Who else thinks there should be a SSB-Kart game?

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
EpicWolfOfDarkness

Mochtroid

Who else thinks there should be a SSB-Kart game?

Postby EpicWolfOfDarkness » 04.09.14 3:56pm

Think about it: a Mario Kart-esque game featuring characters from SSB. That would be so awesome. :awesome:

Both of those series are really popular, so I think it would work out well for Nintendo. :)

What do you guys think?

VGMStudios

Ridley

Re: Who else thinks there should be a SSB-Kart game?

Postby VGMStudios » 04.09.14 4:03pm

Shhh youll give nintendo ideas.

Other than characters how would this differ from the battling kart game that is already established?

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 04.09.14 4:06pm

A good idea but unfortunately will never come to be. The minute such a product is revealed by Nintendo Mario Kart will lose its relevance immediately. I don't think Ninty want to take that chance, so they'll probably just going to stick with Mario Kart and Smash Bros respectively.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 06.23.14 11:10pm

Think about Ganondorf exclaiming "Yahoo!" as he does a radical trick on his bike. :geemer:
Suckers.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 06.24.14 12:09am

I've talked about the idea with friends, once even made a list of what we'd think each character would use as, or in place of a kart.

Some ideas..

Toon Link: Moterized King of red Lions

Samus: a miniture, hovering gunship that is commically to small for her (she sits with her knees up to her head), or just uses the Speed booster.

Star Fox Characters: Miniture Arwing, Landmaster or Great Fox Bike.

Kirby Characters: Vehicles from Kirby's Air Ride.

Sonic: Running, Car, or.. the hoverboard thingie they got in one racing game.

Link/Fire Emblem Characters: Horses?

Falcon: Mini Blue Falcon

Pokemon: Another Pokemon.

All I can remember off the top of my head.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.25.14 5:38am

I think this will end up like the Sonic/Kirby racing games I don't care to Google right now and the Mortal Kombat racing game titled 'Motor Kombat' in that only 10 people still remember it exists and nobody cares about it anymore. What MK did right, was make it an extra in Mortal Kombat Armageddon in a similar manner to how Metroid was put in both Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Prime. I'd love to gun things down as Samus!Kart but the idea is a fusion of a fusion which generally leads to bad game design or it getting compared to the superior game (being Mario Kart) in the example of the Super Smash Bros. series itself and how Super Playstation Bros. tried a similar concept and crashed because people would rather play the superior option. Unless it had its own unique fun spin that drew in everyone, nobody would play it for more than a week if they even bother getting it at all.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.25.14 2:33pm

Just going to drop this here:

Click for their theme song.

Proceed with whatever you were doing.

(Who said stage hazards and bosses can't participate in the racing too? :umad:)
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 08.26.14 5:10pm

SWEET BABY MARIO

SHIT GOT REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

EDIT:

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
4 Vehicles
8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
4 Vehicles
8 Courses

Annoyed that the first pack is ANOTHER mario and peach, but Link's still in it, so that's cool.
I just wonder how much these packs cost.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.26.14 5:28pm

Well, the Nintendo UK store has them listed at £7.00 each, which is presently $11.60 USD, so I'd say a $10 USD final price seems 'bout right. Factor that into your regional equivalent.

I'd also like to say that HELL YES! It's about damn time Nintendo recognized the cross-franchise potential of their series outside of Smash brothers!

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.26.14 5:58pm

RIP F-Zero. :'(
EDIT: Link is hype, but Tanooki Mario? Cat Peach? Did they not learn anything? :facepalm:

I'm going to hold out this and wait for actual footage of the tracks to see if their worth getting. There's a very slim chance I'll actually buy it (like most DLC), but we'll see.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.26.14 6:21pm

I wouldn't count a standalone F-Zero title out just yet. Nintendo should be smart enough to realize that they're both entirely different games appealing to very different audiences. Plus, Nintendo's been partnering like mad, so who's to say they won't license the franchise out? I bet SEGA'd be up for another whack at it.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.26.14 6:30pm

Huh, I didn't even realize the F-Zero (probably Mute City) track. Nintendo pls, why you do this to me.
I wouldn't count a standalone F-Zero title out just yet. Nintendo should be smart enough to realize that they're both entirely different games appealing to very different audiences. Plus, Nintendo's been partnering like mad, so who's to say they won't license the franchise out? I bet SEGA'd be up for another whack at it.
You are correct, this may spell good for some other Nintendo franchises. Sega/Nintendo on F-Zero would be amazing.

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 08.27.14 3:01am

I wonder if Samus will ever be included in one of the DLC packs.
Suckers.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 08.27.14 8:29am

Currently no.
Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link, Villager, Isabelle, and Dry Bowser are the only ones.

But that's just for now. I'm pretty sure if these sell well enough they'll make more.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.27.14 2:54pm

I just realized; stuff like this is what Amiibos are going to be used for.

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion