Dark ridley theme

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Dark ridley theme

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.10.16 8:54pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej5jfinT2gg found an unused dark ridley theme from prime 2, person who posted it said it was ripped from the demo version, To me it sounds like they combined the ING music with ridleys, slowed it down and remixed it to sound dark. what do you guys think?

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Dark ridley theme

Postby Zynux » 04.10.16 10:41pm

Yeah it's been posted before elsewhere. It's pretty much a slowed version of Meta Ridley's theme I believe.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.10.16 10:50pm

I posted it inside a related thread but to me it sounds like they did more than slowed it

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 04.11.16 12:07am

Speed it up 2x on that Youtube video and you can hear how similar it is.

Differences I notice is the main melody is much deeper and the song itself has a slightly different percussion.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.11.16 1:28am

Well being unused it could have been unfinished, besides it really does sound like they tried to combine the ing theme with it

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 04.11.16 6:07am

Oh it's definitely unfinished, there is no way that would be the final, it seems like is was sloppily put together.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.11.16 7:53pm

Someone said they ripped it straight from the actual demo, maybe one of the older versions had it? i know even demos get updated

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime