Blue material in phendrana drifts.

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Blue material in phendrana drifts.

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.02.16 2:44pm

So i am replaying metroid prime again and once again i noticed theres a weird blue colored material on the walls..its almost Teal in color even, Im wondering if its phazon or not but...it looks to more water like properties...maybe its really weak phazon? it seems like if phazon is very weak its greenish? what do you guys think?

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Blue material in phendrana drifts.

Postby Zynux » 03.02.16 5:38pm

Got a screencap? I don't know what you mean but I probably thought it was just really poor Ice.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.02.16 6:43pm

Screenshot is the word your looking for, and not off hand, its that greenish colored stuff on the way to the gravity suit somewhere past the hunter metroid.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 03.02.16 11:36pm

I've often said that if you were to drop me anywhere in the Tallon IV environments, I'd know where I was, be able to explain everything there, and be able to navigate out, given proper equipment. I only say this so you know how much it pains me to say I don't know what you're talking about. Not specifically, anyway.

However, I know the area has a lot of ice formations lining the walls and ceilings. I believe there are some luminescent materials inlaid in a few walls, as well. I never got the impression anything in that area was a version of Phazon - more just some other alien material. It's really nothing I ever thought about. I suppose, though, that it's not an unreasonable hypothesis. For example, I think the luminous fungi you run into in the Tallon Overworld are supposed to be lightly Phazonized, so perhaps some of the ice in Phendrana has a diluted Phazon residue in it, as well. There's a specific stalactite ice formation that contains numerous volcanic minerals, so why not Phazon?

I'm a couple hours from there in my current save file. I'll report back. Don't worry, everyone! I'll save you! :mb_gravity:
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.03.16 12:42am

no idea what your going on about, but its in a room in phendrana drifts that has a save station around the gravity chamber, it might be a room over or so but its in that general area, theres some moving stuff inside the walls that has bubbles and it glows and its greenish.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 03.03.16 12:55am

Okay, I stepped in there and now I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. Room after room through the Underground Lakes area - Hunter Cave, Frost Cave, Gravity Chamber, Gravity Access - lining walls and ceilings. You get sections of rock, then a section of rock is cut away, and inside the cutaway is that bluish material. From an artistic standpoint, clearly, it's meant to serve as a believable subterranean light source (even though the lighting in the area isn't teal-colored). I won't discount the possibility of Phazon residue being involved, but I don't feel like that's the idea. I think it's meant more as glacial ice (but something more motile and "alien") with sunlight shining through it from outside like a stained-glass window. What I find interesting is that if you shoot it, you can see that it's actually layered - the impact appears behind a gray haze that overlays the blue material.

As I say, I won't discount the idea of Phazon, but I somehow don't think it was specifically meant to suggest it. Just the artists being artsy and making a pretty ethereal pattern.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.03.16 1:33am

Actually what i saw has some tealish coloring and bubbles behind it.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 03.03.16 11:30pm

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime