Wii U - Metroid Blast

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
James Pierce

MDB Staff - Editor

Wii U - Metroid Blast

Postby James Pierce » 09.07.12 6:09pm

New game for the Nintendo themed game NintendoLand.

Metroid Blast - Join forces with friends to take on familiar foes from the Metroid universe. Based on the shooting game from E32011. Another mode, like the original demo features one player piloting Samus's ship, and players on the ground trying to destroy it.

Credits: http://www.consolewars.de/messageboard/ ... ost4307878

SLtheFMA

Gamma Metroid

Re: Wii U - Metroid Blast

Postby SLtheFMA » 09.07.12 8:53pm

I can't say if I like this or not?
ImageImage

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 09.07.12 10:01pm

I knew that "demo" was going to turn into a game.
It was pretty obvious!
Nice to know that we can finally control her ship, even though its in a mini game!

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 09.08.12 1:14am

Hey, that looks like it could be a blast...

Alright, I'm done here. Carry on.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 09.08.12 8:49am

I hope the guy playing as the ship can pick up other players and drop them into pits.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.08.12 2:20pm

When I play I call the Armstrong Houston armor. It's mine. No one else can use it.
I hope the guy playing as the ship can pick up other players and drop them into pits.
Oh I hope so too.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Robotnik

Metroid

Postby Robotnik » 09.08.12 2:53pm

Also there is apparently a mechanical toy Kraid that the on-foot players can use the grapple beam on, presumably in the same style as the mechanical toy Kraid in the hub world...Starting to get excite...
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 better not suck...It just can't suck...

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 09.08.12 8:51pm

Headline has been posted. I'm putting this in Gen. Metroid and leaving a shadow topic.
This would have been posted way earlier but the rest of the news staff seems to be completely AWOL and I have to pick up their slack. And I just got back from a long trip as well. x_x
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Aiddon

Metroid

Postby Aiddon » 09.08.12 11:54pm

I noticed two of the suits have the Gravity Suit and Fusion Suit color schemes. Also, the suits seem to take their overall design from Other M. Just something I noticed.

Anyway, the game looks like it might be a fun party game along with the rest of Nintendo Land.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.09.12 12:53am

Looks like it would be fun. I'd give it a shot if this Nintendoland game is included with the WiiU. I wouldn't buy it separately. (eyes username, notices I still haven't even tried Link's Crossbow Training)
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 09.09.12 9:59am

If Nintendoland isn't a WiiU pack-in, then they're shooing themselves in the foot. Non-pack-in-consoles do not sell as well on launch.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 09.09.12 10:10am

Stages look nice and dark. That'll give a somewhat accurate impression of the series, right? Best case scenario, this game would be inclusive with the console and many potential fans who would like the any aspects one could love about Metroid such as atmosphere and exploration would end up joining the fanbase.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.09.12 10:26am

If Nintendoland isn't a WiiU pack-in, then they're shooing themselves in the foot. Non-pack-in-consoles do not sell as well on launch.
Exactly.
Stages look nice and dark. That'll give a somewhat accurate impression of the series, right? Best case scenario, this game would be inclusive with the console and many potential fans who would like the any aspects one could love about Metroid such as atmosphere and exploration would end up joining the fanbase.
I hope this picks up a few new fans. Series could always use more support...
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Robotnik

Metroid

Postby Robotnik » 09.09.12 4:40pm

The more I look at this Nintendo Land thing, the more brilliant of a scheme it appears. What better way to introduce people to Nintendo franchises than by a bunch of mini-games that both demonstrate the Wii U's power, as well as at least give an inkling of how these games work. Using Miiverse, perhaps Nintendo can monitor which ones people play the most, and use that information to perhaps revive a few franchises. Inevitably, it will draw at least a portion of the casual audience to the more hardcore games, thus increasing sales.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 better not suck...It just can't suck...

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 09.09.12 4:40pm

Quick question. Is it true that all of Nintendo's internal studios are each working on a different minigame?

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion