Miyamoto on Wii U: Perfect for Metroid

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
MelancholySpork

Egg

Miyamoto on Wii U: Perfect for Metroid

Postby MelancholySpork » 07.08.12 6:16pm

I don't know if this is the place for reporting Metroid-related news, but this is pretty noteworthy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/06/ ... d-on-wii-u

Basically, Miyamoto specified that the Metroid series is well suited for the Wii U's features. He also went on to say that he wants to see another Star Fox game, although he didn't give any real reason why.

It's not exactly enough to get your panties in a bunch, but it's still an extremely good sign that Nintendo hasn't forgotten about Metroid. After all, Retro Studios is apparently "too busy" to work on a Zelda game (according to another article from IGN) and wasn't ready for E3. Additionally, consider that Nintendo's been revealing most of the big news after E3. Who knows? There may be hope.
Currently playing: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Miyamoto on Wii U: Perfect for Metroid

Postby Infinity's End » 07.09.12 10:35am

Please try reading the front page more closely. :/
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 11.05.12 4:49pm

Read this on neogaf. Someone asked Miyamoto about Metroid again:
Not a confirmation or anything but here's what he answered to the question: what do you see for the Metroid franchise on Wii U: something like Metroid Prime, Metroid Other M or a third way?
Since Wii U is a HD console with more hardware power, what we can naturally think about is a beautiful HD action game (Huge smile, meaning he won't say more).
The source is a french gaming website (Link). He also said that his ideas for Metroid could be found in Metroid Blast (Maybe? I'm going off Google translate here)

There's also a bunch of cool stuff about Zelda in that interview (and some uncool stuff about F-Zero...)

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 11.05.12 6:17pm

inb4 Metroid 5

My post-Other M pessimism is really making me itch...

*sigh* ... Well, there's not much to go by from this. The WiiU had been in development since when again? In any case, there are sure to be at least a handful of ideas for the new Metroid game put on Nintendo's table already. How involved will Mr. Miyamoto be in the new Metroid project?
As for when it will be released, they can take all the time they need for it, just as long as it will redeem the series. Something to really wash down the bad taste Other M left in some of our mouths and finally let the memory fade away.

Daya

Gamma Metroid

Postby Daya » 11.05.12 6:53pm

Since Wii U is a HD console with more hardware power, what we can naturally think about is a beautiful HD action game (Huge smile, meaning he won't say more).

How about a beautiful HD Metroid game?

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 11.06.12 5:42am

I posted about it at Shinesparkers yesterday. Seems like a very interesting reaction from Shiggy. After what Scott Moffit said just a month earlier, it seems quite reasonable to assume that Metroid Blast may be using some concepts that we'll see in the next Metroid game. Possibly the third-person perspective or the controllable gunship.

Though of course, we can't take anything for certain unless it comes from Sakamoto. Until anyone says otherwise, he's the one in charge of the series.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion