Metroid prime 2 power bomb beam combo logbook entries found

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Metroid prime 2 power bomb beam combo logbook entries found

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.20.17 3:31am

Hey guys, I was browsing unused game data videos for metroid games and found this video that has detailed descriptions of the unusued bomb combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcyogsHbSMo

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Re: Metroid prime 2 power bomb beam combo logbook entries fo

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 04.29.17 1:00pm

That's pretty cool. So, I guess technically speaking, the annihilator bomb would be an anti-matter bomb.

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 04.29.17 1:19pm

I would kind of like to have seen some bomb combos in the Prime games (or any Metroid game, I guess). It would be interesting to see the capabilities of the Morph Ball vary parallel to the beams. Maybe if there had been a longer development schedule for Echoes they would have worked it into the design. I'd guess it was more a question of whether it was considered too much for the player to have to deal with.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 05.04.17 8:20am

I'd guess it was more a question of whether it was considered too much for the player to have to deal with.
Probably a development thing.

The combo abilities in Metroid Prime, with exception of the Super Missile, have always been optional abilities that you don't need or have to find.
I think they might have been dropped because between the Missile combos already being just "Big booms", having more "Big booms" didn't feel worth the effort.

Shame either way, 'cause the bomb combos sounded cooler in functionality than the missile ones.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime