Is Anyone Else's Wii U Collecting Dust?

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
BeingAdamMalkovich

Metroid

Is Anyone Else's Wii U Collecting Dust?

Postby BeingAdamMalkovich » 09.09.13 9:02am

I know mine sure is. Last time I played it was months ago when I downloaded Kirby's Dreamland 3 since I'd never played it before haha. If not, what games are you guys playing?

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Is Anyone Else's Wii U Collecting Dust?

Postby Xerkxes » 09.09.13 8:23pm

Mine is too.

on the storeshelf which I've yet to purchase it from.
It's enevitable that I'll get one, just waiting on nintendo to fix it's one issue.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.09.13 8:31pm

I know mine sure is. Last time I played it was months ago when I downloaded Kirby's Dreamland 3 since I'd never played it before haha. If not, what games are you guys playing?
Pikmin 3 is a fantastic game and a great reason to own the system.

Rayman Legends is out, and the WiiU version is apparently the best of the bunch.

Wonderful 101 is out next week.

If you haven't downloaded Earthbound, there's something wrong with you.

So basically... nope, not collecting dust at all.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

BeingAdamMalkovich

Metroid

Postby BeingAdamMalkovich » 09.09.13 8:58pm

Pikmin 3 is a fantastic game and a great reason to own the system.

Rayman Legends is out, and the WiiU version is apparently the best of the bunch.

Wonderful 101 is out next week.

If you haven't downloaded Earthbound, there's something wrong with you.

So basically... nope, not collecting dust at all.
Shoot I need to download Earthbound. I was one of those people crying bloody murder since Nintendo dragged their feet on releasing it to the virtual console and yet I didn't buy it when it finally came out! o_O

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.09.13 10:13pm

How dare you. Lol.

It's a great game, and totally worth the price.

You should look into the other retail games I listed as well
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

ultraviolet

Metroid

Postby ultraviolet » 09.15.13 2:22pm

Don't have a Wii U - not much incentive yet... It's collecting dust in the shops. XD
Gigantic, overwhelmingly powerful, impossible to beat villain? I think everyone but Samus Aran would just run.

BeingAdamMalkovich

Metroid

Postby BeingAdamMalkovich » 09.15.13 2:36pm

Don't have a Wii U - not much incentive yet... It's collecting dust in the shops. XD
Thats fo sho

LuigiandMetroidfan20

Metroid

Postby LuigiandMetroidfan20 » 09.27.13 10:19pm

Yes, but only because I haven't dusted it. (Literal answer).

No, because I continue the play the only 4 games I have for it: Nintendo Land, Darksiders II, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, and the Amazing Spider-man: Ultimate Edition. I severely wish I had more funds so my collection wasn't so pitifully small (and so I could download Earthbound). Unfortunately, I also happen to be one of the few people on the planet Earth living in a heavily modern society without an HD tv, which due to the problems of playing an HD game system on a SD telvision, makes everything all the more painful. Thankfully I still have off-tv play to rely on. (Honest answer).
Opinions are opinions, not facts. Though, everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. Even Metroids and Ridley, the unkillable beast.
Viva Les Alpha et Omega Metroids.
Kraid should be brought back, he needs some good 'ol Metroid love.

BeingAdamMalkovich

Metroid

Postby BeingAdamMalkovich » 09.28.13 8:39am

I have to say, for a Wii U owner I'm in the minority in terms of the play time I have for it haha. You guys make a good point that there are really good games for it. I mean I hate following EXACTLY what a reviewer might say, but how good would you say the Wonderful 101 is?

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.28.13 8:50am

I enjoyed the demo. It seems like a solid B game.

DarkPhazonElite

Zeta Metroid

Postby DarkPhazonElite » 11.16.13 2:17am

Nope! I'm a regular on Miiverse and an up and coming artist on there. I've also got some awesome friends on there now. I fucking love Art Academy. ^_^ (I drew my sig and avatar ;)) I also finally got Wind Waker HD and of course I constantly use Wii mode. :D

BeingAdamMalkovich

Metroid

Postby BeingAdamMalkovich » 11.16.13 9:51am

Nope! I'm a regular on Miiverse and an up and coming artist on there. I've also got some awesome friends on there now. I fucking love Art Academy. ^_^ (I drew my sig and avatar ;)) I also finally got Wind Waker HD and of course I constantly use Wii mode. :D
While the system doesnt seem to be doing much for me, it's great to hear that others are really enjoying it.

Bocuma

Alpha Metroid

Postby Bocuma » 11.20.13 9:01pm

Mine hasn't been. I have New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World pre-ordered and plan on getting Deus Ex and Sonic: Lost World. Sonic: Lost World has gotten some bad reviews but the controls and level design seem fine to me. Then there's Virtual Console games - I have Super Metroid, Earthbound, Super Mario World, Super Castlevania IV, Mega Man X and Kirby Super Star. I think I play Virtual Console games more than Wii U games.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 12.24.13 2:35am

I mostly use mine to play the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I have gotten plenty of use out of mine. First of all, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. If this doesn't keep you busy until Metroid 5 comes out, then there's a problem(There seems to be a lack of MH3U on this thread anyway). Not to mention all of the good games on it already like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U, Zombie U, Nintendoland(if you have four other friends), Rayman legends, and all the cool stuff coming out in 2014. Sorry if I sounded like I'm trying to sell you all the damn thing, but there are plenty of good games out already, and more on the way, especially since Zelda U is going to be unveiled in some way at E3 2014: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/ ... at-e3-2014

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 12.24.13 11:33am

Well to be fair or technical as you play your consoles is still "collecting dust" as it doesn't actually move. Haha.
Since I don't use mine I gave it to a friend to use over Christmas break.

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion