Beam troopers...

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Beam troopers...

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.20.16 6:39am

Even when i was 12 when the game came out it bugged me quite a bit that the beam troopers didn't actually use the beams they"Reverse engineered" anyone else disappointed with that as well?

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Beam troopers...

Postby Xerkxes » 03.20.16 8:07am

I thought this was changed in the later versions?

Like they have a chance to cause status ailments.

Ice: Chance to Freeze
Plasma: Chance to Burn
Wave: Chance to Stun.
Power: Increased rate of fire.

For the moment the only one I know is confirmed is the increased rate of fire from the power troopers... I'll have to see If I still have a save file and go back and test the rest though.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.20.16 8:31am

No, it was never changed in any version of the game, they all basically have the power beam and the only diffrence between the troopers is what your able to kill them with and how much damage they do

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 03.20.16 11:03pm

Well, it does say that they aren't as effective as the originals. Maybe that's just a considerable understatement. The actual freeze/fire/electrical effects aren't noticeable in the weaker form, and the end result is just general energy-based damage. I suppose we could also decide to argue that Samus's suit negates the peripheral effects as a way of preventing her from becoming incapacitated - i.e., dispersing electrical effects to prevent static or shorts, diverting the freeze effect to keep her mobile - and that the result of that action is a slightly increased energy drain.

We're fans of a sci-fi franchise. We can find a way to explain this. That's basically our job. ;)
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.20.16 11:46pm

Nope, in other games shes freezeable and you couold set her on fire or electricute her suit to mess with her visor, in fact you could do some of that IN prime 1, im guessing they didnt have enough disc space to do it or soemthing since they were small

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 03.21.16 9:23pm

Nope, in other games shes freezeable and you couold set her on fire or electricute her suit to mess with her visor, in fact you could do some of that IN prime 1, im guessing they didnt have enough disc space to do it or soemthing since they were small
No, I realize that. I'm not saying it can't ever be done, just that maybe the trooper weapons are incapable of it.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.22.16 7:35am

True..but nintendo could have at least reskinned them to be the apropriate colors, then the whole" not as powerful as your chozo originals but still quite potent " thing would make more sense.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime