Metroid Prime Trilogy Collection - Thoughts and Impressions!

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!
Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Metroid Prime Trilogy Collection - Thoughts and Impressi

Postby Xerkxes » 06.20.14 2:55pm

Now, Imagine that with the Wiimote and proper/fixed HUD.

That be the way to one-up Prime 3's controls.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 06.23.15 5:14pm

Earlier this year (I don't remember the month, might have been early February or mid/late January) I downloaded Metroid Prime Trilogy. What can I say? Getting that was one of the best decisions I made in my life and it only costed twenty bucks. :thumbsup:

From 2002 to 2014 I had three Metroid games - Prime, Fusion, and the original Metroid which came with Prime. Uhh that was it. I've always really big Metroid fan actually. Those three entertained me for 12 years . . . even though the original Metroid in Prime wasn't discovered until after a while.
But last Christmas I put Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for the GameCube on my wishlist. I might have been the only person wishing for a GameCube game for Christmas last year. Alas I didn't get it. But then I realized I should be glad I didn't get it. I think I saw a YouTube comment on one of the Metroid extended themes I watch saying Metroid Prime Trilogy was on the Wii U VC. Then I bought it and like I said - getting that was one of the best decisions I made in my life.

I played Metroid Prime 2 first, then 3, and I'm currently replaying 1 on Trilogy. I was skeptical because the controls looked difficult to aim, but those are actually some really smooth controls. I heard by many that Prime 2 was the worst, so I was worried about that when I played it but honestly I almost think it's my favorite. Prime 2 without a doubt it one of (What I consider) the most underrated games I know of.
Prime 3 was awesome too. Ehh like I said before something in that game just isn't right. But it's still extremely well-made, gotta love that music... especially Rundas' theme. The atmospheres were nice too. Elysia was so calm except for when you throw your controller at the screen after going around in circles for half an hour. Other than that it was great fun.
Of course I already played Prime 1. I don't know much else to say than it's great to replay one of my favorites with better and smoother controls.

All in all it's a collection of 3 of the most amazing games ever. <3
Last edited by Xandalf on 06.24.15 11:24am, edited 1 time in total.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 06.24.15 3:32am

I completely agree. It came out either on the same day or around the same time as Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I passed over that game to get the Trilogy even though I had played through it all. The steel book case and artwork plus the new controls made it super worth it.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 06.24.15 5:56am

I heard by many that Prime 2 was the worst, so I was worried about that when I played it but honestly I almost think it's my favorite. Prime 2 without a doubt it one of (What I consider) the most underrated games I know of.
Prime 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I don't think the whole light and dark world mechanic deal has been done in any other game at the time and although it was super unusual since you're fighting literal evil and you go into light and dark dimensions I love it. I love each Prime because they all incorporate an almost different style and mechanic in every game. Prime 1 was the normal Metroid experience, you go and get upgrades and beat up bosses while searching for extra missiles and take in the beautiful 3D scenery. Prime 2 brought in ammo, light and dark world, light and dark enemies, and entirely new upgrades never seen before in addition to old familiar ones. I also enjoyed having to fight a foe using Samus' power. Prime 3 brought in weapon stacking like the 2D Metroids as well as a ship command system. There's more stuff that I'm missing but I just really love Metroid for always finding some way to be so darn fun.

Return to “%s” Metroid Prime