation syste

Postby TheChosenOne » 02.27.16 11:03pm

I don't recall if any of the series canon ever established just how big the Galactic Federation is, but I know they didn't do so in the Primes. But it's fairly clear that the Corruption Pirate Homeworld lies outside the bounds of Federation territory (since it's marked off as "Unknown Solar System"). I always got the impression it was still in the same galaxy, and I'm pretty sure that's what Retro was aiming for, with the implication then being that Phaaze WAS located in a different galaxy. I don't believe there was ever any precedent to suggest that Galactic Federation ships were capable of traveling to other galaxies (though there's always been a bit of apparent confusion as to whether or not Samus is an "interstellar bounty hunter" or an "intergalactic bounty hunter", and there's a HUGE difference).

All-in-all, I believe the idea is that the Pirate homeworld lies well beyond Federation space, but still within the same galaxy.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 02.28.16 1:08am

I don't believe there was ever any precedent to suggest that Galactic Federation ships were capable of traveling to other galaxies
Metroid Prime Hunters Occurs in the "Tetra Galaxy".
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Millie girl

Mochtroid

Postby Millie girl » 02.28.16 1:19pm

Yes the MP3 pirate world.

In elysian lore they state "a phazon meteor struck a planet in a nearby galaxy" then later they detected the 3 that were aiming for the 3 main planets (bryyo elysia norion) yes it could mean any planet, but it makes sense to be pirate world b/c it fits the meteor strike timeline of when they all came. the pirates said "the first world to get hit was ours....etc etc) so it makes sense.

must be a mistake in the writing by a developer

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 02.28.16 5:59pm

I don't believe there was ever any precedent to suggest that Galactic Federation ships were capable of traveling to other galaxies
Metroid Prime Hunters Occurs in the "Tetra Galaxy".
Damn. I should have figured the one game I don't pay attention to would be the one to screw with everything I know.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 02.29.16 10:23pm

Damn. I should have figured the one game I don't pay attention to would be the one to screw with everything I know.
Lol.

Butcha, Prime Hunters implies that intergalactic travel is commonplace, as you can at least assume Samus, Sylux, and Weavel all came from the Milky Way to the Tetra galaxy, and back, in what is seemingly just their personal ships.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

crazyal02

Metroid

Postby crazyal02 » 03.04.16 9:12pm

'Course, Hunters' scale is generally way off from the rest of the series (Volt Driver with the energy to power whole cities, nuclear Battlehammer, etc).
Elephants capable of conquering earth? Vampire monkeys and crocodiles that shoot lasers out of their eyes? I think you've just created the most awesome post in the history of forever.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 03.05.16 5:42pm

'Course, Hunters' scale is generally way off from the rest of the series (Volt Driver with the energy to power whole cities, nuclear Battlehammer, etc).

Terawatt =/= raw power.
A common day earth lightning bolt generates "Multi-terawatts of power", but a human in civilian clothing can survive a lightning strike, if barely and with medical attention. Watts is a terrible way to base damage/strength unless it's accompanied by the duration of exposure. Given the Volt Driver seems to be quick and instatanious and not a prolonged stream or ability? It's quite possibly no more lethal than a lightning bolt, which I imagine was the point of it's description, it WAS basically comparing itself to a lightning bolt.

Even plasma is technically nuclear, or more accurately the waste/aftermath of nuclear fusion. It's obvious it's not generating the power of a nuclear bomb or anything. And can be correctly labeled as "Nuclear" as long as the "science" behind it involves atom nucleus manipulation (like fission or fusion) and has nothing to do with the scale or level of power used. Just because it has the "Nuclear" tag doesn't mean it's doing all that much damage or is automatically powerful.

Metroid in general is known for butchering sciences or using the wrong terms.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime