Prime Hunters using FPS style controls (Joypad &twin analog)

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
craigrobbo

Alpha Metroid

Prime Hunters using FPS style controls (Joypad &twin analog)

Postby craigrobbo » 05.30.16 5:03pm

So I havefinally found a decent way to play Hunters, I have always quite liked this game but put off mainly due to its bad control scheme...

A few of you guys may have seen my posts wanting to play hunters through again. Not owning a ds and not wanting to buy due to the horrible control scheme I have been trying to find a way.

I have finally found a way to play it using a standard fps layout using a madcatz android controller !

Now it's not perfect but as close to. Drastic emulator doesn't support triggers as buttons so I have to use r1 as shoot rather than r2 which has is normal for fps.
Secondary is it takes some getting used to switching between screens for missiles and beams a macro feature would be good here

Any way I am shy on videos so don't talk but you can see clearly

If you cant get past a boss, throw the pad at the screen as hard as you can. That will kill it!!

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Prime Hunters using FPS style controls (Joypad &twin ana

Postby Zynux » 05.30.16 10:19pm

Would have been great fun to have this control scheme instead of the stylus controls. Trying to play Hunters without stylus was too imprecise to be optimal.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Apothem

Re: Prime Hunters using FPS style controls (Joypad &twin ana

Postby Apothem » 05.30.16 11:32pm

The DeSmuME emulator on PC is great for Hunters as well. Using a controller would be tricky and convoluted as you can't directly map touchscreen functions to it. but you can closely approximate conventional keyboard & mouse controls rather well. It actually makes the game (almost) fun.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime