Metroid Prime Trilogy Collection - Thoughts and Impressions!

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Metroid Prime Trilogy Collection - Thoughts and Impressions!

Postby CapCom » 05.31.08 8:59am

N-Europe has a rumor that Metroid Prime Trilogy will be re-released for the Wii using Prime 3 controls in a single (hopefully more affordable) pack. Bear in mind that Nintendo (or maybe it was IGN...) had speculated that classic Gamecube games would be re-released with updated Wii controls, so you'd have titles like Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, and Smash Bros. Melee released as budget titles. However, after the system's launch, all talk of this went away.

I'm going to wonder though if they'll retcon or clear up some things in the first two games to make the whole series consistent. Goodness knows we've got a long enough post on this in the Prime section (and this conversation has been going on since the FIRST Prime came out).

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11753

Update: 3/17/11 - I changed the title of this post to 'Metroid Prime Trilogy Collection' because 're-release' is misleading - sounds like the collection has been republished when it hasn't.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 05.31.08 9:02am

I've actually seen this idea mentioned in an interview with Retro studios a few months back. The interviewer suggested it, and Retro seemed pretty excited about the prospect. They said they might do it.

Silver Skree

Anonymous

Postby Silver Skree » 05.31.08 9:19am

whoo, I'll be damned if i don't sell my primes when the trilogy comes out.

and, don't ruin it for me, I'm counting on a when...

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 05.31.08 11:01am

I'd buy it, but I'd hope they'd up the ante on the enemy attack patterns to compensate for the easier control scheme.

Imagine and Emperor Ing that can break your lock-on...

That's a 30 minute boss fight right there.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

MAZZ0Murder

Zeta Metroid

Postby MAZZ0Murder » 05.31.08 5:42pm

Sounds like I may have developed an interest right on time...but rumors are rumors

Silver Skree

Anonymous

Postby Silver Skree » 05.31.08 5:49pm

yo, downsize the banner please.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 05.31.08 6:07pm

Well, would Prime 3 be included in the deal? Or just Prime 1 and Echoes?

I already have Prime 3...
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 05.31.08 7:31pm

Emperor Ing wrote:Well, would Prime 3 be included in the deal? Or just Prime 1 and Echoes?

I already have Prime 3...

Yeah, it would be kind of lame to have to pay for two identical copies of 3.

Silver Skree

Anonymous

Postby Silver Skree » 05.31.08 7:49pm

well it said trilogy so i'm guessing 1 2 and 3. oh well, just keep the copy you already have and X years latre, when that stuff is considered old, sell it!

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 06.01.08 4:05am

Will it be a single disk with the three games? Or one Trilogy box like the Star Wars movies?

Plus, I don't think they need to re-release Melee.The only thing it has that Brawl doesn't is a few characters, and GCN controllers are th best, so just put your Melee GCN disk in your Wii.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 06.01.08 8:11am

gameplay is different in Melee. The producer (i think it was him) in last months Nintendo Power even stated that gameplay was different for the wii.

If you haven't noticed, the wii controls are MUCH slower then the gamecube and this was done on purpose. The reaction time of our characters are slow so that we could enjoy more time in the air for aerial moves where as the Gamecube played on speed and for the most part "button mashing".

I found that I kick ass on the Gamecube because I can react faster to attacks but put me on the wii and the slowing down of falling, reacting and other moves are slower.

So if they were to re-release Melee, you would probably see a difference.
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 06.01.08 12:14pm

Just play a fast high-gravity Brawl to make it similar to Melee.(Even though it's still not the same thing)

But what exactly did you mean, that a re-release for Melee would have Brawl's speed and etc.? Or the actual Melee ones? If the latter, I stick to the idea of putting your GCN Melee disk in your Wii.

And in Smash, it's not called "button mashing", it's "button smashing". :wink:

BTW, does anyone know how many GBs did the GCN's disks have?
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 06.01.08 1:01pm

Yeah, there is really no point of re-releasing Melee when the Wii is backwards-compatible. The only thing they could do is add online and Wii remote controls. Hardly worth it.

AMetroidGuy

Super Metroid

Postby AMetroidGuy » 06.01.08 9:38pm

Lord Darth Naner wrote:BTW, does anyone know how many GBs did the GCN's disks have?
According to Wikipedia, 1.5. The Wii’s discs are 4.7/8.5. Presumably the latter figure refers to dual-layer discs.
AMETROIDGUY: The Bitch Is Back.( Sometimes.)
Thanks for making me love proper grammar & hate most people on the Internet. :P
OhThatEthanMiguel/AKAGamerGuy/NintendoGaymer around the web. Follow/subscribe! Also: G+ tumblr LJ
FCs
My blog, Don't Read This Yet! .net( a.k.a. DRTYnet)

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 06.02.08 10:43am

AMetroidGuy wrote:
Lord Darth Naner wrote:BTW, does anyone know how many GBs did the GCN's disks have?
According to Wikipedia, 1.5. The Wii’s discs are 4.7/8.5. Presumably the latter figure refers to dual-layer discs.

Yes, 8.5 GB are dual-layer disks(only Brawl until now).

So they can put seven or eight GCN games in one dual-layered Wii disk! But... weren't there any dual-layered GCN disks, raising the capacity to around 2.7 GB?
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime