corruption question

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

corruption question

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 01.06.17 8:39pm

How many energy tanks does one need to beat the final boss in corruption considering the whole atmosphere slowly kills you thing.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Re: corruption question

Postby TheChosenOne » 01.07.17 12:43pm

How many energy tanks does one need to beat the final boss in corruption considering the whole atmosphere slowly kills you thing.
It's hard to say since using your weapons (especially the grapple) drains your level of corruption. You can't exactly sit there mashing A to stave it off since the rate of gain is generally higher than the rate of loss, but it does affect things to some degree. And obviously, if you don't get hit by any enemy attacks, you can last longer.

I'm not sure this is something that's been calculated, but I'm sure there are minimalist runs that have been made running on as few Energy Tanks as possible. I'm not sure it's possible with just one, or if it's even possible to collect only one. An interesting question, though I'm sure sequence breakers have given this scenario a bit of exploration.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 01.13.17 9:37pm

This (assuming you're right) confirms my suspicions about expelling phazon slows the gain of it. Thanks for responding

MetroidRobotMaster

Mochtroid

Postby MetroidRobotMaster » 02.10.17 3:19pm

I had the same question some time ago, this is the new answer. :!:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption • 15% Hyper Completion (Part 13) by DCR [dcrgamersrl]
19:25/23:44 (before to entering Phaaze) https://youtu.be/Ho6uOxHjKHI?t=1165
This category completes the game with only 15% item collection. The lowest possible item percent possible to beat the game without any skips is 25%.
Collected:
-Missile Launcher
-1 Energy Tank
-Grapple Lasso
-PED Suit
-Boost Ball
-Plasma Beam
-Screw Attack
-1 Energy Cell
-Seeker Missile
-1 Ship Missile Expansion
-Hyper Missile